P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cradle of Filth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which CoF album exposes your fangs?
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
31%
 31%  [ 118 ]
Vempire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
14%
 14%  [ 53 ]
Dusk... and Her Embrace
28%
 28%  [ 108 ]
Cruelty and the Beast
14%
 14%  [ 54 ]
Midian
6%
 6%  [ 24 ]
Bitter Suites to Succubi
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Damnation and a Day
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Nymphetamine
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Thornography
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 377

TheDark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dani has a different tone to his rasp. Don't think I've heard him sound like this on any other album. I will definitely be picking this up.
Let the pain always stay with you
alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmakable wrote:
Maybe the stream isn't the best quality, but for something that's supposed to be more guitar driven, the guitars seem to be lowest in the mix. The annoyingly high in the mix kick drum kinda ruined both songs for me.

The bass lines are pretty sweet though.
alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Vocals and keyboards are so much better in this version. Also the fact that it's much more guitar driven. Can't wait for the CD to arrive.

Vocals sound really cruel. Have Dani used thatkind style in other releases or havent I just noticed it before?

But at some parts that woman vocals make me thing "wtf is she doing?". Maybe I get use to them

She is actually singing here instead of just moaning and shit. Good stuff.
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, this is pretty much all I could have hoped for: an intriguing peak into the creative process of a band struggling to take that next big step. As much as I like Dani's unique vocal style, and a few of the other differences found on this recording, I think it is plain obvious that they could not have made the final album with that line up. The talent simply was not there. The bass playing is plain sloppy in many places, and so are many of the guitar and keyboard parts. It is quite crude really, even compared to the The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh. That said, I cannot fault it in terms of production, as I believe this was not intended to be the final mix. So, all in all a rewarding listen that should have been available ages ago, but nowhere near the King Diamond-esque perfection of the final version and official of Dusk... And Her Embrace, nor the fury of V Empire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein, which was also recorded after this.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
To me, this is pretty much all I could have hoped for: an intriguing peak into the creative process of a band struggling to take that next big step.

This was indeed an ambitious album, almost like their personal Powerslave of sorts, and I do enjoy this one too in a demo recording type of way, even if that wasn't the case - it just appears as such in comparison. The MFN version proves to be a noticeable leap in quality, much thanks to the lineup that did justice to the great tracks. Especially the guitars are sometimes surprisingly weakened and a good, aggressive guitar driven track like Nocturnal Supremacy, as a result, is practically neutered, lacking in punch that is so vivid on the two re-recordings of the song that were both handled by Anstis.

Yeah the keyboards here are different, at times quite a bit more on the symphonic side than usual, but then there's the beginning of the title track for instance, with some odd fuckery going on that really does no favors to the song (Keith Appleton should have helped). Not consistently better than on Dusk 96, but still nice.

Vocals are otherwise quite good and "cruel", but they sound a little canned. Like recorded in an actual tin can canned. Also, being mixed too high, they hog a lot of the forefront of the musical facet. On the MFN version, the balance was probably the best they had achieved (along with Vempire) and there was the humid, warm sound that made it such a treat to listen to. This version is still indeed the ultimate curiosity, but that's the extent of the case really. Everything was improved upon for the reworked version.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you just said, and I believe, that every real Cradle Of Filth aficionado will arrive at similar conclusions.

The album is now up for streaming in 320 kbps on Spotify.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are still talking about Cradle of Filth? hahaha wow.

I want Ghost and Watain threads back for fucks sake now!
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the recent excitement is all about that Dusk/The Original Sin thats coming out, to us old cats it feels like 1996 all over again...! time to dust off the old Jesus is a Cunt shirt.....
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
(...) time to dust off the old Jesus is a Cunt shirt.....

The Black Lourde Of Crucifixion wore it inside the booklet of Grand Belial's Key's Mocking The Philanthropist. That must mean that it is "kvlt-approved", right?
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any USA distros that have Dusk & Her Embrace: Original Sin vinyl in stock? Amazon is sold out. I see amazon UK has it along with a few other UK and German sites, but shipping is $$$ for 1 LP. I don't care which color, just not looking to spend $50+ on this
M.Syfax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
The Black Lourde Of Crucifixion wore it inside the booklet of Grand Belial's Key's Mocking The Philanthropist. That must mean that it is "kvlt-approved", right?

Im not sure, I don't think GBK's kvlt is trending enough ATM TBH - If there was a C.O.F logo in a Ross Bay Cult photo, or a shout-out in the credits of the next Teitanblood record, then maybe?
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps.
ADK
banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
well, the recent excitement is all about that Dusk/The Original Sin thats coming out, to us old cats it feels like 1996 all over again...!

Well, yes, but not in a good way. More like in a Spice Girls, Macarena and Babylon Zoo 1996 feeling.
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"News" on the Cruelty overhaul: http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/18/news/cradle-filth-give-cruelty-beast-total-overhaul-2017-reissue/
cmflesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
"News" on the Cruelty overhaul: http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/18/news/cradle-filth-give-cruelty-beast-total-overhaul-2017-reissue/

Finally something for my interest aswell since I think it's their best (maybe a bit personal nostalgia too) album to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 34 of 45

Jump to: