P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MDF XIV, 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: MDF XIV, 2016 Reply with quote

Couldn't find a proper thread for next year's MDF so I'll start this one ...

Looks like Mayhem will be playing DMDS in it's entirety this time https://www.facebook.com/MarylandDeathfest#

Will also probably pop my MDF cherry this go around since my wife's good friends just bought a place in Baltimore and we have a place to stay ... & they have kids also to keep my little one entertained!

General question for you MDF veterans - we plan on attending Saturday's Ram's Head & Sound Stage shows so is it worth it to by tickets for both events and just walk back and forth between both venues? Is the walk doable - according to Google Maps it doesn't seem far? Do these venues allow in & out admission?

We plan on going to Edison Lot Friday and Sunday but those will be all-day affairs.

Thanks
ApparitionOfferings,theBeast,bMz,bitewerks,BNB888,DoomMantia,funeralfog666,Gangraen,GhoulesDesCultes,Goab,Grell,gristle,ICP666,Iscariah,moonan,PenetrationHammer,PeterVenkman,ravn,Sv.,tehomapzu,13,vorfeed
NightlyFister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram's Head and Soundstage are really close together so you won't have any problems going back and forth, they allow ins and outs.
introbust

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 4 day pass, I probably won't be able to attend like planned. If anyone wants it for face value send me a PM.
Manny-O-War

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they just called it "Todd Burdette-Fest?"
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday & Sunday Edison Lot Tickets Ordered ... talked Wifey into accompanying me to Ram's Head Saturday for Craft and Grave Miasma Twisted Evil
ApparitionOfferings,theBeast,bMz,bitewerks,BNB888,DoomMantia,funeralfog666,Gangraen,GhoulesDesCultes,Goab,Grell,gristle,ICP666,Iscariah,moonan,PenetrationHammer,PeterVenkman,ravn,Sv.,tehomapzu,13,vorfeed
Psalmanazar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseur festival run by social justice warriors with poor taste. Yes you can see Mayhem, Satan, Exciter, Destroyer 666, and a bunch of Z-list Swedish bands in a parking lot surrounded by junkies but the sound will be total shit for most of them. On the other stages you have Repugnant, General Surgery, Crypt Sermon, and Mystifier but the lineups overall sucked Charlie Sheen AIDS cock compared to the parking lot this past year and next except for the pre-show. The festival is growing with crust, grind, doom, riffless hipster black metal, hardcore, and Opeth idiots who listen to the absolute worst of each genre "for the feelz."

Many of the bands toured the east coast in the past couple of years too. Mayhem, Satan, Exciter, Horrendous, and Repugnant all played better venues. I saw Repugnant in a cafeteria with way better sound than all of Deathfest last year.
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody should put a stop to all the grind and crust being booked with metal. They aren't the same genre and have an entirely different fan base. These people must be stopped. "Muh Blood and Carcass" aren't good arguments we all know the difference.

Last edited by Nolan_B on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Tireheb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:
Somebody should put a stop to all the grind and crust being booked with metal. They aren't the same genre and have an entirely fan base. These people must be stopped. "Muh Blood and Carcass" aren't good arguments we all know the difference.

Agreed. Never understood the urge to mix metal and punk/crust at festivals. Metal festivals should be metal festivals, not "something for everyone" type mix-mash.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psalmanazar wrote:
Poseur festival run by social justice warriors with poor taste. Yes you can see Mayhem, Satan, Exciter, Destroyer 666, and a bunch of Z-list Swedish bands in a parking lot surrounded by junkies but the sound will be total shit for most of them. On the other stages you have Repugnant, General Surgery, Crypt Sermon, and Mystifier but the lineups overall sucked Charlie Sheen AIDS cock compared to the parking lot this past year and next except for the pre-show. The festival is growing with crust, grind, doom, riffless hipster black metal, hardcore, and Opeth idiots who listen to the absolute worst of each genre "for the feelz."

Many of the bands toured the east coast in the past couple of years too. Mayhem, Satan, Exciter, Horrendous, and Repugnant all played better venues. I saw Repugnant in a cafeteria with way better sound than all of Deathfest last year.

Repulsion, you moron.
BeyondTheGates

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Psalmanazar wrote:

Repulsion, you moron.

Laughing I was wondering why I couldn't find Repugnant on the flier
BeyondTheGates

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:
Somebody should put a stop to all the grind and crust
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psalmanazar wrote:

hmm same can be said about almost any big festival anywhere... or at least about 80-90% of them i guess
Mendicant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I love the variety at MDF but I have pretty wide tastes. I've been six times and the sheer number of amazing bands I've seen is just ridiculous. Just a shame it costs me so much to go
Psalmanazar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Psalmanazar wrote:

Repulsion, you moron.

Drunk brain fart. Repulsion killed at a university cafeteria in DC even though I had to sit through shitty hardcore bands and Pig Destroyer.

Nolan_B wrote:
Somebody should put a stop to all the grind and crust being booked with metal. They aren't the same genre and have an entirely fan base. These people must be stopped. "Muh Blood and Carcass" aren't good arguments we all know the difference.

Deathtoll 80k and Gridlink playing were cool most "grind only" fans are hardcore idiots who just want to jump up and down, punch each other in the face, and do the Karate Kid crane kick dance to bouncy hardcore riffs.
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psalmanazar wrote:

amen.... 2012 was the last great year. 2013 was the first year they stopped playing in the sonar and it sucked than..beefed up security... shitty tent... and now it just blows. Waiting for it to be part of " the budweisier concert series" i rather do hells head bash at the end of the summer. One venue. Tail gating .. cheep hotel... Cleveland drug dealers readily available.. fuck.mdf and its ripp off hotel prices. 4 nights at a baltimore hotel is a small fortune. They rape the metal nerds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: