P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Profanatica SOTNC and Mtv New?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is, who the fuck is this band and what self-respecting drummer would play that kit?

GHOAT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first band, Rituals of a Blasphemer. Not very original, but way better than they look. Not sure whose kit it was, but that is the kit that all the bands played, save for the Aussie touring package.
SorceressBitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, that kit was fucked. It kept falling over quite a few times. A lot of the bands had problem with this.
BlackMinion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is rituals of a blasphemy i have a demo of their i got form the band member nocturnal its from 07 on CDR he's also in his own 1 man project unhuman disease.last time i check they were only a 2 man group ritual of a blasphemer.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha.

The mainstreaming of Black Metal seems to be pretty inevitable. You can whine, pull down your MySpace pages, limit your releases, whatever to protect your sacred little "scene" (social club). In the end in doesn't matter.

With that said, if it is inevitable, then I'd rather see artists who deserve spotlight get it. This article is just an embarrassment cause none of these bands represent real Black Metal at all. Who care if more people find out? They will anyway. Everyone knows what the Mona Lisa looks like, but it doesn't change the fact it's a masterpiece.

Mercyful Fate, Venom, etc. never shunned wide scale recognition, and those bands are of course ten times more respectable than fat ass Ledney and his nun's habit. People see pics like that and the one above, and they laugh. So don't worry, children. I doubt this article is going to gain any new found interest in your club.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what happened to Mercyful Fate and Venom after they got really popular?

I don't think I'm the only one who listens to the first two albums of these bands and none after.

I think the point is that when there are places like MTV scouting for underground black metal to promote, it will make it easier for less-spirited bands to sell out and become bullshit, if they wern't already so. Look at death metal.

If your band is simply good and sells alot of albums with you comprimising style, who cares? But if you change your style with $$$ in mind I don't think it will be very good.

Underground black metal is a very select form of music. Shit like Bathory - The Return, Bulldozer - The Day of Wrath, Master's Hammer etc etc will never be popular listening amongst regular music tastes. If Parabellum formed with selling lots of albums and touring the world and being all over TV the main thing in mind, would they sound like they do? I think you can see where my opinion is going here.

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
BlackMinion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:

Underground black metal is a very select form of music. Shit like Bathory - The Return, Bulldozer - The Day of Wrath, Master's Hammer etc etc will never be popular listening amongst regular music tastes.

i agree even if black metal become "mainstream" the majority of listens will see it as a joke and noise not bother to listen to it any furthur.

although if you look on youtube you'll see people who say they listen to black metal only list Venom,Bathory,Dark Funeral,Darkthrone,Mayhem,Burzum,Marduk,Gorgoroth.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
And what happened to Mercyful Fate and Venom after they got really popular?

I don't think I'm the only one who listens to the first two albums of these bands and none after.

I think the point is that when there are places like MTV scouting for underground black metal to promote, it will make it easier for less-spirited bands to sell out and become bullshit, if they wern't already so. Look at death metal.

If your band is simply good and sells alot of albums with you comprimising style, who cares? But if you change your style with $$$ in mind I don't think it will be very good.

Underground black metal is a very select form of music. Shit like Bathory - The Return, Bulldozer - The Day of Wrath, Master's Hammer etc etc will never be popular listening amongst regular music tastes. If Parabellum formed with selling lots of albums and touring the world and being all over TV the main thing in mind, would they sound like they do? I think you can see where my opinion is going here.

I think it's amusing that you imply Mercyful Fate and Venom turned to shit due to their mainstream popularity, but then you name select albums by Bathory, Bulldozer and Master's Hammer as examples. What were those "Underground black metal" acts excuses for the lousey records they went on to make? Like the Bathory one that has a song about Hockey (wait, actually all Bathory after Hammerheart..which is only 50% good), The Bulldozer record with a rapper and that horrible Master's Hammer with a Chuck Berry cover?
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit, people who are offended by this seriously need to get a fucking life, total drama boys' club. It's your own fault if you're stupid enough to actually pay out the ass to play some gig two thousand miles away just to feel part of something.

What's the difference between MTV having a fuckin' webpage about this nonsense up or Metal Maniacs being available in every single small newsstand and mall across the nation?

It's just too bad that bands that actually deserve attention aren't the ones getting it, what else can they write about something like this but mockery really?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some clips from the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDKKO2aNZlU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUVReBk51E

Sounds excellent.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though obviously not the same person, Chris Harris is one of the guitar players in GOTH.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard about emo kids at Archgoat/Black Witchery gigs or something... will have to ask my mate about that again.

I remember there was a TV show about religious inspired music which briefly covered Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone etc briefly. The next day I heard some girl in a Blink 182 top say something along the lines of 'I am a black metaller'. One of the dumbest things I have EVER heard!!!

As for the sacredness of the genre being betrayed, in my opinion it was inevitable, when you look at death metal and thrash before it. Plus also its the perfect genre for alienated little nerds to latch onto. Rolling Eyes They want to think it makes them look 'scary' or 'threatoning'. Unsurprisingly they are laughed at by both us genuine folks and by the world as a whole!

I can sum what our attitude to them should be: Fuck 'em! Maybe they should SEE what its like to be a part of this and lets see if they REALLY want to be involved once they find out what its REALLY about. I can pretty much guarantee the answer will be 'No!'
illomen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eventually everything good gets popular. society's values change and things that were once shocking become commonplace. you can buy motorhead t shirts in target...ozzy had a reality tv show...i even saw a t shirt in wal mart for the band green day that had their name written in iron maiden font...

eventually, i am sad to say, i believe that bathory and darkthrone logos will be equally commonplace. that is of course no reflection on the music...just as ozzy's show in no way diminishes the value of his earlier work. thats just a natural progression.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was bound to happen sooner or later. If you don't like it, ignore it. It works fine for me and numerous others..I'm sure.

I agree with everyone who feels that this is bullshit, but what is our griping really going to do?
Pazuzu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.K.Blasphemer wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Who is this guy Chris Harris anyway? A good friend of mine sent me the MTV.com link on Monday after the fest and I don't recall seeing anyone who didn't "belong" there, but I did show up late on Saturday. I was very surprised to read that article considering the source.

It was some white kid with short blonde hair that was wearing shorts and skating shoes. He was taking notes and what not...

Huh, I don't remember seeing that guy. Of course, I wasn't paying attention to the male audience members.
"Order From Chaos, this band knows how to metal and they know how to satan and they most definitely know how to arghgh. It dosen't suck dick and thats why faggots don't like them. I have entered the stillbirth machine, I suggest you cum too."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: