P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hellhammer demos to be officially released
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Hellhammer demos to be officially released Reply with quote

There exist countless HELLHAMMER demo bootlegs, but they all utterly fail to capture the true aura, to represent the band as it actually was. They have been compiled from dismal multi-generation copies of the original tapes, and they are invariably riddled with factual and historical errors or outright lies. Former HELLHAMMER members Tom Gabriel Fischer, Martin Eric Ain, and Steve Warrior have decided to rectify this situation once and for all. "Demon Entrails" is the first official release of the legendary HELLHAMMER demos "Death Fiend"/"Triumph of Death" and "Satanic Rites" since the original limited cassette editions in 1983.

This release has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Tom Gabriel Fischer, and the demos now represent HELLHAMMER exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983. Drawing from a wealth of previously unknown historical material and artwork as well as hundreds of unreleased HELLHAMMER photos from 1982 to 1984, "Demon Entrails" will also feature all lyrics and essays detailing the individual demo recording sessions.

"Demon Entrails" will be released as an opulent oversized double CD and as a gatefold triple vinyl album. Both versions will feature a lavish booklet and a poster. There will also be a third, bare-bones low-price CD version, designed to cater to markets which will not carry the standard CD due to its irregular size.

The release is scheduled for February 2008, through Prowling Death Records/Century Media.

From the forthcoming book "Only Death is Real - An Illustrated History of Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost", by Tom Gabriel Fischer:

"HELLHAMMER was much maligned, both during its existence and for years afterwards. It was maligned not only by much of the press and most of the metal audience, but also by me and several other former band members. It was, for a long time, difficult for most of us to come to terms with HELLHAMMER's often chaotic and radically varied legacy. Moreover, it was frequently very challenging to come to terms with how others interpreted HELLHAMMER and how they referred to and expanded upon what we had once created.

"It took years for the accumulated unease to subside. It took years to disassociate ourselves from the perceived stigma, and to be able to properly evaluate HELLHAMMER within our own, very personal context. What many others knew long before me took quite a while for me to identify: that it was perfectly fair and overdue that we looked at HELLHAMMER realistically and in a manner sufficiently dignified to do justice to the work of a number of very unique people who shared the same vision at a very unique point in time."
killusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i would hate when bands do this,, but im a sucker for hellhamer and ill definitely get this.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. I hope they don't fuck it up with ugly photoshop "artwork."

Web: nwnprod.com

Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great news!!!! Surely will buy both versions!!!
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great... cant await both the book and Cd. "Triumph of Death" demo is awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally
and indeed, hope they dont fuck up the art/design, but I fear the worst aaaaaahh
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by calling the stuff Demon Entrails, I hope for at least one unreleased Hellhammer song (of the same title) to be included...

and yes, I will buy both versions too...
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old ad from Kerrang from June 1983... this must be before "Death Fiend" demo, right?
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea. Let's bring up some apeshit rare Hellhammer photos:

deathster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own any original Hellhammer photos...but these should be quite rare
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep those photos coming.

Web: nwnprod.com

deathster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite many pix... hard to gather all and make selection...no sense to put "Apocalyptic Raids" backcover and insert pix, right?

PS: In Germany one guy called Tobi is the greatest Hellhammer fan I know (besides Warhammer guys and Peter Ott Smile ) who has unbelievably rare HH stuff (pix , newsletters etc)
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some I have uploaded and haven't seen before

I have nearly 100 pages of hellhammer material, bit too much too upload all but i'll make some pics tonight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellhammer stuff from times when they existed...no retro articles nor interviews.

Hellhammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: