P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Last time you were DIASPPOINTED to the ground fucking wow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRSTFR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
NUNSLAUGHTER - Hex

C'mon, HEX is pretty good album.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestuus wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:
NUNSLAUGHTER - Hex

C'mon, HEX is pretty good album.

I too was disappointed by this one. Hells Unholy Fire was such a great record. And live, Nunslaughter totally killed when they played Melbourne in 2003 I guess it was. Awesome!
Then the devil must...
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Examples: Morbosidad, Revenge, Conqueror, Blasphemy etc...
(I am not flaming here at all, just do not get this style whatsoever)
0%cured

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I get crushed by disappointment everytime I go against my better judgement and buy a release by some band that promises to be "the pure primitive essence of war" or some such nonsense....I always end up saying "oh, right, this is all shit!"

Which bands or records in your opinion fits that description?
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this style isn't really easy to get into, at least it took me really some time for it. It's also kind of love it or hate it stuff.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

All of the ones I mentioned, plus assorted others...I have never heard a record in that style that I could stand despite giving it infinite chances.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
INQUISITION- MAGNIFICENT GLORIFICATION OF LUCIFER
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!

I'd have to agree with you there, I felt really let down by that album. There's a really funny bit, I think it's on the second song where he sounds like he's repeating: "Frogspaaaawn".

that is a pretty weak album compared to their others. i'll have listen to it later to hear the frogspaaaaaaawn. Laughing

Haha!

Their first and most recent are my favourites by far! They're one of those rare BM bands that a decent production actually suits, I thought the 2nd and 3rd ones all suffered not only from weaker songs, but from their production not carrying the grimnity that they should across.
0%cured

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

All of the ones I mentioned, plus assorted others...I have never heard a record in that style that I could stand despite giving it infinite chances.

sorry brother, but I thought you liked this specific sound and didn't enjoyed bands like Morboso, Revenge etc. Must read carefully next time... Rolling Eyes
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donīt know if itīs mentioned before, but the last Forgotten Woods was utter crap.
carnal sadist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
huja wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
Crap production and lacking the occult feeling of the previous stuff on many songs. A good thing they came back strong with their latest killer album!

I'd have to agree with you there, I felt really let down by that album. There's a really funny bit, I think it's on the second song where he sounds like he's repeating: "Frogspaaaawn".

that is a pretty weak album compared to their others. i'll have listen to it later to hear the frogspaaaaaaawn. Laughing

Haha!

Their first and most recent are my favourites by far! They're one of those rare BM bands that a decent production actually suits, I thought the 2nd and 3rd ones all suffered not only from weaker songs, but from their production not carrying the grimnity that they should across.

I'm inclined to agree with you here.

http://malignstudios.circleofdestruction.net
Malign Studios (Artwork and Layouts)
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
0%cured wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

sorry brother, but I thought you liked this specific sound and didn't enjoyed bands like Morboso, Revenge etc. Must read carefully next time... Rolling Eyes

No worries. I'm not even trying to rag on these bands, obviously they make a huge contribution to metal and have the right spirit behind them, I just have trouble getting into the sound...
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:

I have to disagree here. I personally think that Magnificent Glorification Of Lucifer is a pretty damned good album. It has some pretty solid songs in my opinion and I personally don't mind the production. Has quite a good occult feeling in my mind.

Also, with the 3rd Nile album, I actually quite enjoy "In Their Darkened Shrines". I would say that it is a pretty solid album with some epic songs. Come on, Sarcophagus is one bad ass song, and Churning The Maelstrom is vicious.

For disappointments, I would personally say that Mayhem's latest is a bit of a letdown, however you can't really expect much after the pure shit that was Grand Declaration of War and the disappointing Chimera.

With Angelcorpse's latest album, when I first listened to it I was somewhat disappointed, ever since I first thought that the guitar tone ruined songs that contained brilliant riffs and solos. However, as time has gone on and with each new listen, I have come to respect this album more and more. I don't mind the guitar tone that much, and althought I would prefer it if it had the guitar tone of Inexorable or Exterminate, I still respect the album and enjoy it a lot.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
Donīt know if itīs mentioned before, but the last Forgotten Woods was utter crap.
agreed, forgot about that one
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:

I have to disagree here. I personally think that Magnificent Glorification Of Lucifer is a pretty damned good album. It has some pretty solid songs in my opinion and I personally don't mind the production. Has quite a good occult feeling in my mind.

Also, with the 3rd Nile album, I actually quite enjoy "In Their Darkened Shrines". I would say that it is a pretty solid album with some epic songs. Come on, Sarcophagus is one bad ass song, and Churning The Maelstrom is vicious.

For disappointments, I would personally say that Mayhem's latest is a bit of a letdown, however you can't really expect much after the pure shit that was Grand Declaration of War and the disappointing Chimera.

With Angelcorpse's latest album, when I first listened to it I was somewhat disappointed, ever since I first thought that the guitar tone ruined songs that contained brilliant riffs and solos. However, as time has gone on and with each new listen, I have come to respect this album more and more. I don't mind the guitar tone that much, and althought I would prefer it if it had the guitar tone of Inexorable or Exterminate, I still respect the album and enjoy it a lot.

In Their Darkened Shrines is a pretty good album. My favorite song is Unas Slayer of the Gods.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely Angel Corpse "Of Lucifer and Lightning." The production is beyond stale, but it also sounds like they phoned it in with the song writing. But the last Infernal War kinda made up for this. I can't remember a recent record I wanted to like more, but felt nothing no many how many times I listened to it.

Oh wait, yes I can. Darkthone "FOAD." I've always found something to like on anything they put out, but I should have seen this coming after the previous record, which also sounded unremarkable.

Also, I never got that into Revenge "Victory. Intolerance. Mastery." I loved the everything else they've done (including the new LP), but this one didn't do it for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: