P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

"make me an offer" bullshit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
I just looked at popsike.com, and I find it interesting the different prices ranges a record will sell for at different time. For example, Black Hole's "Land of Mystery" LP sold for $52 at one time and then close to $300 another.

That $52 might be mine, as I bought it in early 2004 for 35 Euros on ebay.de from an indie-rock seller, who had filed it under Alternative. I was the only bidder and got it with my one and only bid.

Perhaps. I don't think popsike.com reveals buyer and seller ID's. I did find the fact that a lot of the sellers with this LP were in the United States. Maybe it had good distribution here? I'd imagine most of the sellers being Italian.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
i think it comes down to is that these sellers really don't want to part w/their items. Otherwise they'd be on ebay w/a reserve price.

Bullshit. It comes down to the buyer "not having the nerves" or wanting
to have everything the "easy way". Record collectors are pretentious assholes and every coin has two sides.
we can agree to disagree. If I was going to purge my collection, I wouldn't play games on message boards. It all would go to ebay. I'm not going to sit here and read pms from people offering me $100 for My "Taste My German Steel" LP etc.
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:
i think it comes down to is that these sellers really don't want to part w/their items. Otherwise they'd be on ebay w/a reserve price.

to have everything the "easy way". Record collectors are pretentious assholes and every coin has two sides.
we can agree to disagree. If I was going to purge my collection, I wouldn't play games on message boards. It all would go to ebay. I'm not going to sit here and read pms about people offering me $100 for My "Taste My German Steel" LP etc.

So would I. Or consider selling it for fixed prices (e.g. the price I originally paid for the stuff that is considered rare) to the few people I knew to appreciate over time.
Ever asked yourself what's gonna happen with all your stuff when you're dead?

Edited for grammatical reasons.
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:
Evil Fifi wrote:

we can agree to disagree. If I was going to purge my collection, I wouldn't play games on message boards. It all would go to ebay. I'm not going to sit here and read pms about people offering me $100 for My "Taste My German Steel" LP etc.

So would I. Or consider selling it to the few people I knew to appreciate over time for fixed prices (e.g. the price I originally paid for the stuff
that is considered rare).
my son can sell what's left of it, or use it as frisbees for all i care Laughing
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:

my son can sell what's left of it, or use it as frisbees for all i care Laughing

Kinda had the same idea, though it would have to be my brother.
And he'd hate me for it - independently if he had to sell the stuff or use
it as frisbees. Afterdeath hate, so to speak.
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face Fate Records wrote:
Albin wrote:
It's humilliation , it's about feeling the power you have on somebody

Rolling Eyes

It's about getting the right price for something! Nothing else ... why should I accept to sell a true gemm for a ridiculous price? Just to avoid giving you the impression I've power on you? Come on, that's pure cheap Jewish reasoning!

excuse me but I don't see the link with JEWISH REASONING . hahahhaha
please don't turn this forum like FMP . that was just my opinion , that's all .

if you know the right price for your gemm , to quote you , just say the price and not : make an offer . as simple as that
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:
Albin wrote:

...It's humilliation , it's about feeling the power you have on somebody

Ok, I'm really off topic here but this made me smile a wee bit.
You don't really feel that way now, do you? Humiliation? power
you have over somebody? We are talking about records, right?

no that was just an image . strange how people can rzact with just one sentence . A sentence whish wasn't even important . It just bore me when somebody tell " No guy ... more , more ... or you don't have the records hahahaa " . of course nobody is forced to add $$$ , but the guy know you want the records absolutely ... and it gives them a kind of " power " yes .
enough with my post .
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:
Evil Fifi wrote:
Albin wrote:

...It's humilliation , it's about feeling the power you have on somebody

Ok, I'm really off topic here but this made me smile a wee bit.
You don't really feel that way now, do you? Humiliation? power
you have over somebody? We are talking about records, right?

no that was just an image . strange how people can rzact with just one sentence . A sentence whish wasn't even important . It just bore me when somebody tell " No guy ... more , more ... or you don't have the records hahahaa " . of course nobody is forced to add $$$ , but the guy know you want the records absolutely ... and it gives them a kind of " power " yes .
enough with my post .

Yes, yes. Didn't mean to hit on you or something. It just sounded funny
to my ears, that's all. And I know it is hard sometimes to write down one's thoughts
(especially if you have to write in a language that is not your mother tongue - like english for me).
In the "heat of the battle" misunderstandings happen and stuff, I guess you know the drill Cool

ps. my formatting always looks like shit...

ps. edited again for spelling erros *sigh*.
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely . No problems Cool
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'll make you an offer you can't refuuuuuuse" Laughing
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
"I'll make you an offer you can't refuuuuuuse" Laughing

Leave that to us Italians... Twisted Evil

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
tom245

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember seeing on FMP some user who asked people to make offers for items and people who made unsatisfactory offers were listed as "joke users" or something similar alongside his Bad traders list.

When I want to sell stuff I just put it on ebay. I just save stuff so I can try and trade for my wants.
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants a substantial sum for a collectible record and want offers they should at least go through the trouble of taking a photo or grading the condition on their list. How can I make a fair offer if I don't know if someone has wiped their ass with the LP on put cigarettes out on the vinyl?

Plenty of lists are obviously a guy's entire collection which he is trying to "trade up" into cooler and more valuable stuff. They have no intention of trading, they are just fishing for some magical score.

I trade what I don't want or what I have extra of for fun and to deal with cool people. When every trade through mail/forum becomes a used car sale what is the difference between that and ebay?
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes making an offer is a way to satisfy the customer. Not to add that someone I already know or trade with will get a better price than a "kvlt kid". That's one of the purposes of this "make an offer" thing...
And well, people can offer what they can afford. If it fits me and if I need cash fastly, I won't say no.
Or, let's say, if one gives a high price -even if one's ready to make a good bargain, like 30% or so-, then there will be people whining about high prices, etc.
And, seriously, with the eBay fees, it's often better to sell at a lower price directly. So both parties benefit of this, the seller because he has no fees to pay, and the buyer because he gets the record at a lower price.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I wrong in buying Burzum's Det... and Hvis... original Misanthropy LP presses for $42 each? Or even wrong when I bought Destroyer 666's Violence is the Prince of This World on LP for $25?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: