P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Devil's Blood is no more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: er Reply with quote

xxx wrote:
With HERETIC we did a small tribute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QMR2zPn3mo&feature=youtu.be

That rules! It sounds like O Death on dirty speed.

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling a heavy wave of nostalgia tonight with these guys.

Definitely glad I was able to catch them in the states, even if it was only a three song set and the venue was awful.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great band and put on a great wicked show the one time I was able to catch them play live.

Their last album however really didn't impress me as much as I had hoped. I guess it sort of has an unfinished feel to it over all... or tried to shift into longer more spiritual compositions instead of short catchy rock songs like what seemed to me to be the majority of the previous albums success.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last "album", being some kind of collection of demos and unfinished material, sounded pretty much like a bunch of demos and unfinished material. Or a care free full-length jam session. Very loose and generally uninteresting because of that. Everything before the last one was more or less great, no?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
The last "album", being some kind of collection of demos and unfinished material, sounded pretty much like a bunch of demos and unfinished material. Or a care free full-length jam session. Very loose and generally uninteresting because of that. Everything before the last one was more or less great, no?

Yes! Everything prior was absolutely great.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the last one was definitely different than the previous material, however White Storm of Teeth is one of my favorite songs from them. Pure magic.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mother fucking flood gate of these 'occult rock' styled bands sure came out over the last couple years though, holy crap... impossible to keep up to them all, and to be honest have worn down on ones nerves to some degree even perhaps.

Out of them all though I would have to claim that The Devil's Blood is my favorite by far.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
A mother fucking flood gate of these 'occult rock' styled bands sure came out over the last couple years though, holy crap... impossible to keep up to them all, and to be honest have worn down on ones nerves to some degree even perhaps.

Out of them all though I would have to claim that The Devil's Blood is my favorite by far.

I agree 100 percent. TDB was truly a unique band with some great chops.
Crasse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite bands ever. Saw them at Hellfest 2012, it was a really good experience.
The last album was a bit disappointing but still listenable.
BurdenEradication

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Yeah the last one was definitely different than the previous material, however White Storm of Teeth is one of my favorite songs from them. Pure magic.

THIS, plus Lullaby of the Burning Boy. Those are the highlights of the last album they made. It definitely did have the unfinished sound as it was indeed unfinished, but a cool release nonetheless, and glad it got put out instead of hiding away in a basement somewhere.

I as well caught this band on that Behemoth/Watain/In Solitude tour through North America. Spellbinding set, and I was fortunate enough to meet the lovely Farida after the show.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurdenEradication wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

THIS, plus Lullaby of the Burning Boy. Those are the highlights of the last album they made. It definitely did have the unfinished sound as it was indeed unfinished, but a cool release nonetheless, and glad it got put out instead of hiding away in a basement somewhere.

I as well caught this band on that Behemoth/Watain/In Solitude tour through North America. Spellbinding set, and I was fortunate enough to meet the lovely Farida after the show.

Very nice, I met Selim a couple of times. Once on the Watain tour in 2010 then again on that Behemoth tour. Seemed like a very nice and humble guy, I remember him telling me that he was working on material outside of the Devil's blood, I can only guess he was referring to the songs that would later become Selim Lemouchi and his Enemies.
BurdenEradication

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
BurdenEradication wrote:
Ragingwinter wrote:

Very nice, I met Selim a couple of times. Once on the Watain tour in 2010 then again on that Behemoth tour. Seemed like a very nice and humble guy, I remember him telling me that he was working on material outside of the Devil's blood, I can only guess he was referring to the songs that would later become Selim Lemouchi and his Enemies.

I'd imagine so! As he is dead now there is no way to know for sure. I definitely do not feel this music to be "hippie shit" whatsoever as I read in some of the earlier pages of this thread. I respected very much what they did, and I feel that they brought a very ethereal and true "psychedelic" feel to their music. Genuine and dark. I was jamming to the vinyl demo today!

Last time I tried LSD, I listened the first bit of The Thousandfold Epicentre, and I will say I did not regret that decision one bit..
RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indifferent about em until i saw them rip Voodoo Dust live. Them solos. Sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: