P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Profanatica SOTNC and Mtv New?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackMinion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Profanatica SOTNC and Mtv New? Reply with quote

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1589805/20080623/index.jhtml?rsspartner=unknown

apparently MTV news did a little rweport on the sarcifice of the nazarene child.when i first saw this on the front page of hells headbangers page i was like Profanatica and MTV wtf?.im surprised that MTV decide to do an article on some real metal/music.

thoughs on this article?
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Profanatica SOTNC and Mtv New? Reply with quote

BlackMinion wrote:

thoughs on this article?

gay.
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul ledney has quite a double chin going there.
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy who did the article, Chris Harris was there. He asked me if I wanted to answer questions for Nuclear Desecration and of course I said no. Pretty disapointing to see my band and photo mentioned on something MTV related. What pisses me off the most is the fact that my band and many other bands paid every penny out of our pockets to make the trip out to Texas and play this show... When some MTV journalist gets his flight, hotel, show ticket paid for and on top of that, he gets paid for doing that review/article. My band drove 21 hours to Texas, and 21 hours back to California to play a show, and some mainstream fuckers get paid to review underground cult shows.
GHOAT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. We drove 17 hours there and 20 back, all on a fucking credit card that I have already once paid off.

The article does not make anything negative/positive of the event, but it is just one step closer to something sacred again becoming exploited. Now fags into Dimmu and Behemoth will be adding Profanatica to their collections.

I do not now who this guy was, but I remember some of the things mentioned in the article being discussed around me at the hotel.

In the words of a friend after he read of this, "the scene is sold..."
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. You call shit like Profanatica sacred?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha
GHOAT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By sacred I mean underground death and black metal. Not Profanatica exclusively.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
That guy who did the article, Chris Harris was there. He asked me if I wanted to answer questions for Nuclear Desecration and of course I said no. Pretty disapointing to see my band and photo mentioned on something MTV related. What pisses me off the most is the fact that my band and many other bands paid every penny out of our pockets to make the trip out to Texas and play this show... When some MTV journalist gets his flight, hotel, show ticket paid for and on top of that, he gets paid for doing that review/article. My band drove 21 hours to Texas, and 21 hours back to California to play a show, and some mainstream fuckers get paid to review underground cult shows.

Maybe next year the fest will be able to cover some of your expenses thanks to this publicity.
huja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
paul ledney has quite a double chin going there.

funny that you say that because there's an add for mcdonald's big mac on the side of the screen next to him. Smile
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
H.K.Blasphemer wrote:

Maybe next year the fest will be able to cover some of your expenses thanks to this publicity.

Haha cool, as long as it gets promoted by Mtv and Mcdonalds ill be happy Rolling Eyes
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this guy Chris Harris anyway? A good friend of mine sent me the MTV.com link on Monday after the fest and I don't recall seeing anyone who didn't "belong" there, but I did show up late on Saturday. I was very surprised to read that article considering the source.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
H.K.Blasphemer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazuzu wrote:
Who is this guy Chris Harris anyway? A good friend of mine sent me the MTV.com link on Monday after the fest and I don't recall seeing anyone who didn't "belong" there, but I did show up late on Saturday. I was very surprised to read that article considering the source.

It was some white kid with short blonde hair that was wearing shorts and skating shoes. He was taking notes and what not...
dead gods

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a WATAIN US tour article on there too, but they were going the BM-star route at the time anyway.

This I can forgive, simply for how funny it was to scroll down the headline page seeing nothing but thumbnails of rappers, emo-twinks, etc., and then there's Ledney in a habit soaked with chicken blood. I doubt anyone who reads this shit would care. Plus we're already at the point where trendies are "into" more UG stuff with Myspace/Soulseek/blahblah.

Pitchfork.com's metal column is a million times worse IMO, with some limpfuck hipster saying REVENGE sounds like "ANAAL NATHRAKH with boogie-man vocals", etc. DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE.
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was extremely surprised when I first found out about this article. I didn't even know anyone from mtv was at the fest on Saturday. How lame...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: