P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Last time you were DIASPPOINTED to the ground fucking wow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KRSTFR



Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 459

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
NUNSLAUGHTER - Hex


C'mon, HEX is pretty good album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1288
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestuus wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:
NUNSLAUGHTER - Hex


C'mon, HEX is pretty good album.


I too was disappointed by this one. Hells Unholy Fire was such a great record. And live, Nunslaughter totally killed when they played Melbourne in 2003 I guess it was. Awesome!
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7229

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0%cured



Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Posts: 664
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)


Which bands or records in your opinion fits that description?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9632
Location: Mïŋ―lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this style isn't really easy to get into, at least it took me really some time for it. It's also kind of love it or hate it stuff.
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7229

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)


Which bands or records in your opinion fits that description?


All of the ones I mentioned, plus assorted others...I have never heard a record in that style that I could stand despite giving it infinite chances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Devoured Death



Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 1944

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
INQUISITION- MAGNIFICENT GLORIFICATION OF LUCIFER
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!


I'd have to agree with you there, I felt really let down by that album. There's a really funny bit, I think it's on the second song where he sounds like he's repeating: "Frogspaaaawn".


that is a pretty weak album compared to their others. i'll have listen to it later to hear the frogspaaaaaaawn. Laughing


Haha!

Their first and most recent are my favourites by far! They're one of those rare BM bands that a decent production actually suits, I thought the 2nd and 3rd ones all suffered not only from weaker songs, but from their production not carrying the grimnity that they should across.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0%cured



Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Posts: 664
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)


Which bands or records in your opinion fits that description?


All of the ones I mentioned, plus assorted others...I have never heard a record in that style that I could stand despite giving it infinite chances.


sorry brother, but I thought you liked this specific sound and didn't enjoyed bands like Morboso, Revenge etc. Must read carefully next time... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demonomancy



Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 2134
Location: GER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donīt know if itīs mentioned before, but the last Forgotten Woods was utter crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carnal sadist



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
huja wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
INQUISITION- MAGNIFICENT GLORIFICATION OF LUCIFER
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!


I'd have to agree with you there, I felt really let down by that album. There's a really funny bit, I think it's on the second song where he sounds like he's repeating: "Frogspaaaawn".


that is a pretty weak album compared to their others. i'll have listen to it later to hear the frogspaaaaaaawn. Laughing


Haha!

Their first and most recent are my favourites by far! They're one of those rare BM bands that a decent production actually suits, I thought the 2nd and 3rd ones all suffered not only from weaker songs, but from their production not carrying the grimnity that they should across.


I'm inclined to agree with you here.
_________________
http://csp.circleofdestruction.net
Carnal Sadist Productions

http://malignstudios.circleofdestruction.net
Malign Studios (Artwork and Layouts)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7229

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)


Which bands or records in your opinion fits that description?


All of the ones I mentioned, plus assorted others...I have never heard a record in that style that I could stand despite giving it infinite chances.


sorry brother, but I thought you liked this specific sound and didn't enjoyed bands like Morboso, Revenge etc. Must read carefully next time... Rolling Eyes


No worries. I'm not even trying to rag on these bands, obviously they make a huge contribution to metal and have the right spirit behind them, I just have trouble getting into the sound...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
INQUISITION- MAGNIFICENT GLORIFICATION OF LUCIFER
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!

I have to disagree here. I personally think that Magnificent Glorification Of Lucifer is a pretty damned good album. It has some pretty solid songs in my opinion and I personally don't mind the production. Has quite a good occult feeling in my mind.

Also, with the 3rd Nile album, I actually quite enjoy "In Their Darkened Shrines". I would say that it is a pretty solid album with some epic songs. Come on, Sarcophagus is one bad ass song, and Churning The Maelstrom is vicious.

For disappointments, I would personally say that Mayhem's latest is a bit of a letdown, however you can't really expect much after the pure shit that was Grand Declaration of War and the disappointing Chimera.

With Angelcorpse's latest album, when I first listened to it I was somewhat disappointed, ever since I first thought that the guitar tone ruined songs that contained brilliant riffs and solos. However, as time has gone on and with each new listen, I have come to respect this album more and more. I don't mind the guitar tone that much, and althought I would prefer it if it had the guitar tone of Inexorable or Exterminate, I still respect the album and enjoy it a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronBloodBlasphemy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
Donīt know if itīs mentioned before, but the last Forgotten Woods was utter crap.
agreed, forgot about that one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BreedingtheSpawn



Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Posts: 1314
Location: Cobra Island

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
INQUISITION- MAGNIFICENT GLORIFICATION OF LUCIFER
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!

I have to disagree here. I personally think that Magnificent Glorification Of Lucifer is a pretty damned good album. It has some pretty solid songs in my opinion and I personally don't mind the production. Has quite a good occult feeling in my mind.

Also, with the 3rd Nile album, I actually quite enjoy "In Their Darkened Shrines". I would say that it is a pretty solid album with some epic songs. Come on, Sarcophagus is one bad ass song, and Churning The Maelstrom is vicious.

For disappointments, I would personally say that Mayhem's latest is a bit of a letdown, however you can't really expect much after the pure shit that was Grand Declaration of War and the disappointing Chimera.

With Angelcorpse's latest album, when I first listened to it I was somewhat disappointed, ever since I first thought that the guitar tone ruined songs that contained brilliant riffs and solos. However, as time has gone on and with each new listen, I have come to respect this album more and more. I don't mind the guitar tone that much, and althought I would prefer it if it had the guitar tone of Inexorable or Exterminate, I still respect the album and enjoy it a lot.


In Their Darkened Shrines is a pretty good album. My favorite song is Unas Slayer of the Gods.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely Angel Corpse "Of Lucifer and Lightning." The production is beyond stale, but it also sounds like they phoned it in with the song writing. But the last Infernal War kinda made up for this. I can't remember a recent record I wanted to like more, but felt nothing no many how many times I listened to it.

Oh wait, yes I can. Darkthone "FOAD." I've always found something to like on anything they put out, but I should have seen this coming after the previous record, which also sounded unremarkable.

Also, I never got that into Revenge "Victory. Intolerance. Mastery." I loved the everything else they've done (including the new LP), but this one didn't do it for me.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group