P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Overrated or Underrated?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haagenti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Overrated or Underrated? Reply with quote

I wonder which bands are overrated or underrated for you?

For me Ofermod is ultra mega overrated band. Also Krieg to.

But Holocaustia, patecabra or occidens are underrated bands for me. these bands are very good. what are your oppinions??
brown growth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofermod isn't even that good. I also don't see what the hype is about.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be all these orthodox trend around (at least in Chile SURELY is a trend, I don't know how about other countries). Everyone is going fucking nuts about this kind of music. It happenned to me with Glorior Belli's "O Laudate Dominus". Everyone saying it was great, one of the best Black Metal releases in history. I bought it and got deeply disappointed. Same has happened to me with Watain, Ofermod and the likes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated or Underrated? Reply with quote

Haagenti wrote:
Also Krieg to.

Krieg aren't overrated, nobody gives jackshit about this horrible band. Some seriously horrid bands people seem to be drooling for would be:

-Katharsis (stupid darkthrone clone, germans please stick to your sauerkraut thrash crap, will ya)
-Satanic Crapmaster (seriously, how can anyone in his right state of mind listen to this pitiful excuse for a band)
-Warloghe (perhaps not utter scheisse but certainly not deserving hype either)
-Judas Iscariot (10 releases out there and not a single decent riff, must be a world record)
-Clandestine Blaze (no shit this must be the biggest joke in the history of Metal)
-the whole Sombre Recs catalogue and 90% of those Northern Heritage releases
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some orthodox black bands are rather good and i support the ideology...but maynbe of them are to much praised.

For me also many of Norwegian bands are to much praised
Crucifixion Vomit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated or Underrated? Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Haagenti wrote:
Also Krieg to.

Krieg aren't overrated, nobody gives jackshit about this horrible band. Some seriously horrid bands people seem to be drooling for would be:

-Katharsis (stupid darkthrone clone, germans please stick to your sauerkraut thrash crap, will ya)
-Satanic Crapmaster (seriously, how can anyone in his right state of mind listen to this pitiful excuse for a band)
-Judas Iscariot (10 releases out there and not a single decent riff, must be a world record)
-Clandestine Blaze (no shit this must be the biggest joke in the history of Metal)

I agree, but with Katharsis you're wrong Surprised
R_R_BASTARD_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVERRATED: ABORYM (shitty pseudo black metal for EBM-norse core losers)

UNDERRATED: FALLEN CHRIST ( chaotic death metal masters)

"....ONE BY ONE...WE'LL TAKE YOU...."
Mitch339

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Satanic Warmaster are pretty good.. A band that is overrated in my opinion would be Nachtmystium (still not garbage...but I don't believe it's worth the hype surrounding it)
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated or Underrated? Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Haagenti wrote:
Also Krieg to.

Ha-ha, for me this list is funny as I like most of the bands!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current underrated bands:

Wolfhetan: (heavy German epic black metal in the vein of Aeternus, Ulver etc... Released their KILLER debut album "Entruckung" last year, but unfortunately it was badly promoted and is still very obscure outside [and inside] of Germany.)

Anael: (Occult dark metal from Germany. "On wings of mercury" annihilates just about anything coming out these days, but alas, it's been mostly ignored by the scene.)

I won't waste my time talking about the overrated bands, but most of those mentioned in this thread already are dead on.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated:
Peste Noire- don't get the hype around them.
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Overrated or Underrated? Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:

Satanic Warmaster's earlier stuff isn't bad (Strength and Honour and Black Katharsis)

The only reason Katharsis is hyped is because they are associated with NOEVDIA/EAL and all those "orthodox" bands. Personally I think Katharsis is one of the best bands out there.

I don't think Nachtmystium is overrated, I just think their sound now caters to a wider range of metalheads which is why they are praised.

You guys might not like that kind of shit but I bet ya those fans don't dig all this Pseudo-retro bullshit that you guys listen to.
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music is totally subjective, but some shit is just inexplicably overrated.

I could not agree more about Nachtmystium. Some other stuff that is horribly overrated: Striborg (ugh.. come on) and Xasthur. I find a lot of people instantly get hard over most anything Southern Lord puts out these days. Most of it is really forgettable. I guess that's just a trend/taste thing.

More importantly, some underrated bands:

STONE (Finland) -- Some of the most creative, pummeling and weird thrash from the late 80's/early 90's. Pretty polished at times but way beyond most other shit at the time.

KORPSE (Scotland) -- Fucking incredible band! Sounds like Autopsy on an acid trip. Reifert was going to record with this band for an album but it never happened. I highly recommend their 'MIRROR DISTANCE' demos compendium disc.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone is a weird one- obvioulsy well known in Finland, but passed a lot of people elswhere by- even with the albums rereleased and a member in Children Of Bodom they're still largely forgotton.
Sadomizer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wilhelm"]Current underrated bands:

Anael: (Occult dark metal from Germany. "On wings of mercury" annihilates just about anything coming out these days, but alas, it's been mostly ignored by the scene.)

I have just bought their split vinyl with canadian Lust and I agree it's a very good band but I'm not sure to consider it underrated beacause all the reviews I read about it are always good...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: