P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SIELUNVIHOLLINEN debut release...Finniah BM
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Humanity's Plague Prod.



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: SIELUNVIHOLLINEN debut release...Finniah BM Reply with quote

Humanity's Plague Prod. are honoured & proud to announce out latest conspiracy with Finland's SIELUNVIHOLLINEN. A melodic yet grim style of Finnish blackness, shrouded in obscurity. This will be an extra special release as not only is it SIELUNVIHOLLINEN's debut, it is Humanity's Plague Prod. debut as well…our first offering on a vinyl format. This will be a 12" limited pressing of 300 with an agreement between the two parties to NEVER be duplicated or replicated again. We are looking towards an April release…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frostjunkie



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 1534
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great band! Anyone that is even mildly into the Finnish BM style should check them out. I'll try to grab the vinyl for sure, a tape version of the split with Sarkrista would be nice too.

Also could someone explain how to pronounce the band name properly? Not an easy name to reccommend Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speerhead



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 1220

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD too? Or just wait for the shitty rips?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Unaerth



Joined: 17 Feb 2014
Posts: 129
Location: The Star Peninsula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
CD too?

This, hopefully? CD by you, or picked up by someone else?
I really dig this band, and definitely look forward to supporting any new material they put out. Unfortunately, vinyl will not be purchased (space/price/etc,etc).
Regardless, respect to you for working with such a solid band. I hope it goes well for you both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frostjunkie



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 1534
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering there was both a CD comp of the demos and CD only split this year it seems like something that should happen, but who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ias



Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 592

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
Great band! Anyone that is even mildly into the Finnish BM style should check them out. I'll try to grab the vinyl for sure, a tape version of the split with Sarkrista would be nice too.

Also could someone explain how to pronounce the band name properly? Not an easy name to reccommend Shocked


Sielu = soul sielun = soul's
Vihollinen = enemy

I guess Siel would be pronounced å bit like shield, but without the H.
Shield minus H minus D
Loon minus the one o might suggest the end of this word
SIE - LUN
Try and pronounce maybe first shield+loon but drop the h the d and the o from loom but retain the U sound from loon
Sielun = soul's

Vihollinen
Very hard double L in this.
The first VI is akin to English word WE, except the e or i is very short. Hol is pronounced like SOL but h. We holl'y
We holl'y nen but pronounce the nen like you would pronounce en in endorphin but start with an N.

Good luck!
_________________
CATHOLIC WITCHES ARRIVED IN A GROVE..
OUR BODY A SHRINE TO THE PAGAN OVERLORD..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valgrinder



Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 875
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ias wrote:
frostjunkie wrote:
Great band! Anyone that is even mildly into the Finnish BM style should check them out. I'll try to grab the vinyl for sure, a tape version of the split with Sarkrista would be nice too.

Also could someone explain how to pronounce the band name properly? Not an easy name to reccommend Shocked


Sielu = soul sielun = soul's
Vihollinen = enemy

I guess Siel would be pronounced å bit like shield, but without the H.
Shield minus H minus D
Loon minus the one o might suggest the end of this word
SIE - LUN
Try and pronounce maybe first shield+loon but drop the h the d and the o from loom but retain the U sound from loon
Sielun = soul's

Vihollinen
Very hard double L in this.
The first VI is akin to English word WE, except the e or i is very short. Hol is pronounced like SOL but h. We holl'y
We holl'y nen but pronounce the nen like you would pronounce en in endorphin but start with an N.

Good luck!


Also have to add that "Sielunvihollinen" doesent literally mean "enemy of souls" but its old finnish nickname for devil/satan
_________________
Mors fennico more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HateHammer



Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Location: FINLAND

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Valgrinder"]
ias wrote:
Also have to add that "Sielunvihollinen" doesent literally mean "enemy of souls" but its old finnish nickname for devil/satan


Indeed. I would translate Sielunvihollinen as "Soul nemesis" which like Valgrinder wrote is a Finnish term for the Devil who according to the Bible is the "enemy of the soul". Old Finnish term.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
frostjunkie



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 1534
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ias wrote:
frostjunkie wrote:
Great band! Anyone that is even mildly into the Finnish BM style should check them out. I'll try to grab the vinyl for sure, a tape version of the split with Sarkrista would be nice too.

Also could someone explain how to pronounce the band name properly? Not an easy name to reccommend Shocked


Sielu = soul sielun = soul's
Vihollinen = enemy

I guess Siel would be pronounced å bit like shield, but without the H.
Shield minus H minus D
Loon minus the one o might suggest the end of this word
SIE - LUN
Try and pronounce maybe first shield+loon but drop the h the d and the o from loom but retain the U sound from loon
Sielun = soul's

Vihollinen
Very hard double L in this.
The first VI is akin to English word WE, except the e or i is very short. Hol is pronounced like SOL but h. We holl'y
We holl'y nen but pronounce the nen like you would pronounce en in endorphin but start with an N.

Good luck!


Awesome, that helped a lot!(and cool to know the meaning too).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sielunvihollinen



Joined: 11 May 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos for the pronunciation lesson. We couldn't have explained it better ourselves!

Here are two preview tracks from the debut:
Oodi
Hautaruhtinas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3492
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sielunvihollinen wrote:
Kudos for the pronunciation lesson. We couldn't have explained it better ourselves!

Here are two preview tracks from the debut:
Oodi
Hautaruhtinas


Twisted Evil
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sielunvihollinen



Joined: 11 May 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another track from the debut:
Sodanjulistus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3492
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sielunvihollinen wrote:
Another track from the debut:
Sodanjulistus


Exclamation
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp: www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Behold Barbarity



Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 441
Location: Minnesota, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sielunvihollinen wrote:
Another track from the debut:
Sodanjulistus

Great track and song subject!
_________________
DISTRO/LABEL: http://beholdbarbarity.storenvy.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sielunvihollinen



Joined: 11 May 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Official Sielunvihollinen pins (35mm). 4 different. 2 euros each or three for 5 euros. Free shipping. Only limited amount available. Contact: sielunvihollinen@hotmail.com


Last edited by Sielunvihollinen on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group