P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paypal dispute query
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
I would ask the same question over and over again: Why do you offer shipping methods without a tracking number on your website? And the answer is always the same: "Sir. You need prove that the item was delivered."

Imagine how fucking angry you get when that's the only answer they give you. They are trained on how to answer your questions and you will get nowhere by talking to them. They will never admit that they are at fault.

That's because 'they' are not at fault. 'They' are just low-paid wagers having to hear the same complaints every day, probably get insulted a time or two a day while at it too.
The people who you should be angry at, the people who write the policies, are the ones behind the front that you will never get on the phone. Corporate reality.

Quote:
As you can see they set their own exchange rate as it pleases them.

Banks/financial institutions always use a different buy/sell rate when dealing with currency. I don't know where paypal's rates are compared to the banks but I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of legal limit in between which they have to wiggle.

All in all I'm not trying to defend paypal. I hate that company with a passion and have had my fair share of bad encounters with them. But as long as everybody insists on using it, not a lot will change. You can only hurt these companies in their wallets. But that doesn't happen, because paypal has the quasi monopoly on online payments.
MoshItUp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes you gotta resist the temptation of getting maximum dollars and try only to ship to the US only. this way you can get signature confirmation on everything you send. overseas shipping is trouble because of situations like this and the dishonest take advantage of it.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Russian asshole on eBay attempting similar action that I had previously posted about in the RIPOFF thread (sn: "ahriman218") in which PayPal sided with me over the issue (my 100% feedback score, 5-figure spending via PayPal, proof of shipping the item via photos of the item being placed in the package, then photos of it being scanned at the post office, etc.), he recently sent me a message saying "why am I banned from bidding on your shirt auctions?", to which I said, "are you stupid?"

There needs to be consequences for this type of faggot activity.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scum.
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Germans: is sending registered plus return answer postcard (postal guy asks the receiver to sign the postcard when he hands over the parcel and then he sends the postcard back to my address) enough for PayPal as a prove for the seller?

For German law this method is at least sufficient when sending a resign letter to his company (proven multiple times in front of the court, where this postcard is the single prove that the resign-paper arrived in time at ones company).
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normaly just registered is enought, but depends from claim to claim i fear

Wir akzeptieren ebenfalls das Einschreiben der Deutschen Post als gültigen Versandnachweis. In diesem Fall müssen das Einlieferungsdatum und der Name des Empfängers aus dem Versandnachweis hervorgehen.

[url=www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=T9M4Q91fcS6bfJQcCWYwHcK0hv3pLvfJZRzYYQ5v31MyDj9RJpmM!-1374132280?locale=de_DE&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=DE&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9002&t=solutionTab&ft=browseTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=1101216&isSrch=Yes]klick mich[/url]
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, some idiot opened a Paypal dispute over me. He bought a record from me through Discogs and after waiting for his payment for 4 weeks (I have a 5-day payment policy, hah), I told him I was cancelling the sale for non-payment and leaving him negative feedback, which I did (and surprisingly, a few days later, I noticed plenty of people started leaving negative feedback to him for the same reason as I did.) I put the record back on sale and sold it 2 weeks later. A week after that, I received an email from Paypal saying some dispute had been opened over me by this moron for not sending him something. Turns out he used the old Discogs invoice to pay me after I actually sold the record and I didn't get any notification (only one on the email address I only use for Paypal and which I check once a week.) He was complaining he didn't get his record less than a week after ordering it (since when does overseas shipping takes less than a week anyway?) and that I should refund him. As he started to become agressive, I refunded his money and then emailed Discogs about it all, who in return banned him from the website.
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoshItUp wrote:
sometimes you gotta resist the temptation of getting maximum dollars and try only to ship to the US only. this way you can get signature confirmation on everything you send. overseas shipping is trouble because of situations like this and the dishonest take advantage of it.

This.

After so many horror stories and getting hcaked through Paypal from, SURPRISE, Greece a year ago I opted to only sell to U.S. buyers after that, and believe me I took a hit on what I would have normally gotten. Then you get scumbags like that Shay cocksucker roaming around and you really get spooked.

Paypal gives not one solitary shit about you; they protect the buyer AT ALL COSTS.

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly glad I never sell anything.

I've had to dispute a deal made on Ebay once, with a greek - who are well known for excellency in handling finances - and he actually gave me a full refund right away without any interference from Paypal. I suppose he never sent me anything in the first place and didn't respond to any of my queries either. Nice going anyway.

The second time was on Discogs with a zero seller. Never got my stuff, even after she said she'd mail it out right away with bonuses and all. Made a dispute on Paypal, escalated it to a claim and got my money back a while later, more than likely because she failed to reply to Paypal's inquiries. Smooth sailing again there... and I was once again a happy customer.

Thanks, Paypal!
But I do miss sending out money in envelopes...
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thus wrote:
Don't believe that paypal always sides with buyers. I've only ever filed one claim as a buyer and I lost it. The seller claimed to have just committed suicide (writing as his girlfriend who was grieving). Then he popped back to life after winning the dispute, of course. True story, though don't expect expect it to work more than, say, twice!!

Manny?
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unsure with this with regards PayPal claims. I have returned an item fairly recently to the Netherlands from the UK, just standard registered mail. The type with a tracking number but is only signed for at the door and not fully tracked. As soon as it got received by the seller, they refunded me before the seller even knew about it.

However, shipping inside your own country doesn't always work either. I had a guy only 30 minutes away steal a CD from me claiming he hadn't signed for it and no one else at his address had. PayPal sided with him even thought I had proof of DELIVERY, so be careful what you do. If a buyer makes any sort of claim that makes the delivery have any seed of doubt, they again will side with the buyer.

Easier to only accept direct bank transfers and save the hassle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: