P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drowning the Light - Varcolaci Rising
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da666

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Drowning the Light - Varcolaci Rising Reply with quote

Drowning the Light - "Varcolaci Rising"

"Drowning the Light return from the shadows with "Varcolaci Rising"! Originally meant to be to a MCD/EP to be written and recorded during the lunar cycle - from the new moon of the 26th of April to the new moon on the 26th of May, inspiration struck in isolation and darkness and soon this vampyric offering evolved and bled out into a full length album.
Focusing on lycanthropy and vampyrism, and in particular the Varcolaci, a reoccurring creature which has had hymns sung in its name since the very first Drowning the Light album ("Drowned").
The Varcolaci are shape shifting vampyres associated with the astral plane, and able to assume many forms. In folklore the Varcolaci was believed to be responsible for eclipses or the blood moon, drinking the blood and essence of the sun and moon, often described as small wolf-like dragons, winged phantoms, dogs (2 in number), or creatures with many mouths or tendrils that suck like an octopuses tentacles.
The cosmic vampyre Varcolaci is said to be a result of a woman spinning thread in the dark or under moonlight, as this thread becomes a bridge for the Varcolaci to wander through the portals of the cosmos, as long as the thread does not break the Varcolaci has power, and can attack the heavenly bodies, drinking from the moon. In modern vampyric magick, the Varcolaci assume astral form to gain the essence and energy from sleeping victims.
"Varcolaci Rising" is comprised of 8 tracks of dark, melancholic and soaring Vampyric Black Metal.
Drink in the night air, bask in the lunar rays, and revel in the coming darkness..."

ALBUM STREAMING IN FULL HERE: https://drowningthelight.bandcamp.com/album/varcolaci-rising

Also can be heard in full on youtube: https://youtu.be/7QVlX1EsLWU

Pre-order HERE: http://darkadversary.bigcartel.com/

Special edition 1: This Special edition includes a metal pin of the Drowning the Light "serpent & the scythe" sigil pin + the "Vampyre Cipher" print out to solve. This special edition is limited to 80 copies.

Special edition 2: This Special edition comes with the "Vampyre Cipher" print out to solve. This special edition is limited to 100 copies.

Information on the cipher: The "Vampyre Cipher" is a cryptogram puzzle, created with symbols replacing letters, and when all symbols are substituted for the correct letters it will reveal a message.
The first 10 people to solve this will be rewarded with a limited release, just like those who solved "The Riddle of 6" that came with "From the Abyss" were rewarded with a tape.
This will be the only way to get the release, and it is a reward for people using their minds rather than their wallets.
It's something which i hope will make people look a bit deeper into symbology, meanings, hidden meanings etc. and actually stimulate the brain.
The rules of the cryptogram will be included, those who break the rules will not be able to win the prize.

Last edited by da666 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
thetruekvasirsblood

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total support!!!! A return to a more raw sound is excellent, though the up in production value on From the Abyss was really cool too!!!!

Hypgnosis Rex | SATANIC WARMASTER, SARGEIST, OOTDH [9/14]
snakenuts

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful!
Bones

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hijack the thread but I've been wanting to get into DtL for a while but they're so prolific I have no idea where to start. Could someone recommend me 2 or 3 of their full lengths to get me started?
thetruekvasirsblood

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones wrote:
Not to hijack the thread but I've been wanting to get into DtL for a while but they're so prolific I have no idea where to start. Could someone recommend me 2 or 3 of their full lengths to get me started?

Of Celtic Blood & Satanic Pride
Catacombs of Blood
A World Long Dead

Three albums that I think represent the different varieties of BM the DtL discography has to offer

Hypgnosis Rex | SATANIC WARMASTER, SARGEIST, OOTDH [9/14]
mushroomleg

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catacombs of blood. Just listen to it three times in a row.
TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones wrote:

A Pact With Madness
A World Long Dead
An Alignment of Dead Stars
Blood of the Ancients
Blort

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!
Art looks stunning and the last full length was wonderful.

"Also those are flies around his balls," Nelson Mandela.
Eufonie

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good : )
da666

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished a Zodiac killeresque cipher to go with this release, whoever solves the cipher will of course win something, similar to "the riddle of 6" that came with "From the Abyss", rewarding people for using their brains rather than emptying their wallets.
More details closer to the release date.
TotalKhaos

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
I have finished a Zodiac killeresque cipher to go with this release, whoever solves the cipher will of course win something, similar to "the riddle of 6" that came with "From the Abyss", rewarding people for using their brains rather than emptying their wallets.

Can't wait!
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

How much $$$ for the answer so I can win 1st place? Twisted Evil

(also I do hope you continue in some manner that Abyss soundscape style further in regards to how fucking awesome that album was)
da666

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

(also I do hope you continue in some manner that Abyss soundscape style further in regards to how fucking awesome that album was)

There are some similar moments I would say but at the same time a very different album, but it is hard for me to speak objectively on these things as sometimes something I think sounds very similar to something else - the audience will not hear it at all and vica versa haha.
It was created under completely different circumstances to "From the Abyss", as this album was very spontaneous and unexpected, although a similar amount of time was put into this as prior albums it was all compacted into sessions of 4-8 hour nights, almost every night, over 2 weeks (for the music without the vocals), and as said in the op was initially meant to be a mini album or ep but it just evolved.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

Well, I will certainly give it attention on release. Abyss was excellent. I see talent and it will certainly be within the new stuff too I am certain. Looking forward to it.
chunks

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you ever surfed Kiama Wedge?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: