P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Moonblood
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Moonblood Reply with quote

So I've spent the last week or so slowly getting through most of their material (chronologically) and I have to say I am incredibly impressed by the consistent high-quality output. Admittedly the demos are raw as fuck and the rips I found aren't overly brilliant, though I find myself rather digging what I hear.

The split with Nema is actually probably some of Moonblood's strongest material, though given that it follows on from Blut & Krieg quite closely it is hardly surprising.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another useless band that EAL made popular with the ltd-100 exclusive wynil for trve 666 spawns of satan facade and yet another example of clever marketing strategies applied to metal. On a pure musical level their relevance is just slightly below zero but be sure that in less than 10min I'll have the whole legion of resident UGBM morons calling me a troll because I torn to pieces their second most revered, untouchable band ever -first one obviously being Mutiilation.
ADK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavily overrated band.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Just another useless band that EAL made popular with the ltd-100 exclusive wynil for trve 666 spawns of satan facade and yet another example of clever marketing strategies applied to metal. On a pure musical level their relevance is just slightly below zero but be sure that in less than 10min I'll have the whole legion of resident UGBM morons calling me a troll because I torn to pieces their second most revered, untouchable band ever -first one obviously being Mutiilation.

Dude, from what you posted... you are one of the guys that has all the relatively rare and limited albums everyone else wishes they could have. Laughing

The only thing your collection is missing is a paw print from the Mighty Fighty Craig Sielski.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

The only thing your collection is missing is a paw print from the Mighty Fighty Craig Sielski.

On several occasions (multiple PMs basically) he assured me he'll place one of those on my head, as soon as he gets to win the Canadian national lottery. His gas card apparently doesn't cover Serbian highways.

Last edited by NK7 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

I don't even like Moonblood, but you really need a new shtick. This shit's getting really old and your incessant bickering/complaining doesn't add anything of value to any conversation at all. You should go back to posting hundreds of pictures of records in the autistic "collections" thread and ignore everything else.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love their stuff, epic and raw as fuck. I love that they are entirely assuming all the Trve Black Metal clichés they collected. In many case it fails, for them it works excellently.

Love Blut und Krieg, Never liked the second album.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

On several occasions (multiple PMs basically) he assured me he'll place one of those on my head, as soon as he gets to win the Canadian national lottery. His gas card apparently doesn't cover Serbian highways.

Are those pm's post worthy and worth reading?
I liked Craig the one time I hung out with him, he is actually in person a normal guy, but his internet frenzy of lunacy is something out of a epic movie... b-grade though.

The irony is that with all his frustration and rage, if he did get those paws on someone he felt mocked by... haha, I think he's insane enough to murder and give his free life up over trying to prove something to the forums. Wink

(all those missing years on the last leg of FMP rumor has it Craig was backpacking across Europe looking for someone)
csehszlovakze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the two full-lengths and the split with DSO (and not because of DSO) but their "rehearsals" are totally worthless.

my shitty metal blog
AphoticCatechism

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather "meh" about Moonblood. Dusk Woerot wasn't bad though.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csehszlovakze wrote:
I like the two full-lengths and the split with DSO (and not because of DSO) but their "rehearsals" are totally worthless.

Well, rehearsals tapes are rehearsals tapes. Not actual releases.

All the actual demos and releases are great stuff. Personal favourites are Blut & Krieg and the split with Deathspell Omega.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like almost everything they released, demos, rehearsals, etc...
pentfixion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bathory worshipping garage black metal, love it!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
I like almost everything they released, demos, rehearsals, etc...
same here Laughing
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't listened to Moonblood in years after I stopped downloading, but I did like quite a bit of what I ended up downloading from this band. It'd be nice if at least some of their material would get officially reissued some day. I'm honestly kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: