P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lascowiec
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Lascowiec Reply with quote

I feel like this band is a bit underrated/overlooked. Without a doubt some of of the best black metal the US has to offer. Discuss.

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful stuff! Loved everything up to/including Unbroken Spirit, they most certainly have a "Blazebirth glow" going. Then, I kind of lost track of them. Within the last year or so I 'checked up' on them and noticed a few new albums (Isolation/Survival) I hadn't seen before but was immensely disappointed by those two after purchasing them. Shocking too because the one was recorded 2007-2009, the gap between their first two AWESOME demos and the Unbroken Spirit album. Wish I could hear samples of the others.

Speaking of their side projects, I still need to grab the Svetovid and Sunchariot tapes. From the small amount I've heard, it seems to be right up my alley. And it doesn't help that every time I think of Sunchariot I immediately think of "Elders of the Monument Faith" for no good reason. "A Pulse Beyond Nothing" is still a high point of theirs. Bipy the hypnotist.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Isolation, it's a change of pace but really good. If you are into Svetovid I'd recommend checking out Sunchariot if you haven't already.

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
Speerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not keen on the Blazebirth clone stuff (and it's difficult to see it as anything but that), but Isolation is great, at least from the crappy 160kpbs mp3s I have. Did this actually ever see an official release?

Didn't realise he was in Sunchariot. Awesome stuff.
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Not keen on the Blazebirth clone stuff (and it's difficult to see it as anything but that), but Isolation is great, at least from the crappy 160kpbs mp3s I have. Did this actually ever see an official release?

Yes! Winter Solace is where I got the previous tapes from, and where I'm currently reaching out to see how many of the Svetovid/Sunchariots remain...
global deathrape

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldve really liked to hear more stuff in the vein of Isolation. Asgard mysteries is my other favorite, the rest kind of just blends together imo.
BurdenEradication

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am familiar only with Frostwinds of the Apocalypse, and I fucking love the Asgard Mysteries compilation. Such a cold and lonely sound. I note the similarities between them and the BlazeBirth sound, but wouldn't have made a strong and immediate connection when I first heard them. Lascowiec have a discernable sound. I really do enjoy what I've heard from this band though, got to check out the other full lengths.
WOHRT RECORDS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Lascowiec, Svetovid, Sunchariot, Boreal Wind and related are in stock:
HERE // http://wohrtrecords-store.com/
Mysticus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these 2 CD's in stock for really cheap price:

LASCOWIEC (Usa) - Unbroken Spirit - 3 € - Heathen Black Metal from Vinland.
LASCOWIEC (Usa) - Frostwinds of the Apocalypse - 3 € - Latest album, more grim and cold Black Metal than ever!!!
Vega360

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessdarkness wrote:
Speerhead wrote:

Yes! Winter Solace is where I got the previous tapes from, and where I'm currently reaching out to see how many of the Svetovid/Sunchariots remain...

Before everyone shows up and tries to beg for money let me explain all this so nobody gets confused.

The guy of Lascowiec & Sunchariot were two different people. The project they collaborated together in was called Svetovid. Boreal Wind is a collaboration between the guy of Lascowiec and Na Rasputje.

The Sunchariot guy was the owner of the now defunct Brotherhood of Light label. The label and all of his projected ended right after the second Sunchariot album was released, as a person he was a complete mess. Should you have ever interacted with that person you would have understood. Dealing with that individual was probably the most stressful experience of doing the label, my frustrations with him manifested in some strange online antics that almost resulted in the death of the label. He'd do stuff like write 180 songs in a week then want me to release all of them on pro cd instantly, send me notes written on random trash and was at one point going to actually planning to fly to Minnesota to record "NS Techno" with me, despite it all being made on computers.

Also before anyone asks, I'm not going to go into massive detail about why the BoTL label fell apart. It'll just cheapen the albums for people and I'd rather people be able to enjoy the things they paid money for.

I don't have a list of the projects the Lascowiec guy currently is, that you'd have to write to werewolf promotion about. Wojbor is pretty much that guys manager now.

In regards to Sunchariot/CRG. He did Sunchariot, Surt, Haar, Cosmic Breath 88, Cosmic Breath and LLYR. He claimed to have done some other stuff too, but the actualy physical releases of that stuff would never materialize.

Haar (from the tape "Skies of Grey")
http://youtu.be/YasDJbVopJw

- This is basically the same thing I think as Sunchariot, however it never got promoted and whats left of the covers just sit here in my distro.

Cosmic Breath/Cosmic Breath 88
(from the second demo "The Stench of Life")
http://youtu.be/LjkGingRGPM

CB/CB88 was some kind of industrial project he invented after he realized I did industrial music. The song above is metal though, he put out one black metal demo under this band name, because he would change genres for his projects like clothing.

Surt was folk/accoustic/ambient, all the material of that is sold out now I think. LLYR was some old rehearsals he just threw together for a release, good luck tracking those down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When people ask me about this kind of stuff another band I tell them to look at is Hymnorg from Oregon. It's similar but branches out from the BBH clone patteren and goes beyond that mold.

http://youtu.be/f1pqmo58CV8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sole notion of this band being looked at solely because it's a blazebirth hall clone, proves only how people are hungry to eat the same stuff then wonder on this forum why it tastes the same. I wish that they could break free from that being the only thing anyone says about their music but I doubt it. This band being one of the few bands from this country everyone gets a hard on for only goes to demonstrate how misunderstood the perception of USBM is.

Original American black metal sound = financial suicide from a label perspective

Black Metal from America preaching about "the glory of old europa" in an effort to forge a brotherhood with people who probably laughed when 9/11 happened = the only thing anyone in buys and says is visionary.
www.vinlandspecialservices.bandcamp.com
www.vinlandss.wordpress.com
www.ilsakoch.wordpress.com
skeletor666

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunchariot has to be one of the worst band names i have ever heard.i just sounds a bit gay.

like a black metal prius.i drunk by the way so dont take it personally
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to open some history book or even google the signification of this name. Wink

On topic, I heard only Frostwinds of The Apocalypse which has a great atmosphere, but only a couple of memorable tracks, "Hail of Destruction" being the kind of track that stays in my mind for long though.
Jo Bench

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freya and the cats simultaneously point and paw at skeletor666 and laugh.
The Mentor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lascowiec is what black metal should be for my taste - ice cold and uninviting

Fans of Paysage D'Hiver and Forteresse will love this. Wohrt records has most of their full length's on cassette, Winds of Victory is a personal favourite.
danofort

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lascowiec is one of my favorite black metal bands, period. I've liked just about all of the stuff that he's done. The first two demos are excellent, and the title track from "Asgard Mysteries" is amazing. I would love to see "Isolation" as a CD release eventually. I will check out anything that Nate does, because I've liked all of it.

...and this-

The Mentor wrote:
Lascowiec is what black metal should be for my taste - ice cold and uninviting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: