P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

question for anyone who has Slaughter- Strappado 2011 RI LP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: question for anyone who has Slaughter- Strappado 2011 RI LP Reply with quote

Just bought this record today at a local shop

Its the 2011 War On Music version.

http://www.discogs.com/Slaughter-Strappado/release/3190074

It was in the new arrivals section and was unplayed and shrinkwrapped. When i play it, the needle will switch groves and skip to a degree that makes it impossible to listen to. The record is spotless and still in pristine condition so i know it hasnt been physically damaged or something. Ive tried it on my girlfriends record player too and same exact problem. Anyone else have this record and experience this sort skipping every few seconds? just curious if all of them don't work or if i just got a dud. sorry if this is not the place to post this. Also any fixes for this? Ive never bought a record that ended up skipping before. i heard you could use a coin to weight the needle but that hasn't helped me so far.

The record was only like 15$ so if i just got a faulty copy i might want to go back and grab another or something.
Luigi's Butt-Plug
banned

Location: Subletting a Finnish Goat Hut at the Ross Bay Cemetery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same version and mine played fine.............take it back and exchange it for one that works, your copy is fucked.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you are absolutely right. You think i should bring it back to the shop or try and get in touch with the War on Music label? its kind of not the shops fault as they stored it properly and looks like any other new sealed record.This was a stupid thread im sorry. thanks for the respons Embarassed
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK CLOSELY at the grooves.
The WOM 2 x 12" release of the Sacrifice demos , "198666", has craters you can see with your eyes. The LOUD pops are due to them.
Unknown if it was only a few copies, or many, pressed like that, because most people posting on facebook that bought it say it is to display on their walls and not to listen to (Limited to 666 copies, red vinyl, blah blah).

I own a bunch of other War On Music vinyls, and they all sound great (well, Razor's mini Lp has some surface noise, maybe due to being mastered off a supposed mint vinyl). Because of that one fucked up album, it makes me listen carefully on the very first listen, in case it has to be inspected.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
This was a stupid thread im sorry.

Not a stupid thread at all.
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds more like a tracking issue when the record looks fine. try adjusting your antiskate. My copy of the Sacrifice demo record is fine.
Luigi's Butt-Plug
banned

Location: Subletting a Finnish Goat Hut at the Ross Bay Cemetery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You think i should bring it back to the shop or try and get in touch with the War on Music label? its kind of not the shops fault as they stored it properly and looks like any other new sealed record.

I would just take it back to the shop, let them worry about getting in touch with the label. ANY decent store will exchange without question, if he's a bit yiddish, he may actually play the lp in front of you........but if it's fucked you should'nt have an issue.
robotdie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
sounds more like a tracking issue when the record looks fine. try adjusting your antiskate. My copy of the Sacrifice demo record is fine.

Yeah, I was surprised how little changes in tracking/cartridge alignment really affects how some LPs play too. I always wrote off my Brave Murder Day C-side as fucked up until my father-in-law re-adjusted my cartridge alignment, now it's fine. My War On Music Strappado plays just fine, maybe its your turn table?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: