P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

odium " the sad realm of stars"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamj74

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: odium " the sad realm of stars" Reply with quote

Finally this cd is going to be re.release, i really love this band.Hope the remaster dont fuck the original sound.

Finally, a reissue of ODIUM's "The Sad Realm of Stars" album is on its way.
Blood Music is incredibly excited to announce the very, very, very long-awaited re-release of Odium "The Sad Realm Of The Stars" on limited CD and vinyl. One of the best symphonic black metal albums in history. And *definitely* the best black metal album cover in history.

We are working in direct connection with Samoth (guitarist of Emperor), who originally released this record in 1998, and in conjunction with the band, which includes Sechtdaemon of Emperor, Zyklon, Myrkskog, 1349, and Dimmu Borgir.

The limited release will come in 2013 with a brand new audio overhaul/remaster and bonus material.
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best cover? I have to original NAP release and it looks horrible. The music is alright though.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the reissue. Does anyone know if the band is going to release a second album anytime soon?

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
zoltar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being friend with their session drummer, I had the chance to attend one of their rehearsal prior to the album being released and really loved it. I never understood though why this great album was so overlooked. Maybe it came out too late or something? And yes, its LIMBONIC ART-like type of cover didn't help I guess... Confused
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it was made by Morfeus actually.

Last edited by Frozen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
jamj74

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was made by Morpheus actually.

yes..read this:

Let's start by saying that the relationship with Limbonic Art is more than a musical similarity, because the author of the cover is neither more nor less than Morfeus
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would hope they don't remaster it. I suggest they demaster it instead! Yeah, the sound on that album could have been better. I mean worse. I mean worse in a good way. It kind of made no justice to the music. Which was nice. Not great, but you know how it is.

The drums at least sound better in this rough mix, assuming it's real.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYPLPjrosI4

The guitars are still a haze though, but I guess it's just one of those albums...
Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obviously not as good as some people would like it to be.
gasskammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember this as beeing a quite boring album, with possibly the most annoying cover ever.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: odium " the sad realm of stars" Reply with quote

jamj74 wrote:

Finally, a reissue of ODIUM's "The Sad Realm of Stars" album is on its way.
Blood Music is incredibly excited to announce the very, very, very long-awaited re-release of Odium "The Sad Realm Of The Stars" on limited CD and vinyl. One of the best symphonic black metal albums in history. And *definitely* the best black metal album cover in history.

We are working in direct connection with Samoth (guitarist of Emperor), who originally released this record in 1998, and in conjunction with the band, which includes Sechtdaemon of Emperor, Zyklon, Myrkskog, 1349, and Dimmu Borgir.

Well, sometimes I do wonder where you can learn to write such amazing advertising texts. Is there a class for Black Metal-related marketing and promotion, anywhere? At some university in Oslo or Bergen, perhaps? Rolling Eyes

@topic: A good album with awful artwork (as far as I remember) but surely nothing that has been missed sorely... I should rather re-issue the album of German Mjölnir, because that record is one of the best symphonic Black Metal-albums ever, does have an awesome cover artwork for sure, and is sought after by quite a few people indeed, as a matter of fact. Wink
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please release Mjölnir on LP. That would be highly appreciated!!!!
Blood Music

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote the text and I stand by it. Cool

We're re-releasing it.

It's been remastered by the band, it was their choice, and we were totally hands-off on it. Think it sounds really great now, as did the original.

Yeah, Morfeus of Limbonic Art drew the original cover.

Thanks for the push.

As far as I know, the band has no plans to do another album. Think this record was really overlooked considering everything that came out and blew up around it.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Samomor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it include any bonus material (that internet single for example) or other extras within the booklet?
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: odium " the sad realm of stars" Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:

@topic: A good album with awful artwork (as far as I remember) but surely nothing that has been missed sorely... I should rather re-issue the album of German Mjölnir, because that record is one of the best symphonic Black Metal-albums ever, does have an awesome cover artwork for sure, and is sought after by quite a few people indeed, as a matter of fact. Wink

Never heard this before, but I really like this insane idiosyncratic approach, even if the drum machine is a little obnoxious at times. If anyone has a copy for sale, please PM.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album! I'm glad a label like Blood Music is handling the reissue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: