P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paypal dispute query
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Paypal dispute query Reply with quote

I've never had a dispute before so have a query. I sold a shirt on ebay and sent it on 27/12 to Italy. The clown who purchased it sent me a message around 15 days after it was sent complaining he hadn't received it. It was sent registered mail and I have emailed him the postage receipt and registered mail receipt. Despite this, he has filed a claim on the basis he hasn't received it (notwithstanding it's really just over 3 weeks since it was sold). My query is, should I just escalate the claim to Paypal for review at which time I imagine I will provide a copy of the aforementioned receipts to Paypal?
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't track the parcel online than don't escalate to a claim because you will loose it.

Registered mail means nothing to paypal, even if you get delivery confirmation. All they accept is online tracing.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying the system is either send it with tracking or rely on a purchaser's honesty?
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my expericence, it has abeen about who has made the non-payment or non-recepit of goods first who has a preference.
I would recommend this:

A) Call paypal over the phone, do not rely on email traffic with them.
B) place a ban on the indvidual who bought the item from you through Ebay- in my auctions, I always put a disclaimer of what places I do not ship to (Africa, Middle East, wherever, it does help to weed out shitty bidders).
C) as a means to track international parcels, I have found this site to be helpful:
http://www.packagetrackr.com/
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Are you saying the system is either send it with tracking or rely on a purchaser's honesty?

Exactly!
The seller always gets fucked when it comes to PayPal claims.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't escalate unless you have proof of delivery. I just lost one to a guy in Taiwan named Sebastian Ho. He bought a shirt Dec 15 and it was shipped same day. Less than three weeks later he files a dispute because he didn't get his item in three weeks over Xmas. He stopped responding to the messages after I gave him the customs number. Then a week later he says if he doesn't get it he will escalate it and it had been a bad experience. You know, ordering online and having it ship same day is terrible.

Anyway, I wasn't going to have the dickhead hold me hostage so I escalated it. I provided the shipping info including electronic shipping info. Paypal sided with this asshole because I don't have proof of delivery.

If your ticket shows it was signed for you shouldn't have any issues.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll let it run its course. I haven't sold on ebay for a long time and something like this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to continue doing so.
samsquanch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load of shit, I sent ONE cassette to Italy to a user on here and the options for Auspost were-

Express Post International $78.80
The only way to actually track the parcel

Registered Post International $23.20
Although you have proof of shipment and recipient signs for item, I guess this would not satisfy Paypal as proof

Air Mail $17.20
No proof of delivery/shipment

Sea Mail $10.20

So to cover my arse and have the documentation to win a paypal dispute, I would have had to charge almost $80 to send a single cassette tape. Insane.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Well I'll let it run its course. I haven't sold on ebay for a long time and something like this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to continue doing so.

I know exactly how you feel. I have never in my life ripped anyone off but lately I'm thinking of doing it on eBay just to prove to the assholes (eBay employees) how easy it really is. I've talked to them numerous times over the phone and each time it was frustrating and useless. Recently I received 3 parcels, each item purchased through eBay, non-registered. I could easily file item not received claim and get my money back. Then call eBay and talk to them about those transactions. Obviously I wouldn't bluntly admit to receiving the items or I could be charged with fraud but in some way let them know that this is what happened to me so many times and they didn't give a shit. Now the prey became the hunter. I'm sure they would know that I played the system but I don't think it would do anything. And I would feel bad for the honest sellers that I dealt with.

I'm thinking about starting a site with names and personal info of well known rip-offs on eBay. Perhaps I would be able to get phone numbers and pictures as well.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't even leave feedback for dishonest purchasers eh?
bitewerks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if Paypal could specifically say "You need to ship by THIS METHOD" then we could always use that method. It'd make it all so much easier but more expensive for the buyer.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with buyers not receiving their merch. I've only had one dispute that I had to do a refund.
thus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe that paypal always sides with buyers. I've only ever filed one claim as a buyer and I lost it. The seller claimed to have just committed suicide (writing as his girlfriend who was grieving). Then he popped back to life after winning the dispute, of course. True story, though don't expect expect it to work more than, say, twice!!
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitewerks wrote:
It would be nice if Paypal could specifically say "You need to ship by THIS METHOD" then we could always use that method. It'd make it all so much easier but more expensive for the buyer.

I print 99% of shipping labels through PayPal and believe me I have used this argument and it didn't work. I told the person on the phone that I used one of the shipping methods that PayPal offers on their website. And I asked how come they offer shipping methods without a tracking number?

They always work around the question, never answering it. It's always: "Sir. You need prove that the item was delivered."

I would ask the same question over and over again: Why do you offer shipping methods without a tracking number on your website? And the answer is always the same: "Sir. You need prove that the item was delivered."

Imagine how fucking angry you get when that's the only answer they give you. They are trained on how to answer your questions and you will get nowhere by talking to them. They will never admit that they are at fault.
samsquanch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that a disclaimer of 'items shipped unregistered/ tracked' are at the buyers risk with no refunds provided holds absolutely zero weight when arguing a claim with paypal/ebay?

Totally retarded that shipping Registered (which in turn provides PROOF the item has shipped by the postal service) is of no use in the argument.....
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thousands of people have had the same problem when dealing with PayPal. There's lots of websites out there, just google it. Many people started recording the phone conversations with PayPal staff and post them on their websites. You can also find many phone calls posted on youtube.

Once again, PayPal doesn't give a fuck what you do. They're not even regulated by the government. If I get paid let's say $200 in U.S. funds and want to transfer that money into my Canadian account the exchange rate will be let's say $0.90 on the dollar. So for $200 U.S. I will get $180 Canadian.

When I print a shipping label (and I just finished printing 4 of them about 10 minutes ago) and shipping is $12.50 Canadian and I pay with the money in my PayPal account their exchange rate for $12.50 Canadian is $14.68 U.S. but it should be $11.25 if the exchange rate is $0.90.

As you can see they set their own exchange rate as it pleases them. The reason why you can't win with them is because PayPal is not regulated by the government.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: