P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Crust/punk thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
It's just something people should understand when getting into this genre.

Complete and utter bollocks. All that pointless genre taxonomy is good for bedroom punks raised on wikipedia but has little to do with the reality or history of the music.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
Warcrust wrote:
I know we already had one in the past but I couldn't find it. Anyway, what are your thoughts on it? Personally I have many fave bands from this genre.

Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade, Skit System and Tragedy are my tops but there are many excellent bands like Disfear (both old and new era), Warcollapse (Defy! is one of the heaviest records of all time), Driller Killer, Victims, Severed Head Of State, His Hero Is Gone etc.

And of course the godfathers of the genre like mighty Discharge, Amebix, Hellbastard or Axegrinder.

What are your faves?

Wolkpack, skit system, tragedy, disfear, and driller killer are all d-beat. and discharge has absolutly nothing to do with crust. But good fucking real crust (aside from a couple you mentioned, and the stenchcore the other guy mentioned) = antisect - out from the void EP, misery, first sacrilege album, effigy, axeweild, acrostix, a//solution, apocalypse, extinction of mankind, extrements of war, nausea, even the first bolt thrower album I think fits... personally I think stenchcore is the purest form of crust, it was the orinal style and what crust was originally labeled as. kinda like how before "oi!" Was called "Oi!" It was just labeled as street punk, only difference is "street punk" became it's own
seperate genre, newer bands that are lebeled as stenchcore just carry on with the old
Influnces of hellbastard, antisect, amebix, deviated instinct, etc. I'm not tryin to be all "dictionary" about it, cause that's what it probably sounds like. It's just something people should understand when getting into this genre. Stenchcore's where it's at! and a lot of crusties listen to d-beat, but d-beat is d-beat and crust is crust.

You're an autistic faggot.
Primitive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Primitive wrote:
It's just something people should understand when getting into this genre.

Complete and utter bollocks. All that pointless genre taxonomy is good for bedroom punks raised on wikipedia but has little to do with the reality or history of the music.

Ok.. you're right there's no difference between aus rotten, amebix, and anticimex... just just label it all as "crust" it'll make it easier for people like you. While we're at it let's just label anything with harsh vocals as "death metal".

[qoute="eightplague"]you're an autistic faggot[/qoute]

Yeah and I'm sure i'd get the same reaction saying there's a difference between bands like blasphemy and bands like darkthrone on a punk forum.

Last edited by Primitive on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike all the newer Victims, Disfear, Skitsystem, etc... usually Swedish "punk" stuff most metalheads are into. That's not hardcore/punk/crust, that's watered-down metal. Fuck Victims, listen to Dispense instead. Fuck Disfear, listen to Anti-Bofors instead. Add Bombanfall, Agoni and some Svart Parad to the list and there you have your share of BRUTAL svensk råPUNK.

Also, someone mentioned "Defy" by Warcollapse. I personnally like "Divine Intoxication" much better. It's so freaking fast and brutal.

Too bad that band Mareridt (with Rodrigo/Blood Harvest on drums) didn't write more than a demo and a 7" because they were perfect at playing this kind of stuff.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the typical 'metalhead-approved' bands. Hellshock, Misery, Audio kollaps, Agrimonia, Wolfbrigade, Filth of mankind, Martyrdod,...
As well as the early hardcore bands like Shitlickers, Zyklome A, Crude SS,...

There is/was a decent scene here in Belgium too. Visions of war, Nahende vernichtung, Last legion alive,...as long as I've been going to gigs I've been going to crust/punk gigs on occasion too.
Travis N.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormcrow and Disrupt haven't been mentioned yet. Why.

http://www.aterrerecords.blogspot.com

http://aterre.bigcartel.com
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis N. wrote:
Stormcrow and Disrupt haven't been mentioned yet. Why.

I mentioned Stormcrow.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBH
Steken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANTI-CIMEX all the way.
Cacique

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I'm mostly into the Finnish stuff, Riistetyt, Kaaos, Terveet Kadet, Varaus, Appendix, Bastards, Stalin, Tampere SS, Protesti... most of the other stuff hasn't held up for me as well but there are exceptions like Hiatus, some Doom, Deformed Conscience, Battle of Disarm, Masskontroll, some other stuff...... but a lot of it has aged poorly for me, I could go the rest of my life without hearing Aus Rotten or Crass again....

Oh and the fucking Dutch stuff is top notch too, Larm, Pandemonium, BGK, Nog Watt, etc.....

No Rattus?
Black Mass Hysteria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think crust I think these bands:
Amebix
Antisect
Deviated Instinct
Hellbastard
Axegrinder
Nausea
Fleas and Lice
Misery
Hiatus

All amazing bands! All crust.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

.. just just label it all as "crust" it'll make it easier for people like you.

Like me as well mr. dictionary

Btw, never before heard the term stenchcore, must be my ignorance... but for me these are all crust/punk or d-beat/punk.
AnttittnA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old British crust is the best crust, some newer ones are good too, but not even close to what Amebix, Antisect etc were.

Great new bands from finland. Not much crust, but mostly hardcore/dbeat/whatever.

Maailmanloppu (apocalypse)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFyws4vfjgY

Kylmä Sota (cold war)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUcVlFBiDqg

Kieltolaki (prohibition) no sxe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOlmKO-7yLY

White Tears
https://soundcloud.com/white-tears

Armless Children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLWbBgPlSr8
Dalen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am a punk, so I like tons of such stuff. I don't really know what to recommend, but Nailbiter's reissue is a MANDATORY purchase. It's got Faded Brain Age and Abused on one LP altogether. One of the best d-beat/crust bands of the recent years imho.
NecroDoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massgrav
R.A.M.B.O.
To what end?
Limb from Limb
Masakari
Drip of Lies
ABC Diabolo (well not sure if this crust either...)
Antimaster
Cwill
Ekkaia
Madame Germen
Ictus
Hongo
Life Extinction
Alpinist
Geraniüm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: