P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cradle of Filth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which CoF album exposes your fangs?
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
32%
 32%  [ 108 ]
Vempire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
13%
 13%  [ 44 ]
Dusk... and Her Embrace
27%
 27%  [ 91 ]
Cruelty and the Beast
13%
 13%  [ 46 ]
Midian
6%
 6%  [ 21 ]
Bitter Suites to Succubi
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Damnation and a Day
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Nymphetamine
3%
 3%  [ 10 ]
Thornography
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 330

candlesmoke

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
candlesmoke wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Vempire's LP re-issues? There's the 2011 (Black on Black) version and 2014 (The End Records) version. Are both of these decent or is one of them superior in terms of sound quality?

I have The End version which seems fine to me (if you can get past the hideous disco explosion vinyl) and just sort of avoid anything BoB as a a rule.

Odd, I read that the the first BoB LPs were terrible but nothing wrong with the newer ones (2008+). If anyone can comment on that..

In addition, I haven't really found any decent pictures of the The End version. Does it have slightly different colours as well? For example, the album cover..
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the whole Cruelty overhaul supposed to be out by March? No updates at all. Would seem fitting to postpone it to 2018 and call it the 20th anniversary edition, I'm afraid. Just make it the 19th anniversary edition damnit. That's a nice round number. And besides, their current fanbase probably thinks the band's debut was Nymphetamine, so forget about those asshats.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Wasn't the whole Cruelty overhaul supposed to be out by March? No updates at all. Would seem fitting to postpone it to 2018 and call it the 20th anniversary edition, I'm afraid. Just make it the 19th anniversary edition damnit. That's a nice round number. And besides, their current fanbase probably thinks the band's debut was Nymphetamine, so forget about those asshats.

It was supposed to be out at february/march 2017. Didnt find any info about it, only that videointerview from last year. Nothing new since it.

Maybe Kanye West has some news?
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen this before. You might want to turn your brightness settings up a bit.

CRADLE OF FILTH- Bradford, England 7-12-93
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOhxOfE3mM
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when comes floga records demo box set?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Never seen this before. You might want to turn your brightness settings up a bit.

CRADLE OF FILTH- Bradford, England 7-12-93
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOhxOfE3mM

It's been there before but in worse quality (due to more generated copy used for digitizing). Or then I'm mixing to the Emperor video from the same gig. This one is actually watchable.
nouveauregne

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruelty and the beast is their best work. Very riff based, huge Maiden and Priest worship throughout.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New album Cryptoriana is already leaked. Been listening that one video song couple times and it sounds fucking great. So had to listen that leaked album last night while drinking. Dont remember much about it now (for some reason) so had to listen again.

It sounds very much like Cruelty and the beast. Very sweet and big guitar melody parts where they slow down, filled with Iron Maidenish mid tempo parts. Sound is very powerful, especially guitars and Dani doesent try too much.

Much better than their latest releases, although liked some parts of Hammer if Witches. This new one is more "easy listening" stuff like in their early days.

Uhh, and it contains really fitting cover, Annihilator - Alison Hell

Here's the video song mentioned earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNRIaeg6EyY
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the new track on Tuesday and while the songwriting had some added complexity, the sleak plasticky sound was, no surprise, insufferable. I think if it were an entirely different band with more natural sound production, things might be different. If not by much. So nowadays Cradle Of Filth's biggest problem for me is still their past.

That being said, I'll check out the album when it's on Youtube. The new guitar players are after all a couple of skilled bastards who're obviously fans of the old material and in performance do it justice way more than Paul "no it's just root growth" Allender and whoever the other guy was, did. I'm curious to hear what they've come up with, even if I can hardly see myself ever buying this album. Unless it's as good as drunk Valgrinder says, of course.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned off the new track about 3/4 through... its all good and it is what it is, its CoF and all... possibly better and trying again or whatever the web nets are claiming and perhaps that is true... its still just too much over the top and maybe its just my own departure of interest from such a bombardment of circus music. The album art is finally all looking really good again, or maybe it has been for awhile... there was a few albums that were terrible to even gaze upon.

Anyways... I will play the whole thing at least once when online again just to hear it, but based off the one song... I just have a shoulder shrug and a indifferent attitude towards it. Good job lads and just a interest in other things I guess to really care too much either way.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! - bored looking acting and ridiculous pretend playing music videos... it is near perfect, but its not a lyric video? hahahaha

Almost a perfect gayness achieved. So silly and ridiculous and fake. Glorious.

What is it about this that reeks of lack of true conviction, is it indeed intended to almost be silly and comical, is that the aim and perfectly resulting in that cheesy style? So much money and effort dumped into this and in the end I feel embarrassed watching it but laughing too... it just feels so silly and intended perhaps to be nothing more than that... I mean, its not lacking talent or skill... its just so ridiculous really... so ridiculous it is almost perfect in that alone.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Ha! - bored looking acting and ridiculous pretend playing music videos... it is near perfect, but its not a lyric video? hahahaha

Almost a perfect gayness achieved. So silly and ridiculous and fake. Glorious.

What is it about this that reeks of lack of true conviction, is it indeed intended to almost be silly and comical, is that the aim and perfectly resulting in that cheesy style? So much money and effort dumped into this and in the end I feel embarrassed watching it but laughing too... it just feels so silly and intended perhaps to be nothing more than that... I mean, its not lacking talent or skill... its just so ridiculous really... so ridiculous it is almost perfect in that alone.

If you compare it more to theatry like King Diamond and not to fex black metal, it starts to make more sense.
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same question as I just posted in the Dimmu Borgir thread: what Cradle of Filth albums are worth checking out?
I only know them as a big Nuclear Blast 'Black Metal for people who don't like Black Metal' band and all of their recent stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea...
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientSlumber wrote:
Same question as I just posted in the Dimmu Borgir thread: what Cradle of Filth albums are worth checking out?

Start with the easy ones: The Principle..., Vempire, Dusk and Her Embrace. Further only if you are really into it.
The Fallen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song is meh. As mentioned above, there are some good parts in there, but gah it feels so forced and plasticky :/ Also that video could have used some fog or something, it's totally lacking atmosphere imo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: