P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Absurd (Ger)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite record?
Life beyond the Grave: 1992 - 1994 (Demos)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Facta Loquuntur (Final Edition)
32%
 32%  [ 79 ]
Asgardsrei (Remixed/Remastered)
8%
 8%  [ 22 ]
Werwolfthron
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Totenlieder
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Blutgericht
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
Raubritter/Grimmige Volksmusik
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg
17%
 17%  [ 43 ]
Weltenfeind
8%
 8%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 246

DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Let's face it, those first two albums + demos are amateurish, sloppy crappola German bm that nobody would have ever given two shits about were it not for the band members' highly heroic & aryan slaughter of a 100 lbs pre-teen. Not to mention that pathetic "EURONYMOUS WANTED TO SIGN US!!1!1" desperate tryhard publicity stunt that no one ever bought anyway, sure the dwarf might have replied their fan letters once or twice but that doesn't imply he actually liked that worthless junk of a Thuringian Rubbish demo (though he might have claimed he enjoyed it just like he did with virtually every band contacted him -we all know honesty wasn't exactly the guy's main strength).

Euronymous: Killed 1993
Thuringian Pagan Madness: Released 1995

Read your Lords of Chaos again, I'd say. Laughing
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever, you still claimed he liked some demo you sent him and that he wanted to sign Absurd to DSP, which is utter fucking crap.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for Blutgericht though I like it just as much as Der Funfzehnjahrige Krieg. Totenlieder is extremely close too. Absurd is fucking awesome.

Weltenfeind may have been a contender too, but they only make up a third of the release.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Whatever, you still claimed he liked some demo you sent him and that he wanted to sign Absurd to DSP, which is utter fucking crap.

Well, did I say so? You are the one talking crap, that's for certain.

I have never sent a demo tape to Euronymous. Nor did I correspond with this man. Where did you take this from, then? Lords of Chaos, again? Your one and only source if you want to know what's been happening/not happening during the 1990ties Black Metal, eh? Well, even in this book you won't find me saying so. So, yes indeed, it's you talking crap.

After the band members of Absurd (barely two yrs older than their victim, come to think of that) were arrested in April 1993, Malicious sent that "Death from the Forest"-demo over to Samoth who, in turn, was playing it to Euronymous as well as telling him of the news from Germany. Apparently, Euronymous was so excited by this story he wanted to work with Absurd and release smth via DSP. As we all know, he got killed shortly thereafter and nothing ever came of it.

That's all there is to it; and now off you go and get butthurt someplace else.
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
typicial Euronymous fanboy clearly you got that lord of chaos jammed up in your ass. You cumming all of this shit out. Absurd is clearly one of the best unique black metal bands to ever exist there whole discography is very impressive you can't really say which Absurd is the best due to how different every album is but in this case gave it to Weltenfeind this is the most hateful split to ever exist in black metal history
DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Hendrik, why does Asgardsrei have so many different tracklisting?

I got a burned CD from my friend like 10 years ago and it had 5 tracks on it, but the new remastered one has 9. Are they bonus tracks?

The CD you got surely matches the initial MCD release of "Asgardsrei" from 1999. There were more songs recorded during that session, though. They appeared on the "Asgardsrei"-LP at first, and later they too were used for re-editions of the "Asgardsrei"-CD.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Absurd (Ger) Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:

Although I can fully understand the want to improve the album's sound, in my opinion, the remix has rendered the sound too streamlined, too sleeked.
Shocked

Even though the songs were remixed and remastered, they still sound utterly raw IMO. Just much more powerful than on the initial mix down. Believe me, the band never ever felt happy with how the first mix turned out... and given the chance, this remix was mandatory.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Where did you take this from, then? Lords of Chaos, again? Your one and only source if you want to know what's been happening/not happening during the 1990ties Black Metal, eh? Well, even in this book you won't find me saying so. So, yes indeed, it's you talking crap. After the band members of Absurd (barely two yrs older than their victim, come to think of that) were arrested in April 1993, Malicious sent that "Death from the Forest"-demo over to Samoth who, in turn, was playing it to Euronymous as well as telling him of the news from Germany. Apparently, Euronymous was so excited by this story he wanted to work with Absurd and release smth via DSP. As we all know, he got killed shortly thereafter and nothing ever came of it.

It wasn't reported in Lords of Chaos only -which might be a cheesy read at times but is still a rather accurate source for the most part-, I clearly remember reading about it elsewhere, dont have my zines with me and can't check but I certainly didn't dream it. At least be honest and admit you made a fairly big deal out of that yet-to-be-verified DSP thing.

That being said, it's no rocket science that without that cowardish murder thing few would have known Absurd exists at all -as a matter of fact, pretty much no one did 'til late '93. It's surprising you still havent come to terms with reality after 20 years.
multicide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facta Loquuntur for sure. I couldn't get into Asgardsrei when it first came out due to the production but the remix/remaster is killer. Probably my favorite material is the Totenburg split.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, NK7 trying to derail ANOTHER thread. Its beyond me how this guy hasn't been banned yet. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bearsbearsbears on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deathexecution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Absurd (Ger) Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Even though I am fairly biased, [...]

how so? you hardly played on anything Wink except you are the advertisingmachine of course
widzew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list is missing "Wolfskrieger"?
My vote goes to "Totenlieder"; I could listen to "Stahl Blitz Kalt" song non stop and not have enough.
little_raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love both "old" and "new" Absurd.
Vote goes to Totenlieder because Facta seems to be gettin all the love

­
WarInvocator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
Love both "old" and "new" Absurd.
Vote goes to Totenlieder because Facta seems to be gettin all the love

­

Agreed. Totenlieder, because many of the tracks are memorable, and, dare I say, catchy? It's a solid recording. Raubriter is very enjoyable as well.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totenlieder is pure, joyful hate. I rarely ever listen to it anymore, but if I had to pick a favorite, that's probably it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: