P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cradle of Filth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which CoF album exposes your fangs?
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
32%
 32%  [ 62 ]
Vempire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
16%
 16%  [ 31 ]
Dusk... and Her Embrace
23%
 23%  [ 45 ]
Cruelty and the Beast
14%
 14%  [ 27 ]
Midian
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Bitter Suites to Succubi
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Damnation and a Day
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Nymphetamine
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Thornography
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 190

Descension

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
Descension wrote:
Their death metal demos are killer. I think I made a thread on here about them and an original member said a vinyl compilation may happen. Hoping for that.

There you go mate. Knock yourself out

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?PID=27375

YES. Thank you.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrible choice for me... at the end, pick for Cruelty but from Principle to Succubi I love it all.

Amazing ensemble indeed.
PaleRider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything up to Midian, but I find myself going back to Vempire the most.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People often don't realize how fast Cradle Of Filth went from being just a band to a full time job for the people involved. Like most underground bands, they strived to make it big. Sure the accessories and hordes of clueless fans aren't exactly something I welcome with open arms, but that goes with the territory when you're dealing with a successful heavy metal band.

They were practically metal mainstream when Dusk came out, weren't they? The side effects didn't resonate in all corners of the world until a few years later.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
People often don't realize how fast Cradle Of Filth went from being just a band to a full time job for the people involved. Like most underground bands, they strived to make it big. Sure the accessories and hordes of clueless fans aren't exactly something I welcome with open arms, but that goes with the territory when you're dealing with a successful heavy metal band.

They were practically metal mainstream when Dusk came out, weren't they? The side effects didn't resonate in all corners of the world until a few years later.

Fair enough. Back then a lot of bands in the underground were trying to 'make it', even Mayhem. Remember when century media changed all their bands logos to generic fonts? I still think CoF went above and beyond in the homo stakes though. Some of the shit they did/said mixed in with the utterly horrible romantic Gary Oldman Dracula lyrics/image was just too much.
mucupurulent cuntkiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vempire>Cruelty>Dusk>Principle>Midian

I love the long songs from Vempire "Queen of Winter" and "Bathory Aria" from Cruelty great compositions indeed.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
I remember when I was 15 and I barely knew shit about black metal... but sill listened to lots of grind and death metal. I bought a cradle of filth - dusk her embrace or whatever that albums called, in the used section at a local record store cause I heard it was their best one, and somebody had recommended them. I listened to it for part of the day then immediatly went to sell it back to the store, they said they'd only take it for like a dollar which was like 1/6th what I paid for it and just took the deal. So even then not knowing shit about black metal or that band and even still being extremly impressionable I STILL thought it was total crap upon listening to it! Even so much that I got rid of it for a fraction of what I paid! True story.

You're what, about 17?
nileppez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
I remember when I was 15 and I barely knew shit about black metal... but sill listened to lots of grind and death metal. I bought a cradle of filth - dusk her embrace or whatever that albums called, in the used section at a local record store cause I heard it was their best one, and somebody had recommended them. I listened to it for part of the day then immediatly went to sell it back to the store, they said they'd only take it for like a dollar which was like 1/6th what I paid for it and just took the deal. So even then not knowing shit about black metal or that band and even still being extremly impressionable I STILL thought it was total crap upon listening to it! Even so much that I got rid of it for a fraction of what I paid! True story.

You are impressive.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:

Very well said. It's not CoF's fault if their own fan base consists of dumb teens and goth sluts for the main part.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:

Very well said. It's not CoF's fault if their own fan base consists of dumb teens and goth sluts for the main part.

I think that was pretty much the demographic they aimed themselves at, especially in the UK through the main stream media. It worked too and they had a relatively long period of "success".
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
Descension wrote:
Their death metal demos are killer. I think I made a thread on here about them and an original member said a vinyl compilation may happen. Hoping for that.

That looks garbage. Anyone have an idea if the sound at least makes up for it?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murustrictus wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:
Descension wrote:

Their "UK" bootlegs always look like shit but have GREAT sound.
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Fair enough. Back then a lot of bands in the underground were trying to 'make it', even Mayhem. Remember when century media changed all their bands logos to generic fonts? I still think CoF went above and beyond in the homo stakes though. Some of the shit they did/said mixed in with the utterly horrible romantic Gary Oldman Dracula lyrics/image was just too much.

I honestly think Nigel Wingrove's amazing analog photomontages blow 99% of the contemporary Black Metal album covers out of the water. I love the Jean Rollin references. Extremely evocative stuff.

Last edited by Frozen on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Yosuke I would had banned this shit.
The spirit of NWN is against this band,I think.
Most gay band ever along with Dimmu borgir.I was hating them even when I was 16.They made bm mainstream for the masses and bastardized it with gothic and shitty keybords.They became popular in big magazines with advertisements.Is this underground?
I was reading the interview and they mentioned Glen Benton as fake.Someone should tell to Benton this,to break the faggot's teeth,one by one.
Fuck them!!!
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Murustrictus wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:
Descension wrote:

Their "UK" bootlegs always look like shit but have GREAT sound.

Cheers, might pick this up at some point then. But yes, it looks shitter than the band's later digital painting covers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: