P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cradle of Filth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which CoF album exposes your fangs?
The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
31%
 31%  [ 114 ]
Vempire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein
14%
 14%  [ 52 ]
Dusk... and Her Embrace
28%
 28%  [ 103 ]
Cruelty and the Beast
13%
 13%  [ 50 ]
Midian
6%
 6%  [ 23 ]
Bitter Suites to Succubi
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Damnation and a Day
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Nymphetamine
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Thornography
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 362

WolfkultReligion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlesmoke wrote:
WolfkultReligion wrote:
Feuersturm wrote:
Just heard in an interview that the 20th anniversary edition of Cruelty And The Beast won't come out until autumn. Fuck. Well I can wait but I was expecting to hear it before summer. Apparently some of the keyboards have been redone or something. Cause for concern perhaps? I mean I wouldn't let a fan who's younger than me tamper with the damn album.

I wonder why they want to do a rerecording for anything from the album. The album sounded great as it is.

You mean apart from the worst-sounding drum sound in the history of music?

I don't share that opinion at all.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album has been remixed and mastered from the original tapes. So it will still be the old recordings. I think what Dani said was that some keyboard parts were missing or something, so they need to be added. Hopefully with some taste.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never a fan but checked out the last album and was surprised, particuarly with the soloing.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-cradle-filths-cruelty-and-beast
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the remix of Cruelty and the Beast, and when it will be released?
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:

Last word was Fall 2018. I would have preferred an earlier date, a more exact date actually, because the album just turned 20 like a week ago. But it does have a mood of Autumn, with all the widows and stuff.

I recently ran into these christians doing metal reaction videos. They've become pretty big in like a month. I think the guy analyzes and breaks down Dani's lyrics surprisingly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8ilwjNz-A
El diablo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
Running in to Dani at the Devils Church in London just after the first record was released and seeing him with a bodyguard (I shit you not) was enough to confirm my suspicion that the guy was a joke.

Laughing

I remember them whining all the time about everything in the interviews, how hard their struggle as a band is, that their label is not doing enough for them etc. - like they were the poorest guys on earth.

By the way: Did they commit anything remotely evil or criminal during their career? Or were they really just 100% sissy?

Not all Black Metal musicians are brain sick as the Norwegians, in fact they are an exception (they and their fan-lovers).

The pioneers of this genre such as Venom, Celtic Frost and Bathory, were normal people wih normal lifes, let's see when we're going to leave that stereotype that we who love black metal are satanic that we sacrifice virgins and burn churches in name of Satan/Odin!!!

Those who commit criminal acts are misfits who only seek attention.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the logic that to be a serious black metal band you must be criminals and nasty mother fuckers with only a intent to disrupt order and society.

Well... what about all the seriously deranged people locked up for vicious crimes that never heard of black metal or have any idea what the fairy tale music genre is even supposed to be about? Are they just 'black metal' by default and don't know it yet? Laughing

Strict order has existed in this world before, coincidently that was also deemed to be 'evil' ...the chaos created by the lawless also deemed evil... and often neither have ever known anything of a gimmicked music genre Laughing

How badly some people want to or pretend to be dangerous or involved in something more than what it really is can be comical for sure. You don't have to be a law abiding citizen and can be extremely vile without giving a fuck about black metal and vice versa it would seem.

So once again... what point is trying to made about Cradle of Filth other than they might be a bit dramatic and whiny perhaps or had lofty goals of being a career band and went about making that happen?
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Black Metal is basically just another form of geek culture and fandom, accept truths...

(FYI, same can be said for Metal in general)
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who disputes the connection between creativity and an imbalanced mind should read this book: http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Touched-With-Fire/Kay-Redfield-Jamison/9780684831831

Feuersturm wrote:
Frozen wrote:

Last word was Fall 2018. I would have preferred an earlier date, a more exact date actually, because the album just turned 20 like a week ago. But it does have a mood of Autumn, with all the widows and stuff.

I recently ran into these christians doing metal reaction videos. They've become pretty big in like a month. I think the guy analyzes and breaks down Dani's lyrics surprisingly well.

Great analysis. I lament my dislike for Midian, as the lyrics are beyond excellent.
Dismal

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Anyone who disputes the connection between creativity and an imbalanced mind should read this book: http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Touched-With-Fire/Kay-Redfield-Jamison/9780684831831

Feuersturm wrote:
Frozen wrote:

Great analysis. I lament my dislike for Midian, as the lyrics are beyond excellent.

Hah, I somehow saw a few of their videos. And they made me re-listen to some early CoF

( they're behemoth reaction videos are also vaguely entertaining)
Frozen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's blood moon renewed my excitement for the upcoming Cruelty and the Beast remix. Any news on it?
candlesmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
Yesterday's blood moon renewed my excitement for the upcoming Cruelty and the Beast remix. Any news on it?

Only found this interview from June, based on which it'll be released this year. So no news.

https://www.rocksins.com/2018/06/interview-with-dani-filth-download-festival-2018-everybody-was-expecting-us-to-be-the-next-backstreet-boys-33641/

And Dani on the album:

Quote:
Iíve been witness to the remix and remastering, we pulled the whole thing apart, itís got a proper drum sound now, we made it sound huge, but we havenít taken away from any of the atmosphere, itís modern sounding but it still sounds old school, itís probably taken us longer to do the remix than it did to do the original mix, but itís great, itís the whole album plus Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wormvoice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if they aim for Halloween like they did with the release of Midian.

I will definitely give this a spin, but after so many years listening to the original I'm not sure what it will add. I don't mind the production on the original too much.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just listening to Dusk.. And Her Embrace yesterday. Great album.. wouldn't mind hearing this new remix, although IMO unnecessary.

Didn't they just release some original recording with a different lineup of one of their older albums? Wonder how that is.
sell/tradelist: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1299166#1299166
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43

Jump to: