P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Enslaved Vikingligr Veldi LP Boot
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Enslaved Vikingligr Veldi LP Boot Reply with quote

Is someone going to stock this in the US/Canada ?
This is one boot I want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enslaved-Vikinglir-Veldi-LP-/251212537520?pt=NL_Muziek_Vinyl&hash=item3a7d6f1eb0
plague

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if this is from the same source as other recent boots like ulver, wongraven, borknagar, etc... if so, the chance seems likely
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this plague ever stop?

Does osmose have the right of that album? Or is it still Voice of wonder? Would like to see an official reissue, it's their best material along with the MLP...
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous album
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised if this doesn't irritate the band enough to make an official edition finally.

"You can't hide the hook!"
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the situation is that Voices of Wonder has the right and the members of Enslaved would rather die then let them make any more money off of it.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
Will this plague ever stop?

Hahaha, there's a bitter irony in this question considering your reaction when the prices for those Satyricon and Ulver bootlegs skyrocketed on eBay.

Zombie Dance wrote:
ordering this one and the Ulver bergatatt when it was available was probably the best financial move of my life.

I mean, this is in no way addressed to you personally, but there's a simple truth in what you said even if you should have said it with a twinkle in your eye as "this plague" is probably never gonna stop as long as there's a hefty profit margin in resale for already overpriced half-assed bootlegs which naturally attracts record flippers now in addition to the common target customers who have to own a particular release on vinyl just for the illusion of the format, no matter that, and sorry for quoting you about the "Bergtatt" bootleg once more, the "Sound is below average". So why should bootleggers stop when it's so damn convenient to make a quick buck?

I want to quote Ted in regards to the possibility, well, or better impossibilty of seeing an official vinyl release of "Vikingligr Veldir" as he shed some light upon the situation some time ago. Huh, or some label just doesn't care about whether the band is on board or not, and makes a legally official yet somewhat fishy vinyl release anyway.

darksymphonies wrote:
I contacted VOW about doing Enslaved a while back and they agreed to the license. I was inches away from doing it and I could have done it since VOW owns the rights. I contacted Grutle from Enslaved about contributing liner notes/ photos etc, they wanted no part of it as apparently there is bad blood between them and VOW, so I declined doing it. We don't release anything unless the band is 100% behind it.

Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep indeed i'm on the "jew" side of the story (though i never sell stuff on ebay and statement was more like a joke, i actually kept those for trade). My upper post was more about the quantity of those, ok i know nothing about vinyl pressing but doesn't this cost a lot of money to send that much lp to press at the same time? I know they can make big profits on those but still that seems like a very big capital. my surprised was about the list of these bootleg growing everyday.

Too bad the official reissue won't come out in a near future (not from Ted in this case...)
Iscariah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was strange when I spoke to Grutle and asked about it he said they have the rights probably but he didnt seem overly excited about putting it out though. Strange.

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariah wrote:
It was strange when I spoke to Grutle and asked about it he said they have the rights probably but he didnt seem overly excited about putting it out though. Strange.

Couldn't have anything to do with how HUGE thier over all sound and style has changed could it? Cool

What Enslaved is doing today, and where they are going with it probably is far more important and interesting to the band then some demo back when they were all 17. ...just saying is all. Wink
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
What Enslaved is doing today, and where they are going with it probably is far more important and interesting to the band then some demo back when they were all 17. ...just saying is all.

Maybe. But the band certainly has some personal issues with the album and it's rights. If it would be like you said, then why the Yggdrasil demo got reissued on LP by Peaceville?

"You can't hide the hook!"
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
What Enslaved is doing today, and where they are going with it probably is far more important and interesting to the band then some demo back when they were all 17. ...just saying is all.

Maybe. But the band certainly has some personal issues with the album and it's rights. If it would be like you said, then why the Yggdrasil demo got reissued on LP by Peaceville?

+ the reissues on Blut & Eisen (Yggdrasil & Hordanes Land)
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying they don't care about thier past anyone, and certainly bad blood would taint the deal of course.

Those other reissues could possibly have had little to do with the bands input though, they just are labels on good terms with the band so it went ahead requiring little work from the band.

I don't know, I'm no expert on this stuff. All I know is in my opinion new Enslaved is fucking EPIC and awesome, and completely destroys the early angry stuff. Laughing
multicide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Immortal's DBF at a record store recently, boot of course. They wanted nearly $30 for it which is fucking ridiculous.

Is the gold cover recent reissue hard to find nowadays?
Weltbrand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multicide wrote:

Is the gold cover recent reissue hard to find nowadays?

Nope.

Anyone paying good money for these things is a formaldehyde preserved moron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: