P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BURZUM - Sl austan, Mni vestan NEW ALBUM MAY 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Under Command

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
releasing one LP every year means ...
1. ... you need money
2. ... you don't have a clue how to focus your creativity

to 1.: varg has no apprenticeship but has a family that needs to be fed. any questions?
to 2.: coalescing the best ideas and releasing an album every 3 years might be more effective but, ... wait ... its all about 1. and thus not very true/straight from the heart anymore.

da magic is gone. some do better than you now. good night varg.

I kinda agree with your first point about needing an income, but remember that all the first records were recorded one after the other in very quick succession. I mean Burzum in 1992, Aske 1992 DSEV 1993 and Hvis 1994 if memory serves me right.

As for the recording, everything was done in 1992 except Filosofem in 1993. + DMDS bass parts in 1992 as well.
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
1. ... you need money

to 1.: varg has no apprenticeship but has a family that needs to be fed. any questions?
to 2.: coalescing the best ideas and releasing an album every 3 years might be more effective but, ... wait ... its all about 1. and thus not very true/straight from the heart anymore.

I kinda agree with your first point about needing an income, but remember that all the first records were recorded one after the other in very quick succession. I mean Burzum in 1992, Aske 1992 DSEV 1993 and Hvis 1994 if memory serves me right.

As for the recording, everything was done in 1992 except Filosofem in 1993. + DMDS bass parts in 1992 as well.

Correct although I think some of it was written in '91 as well, but the releases were all very close together.

Burzum is and always will be my favourite all time band, due to the first album and EP being the epitomy of what black metal was and is all about. They will never age. The new material is a different direction, but doesn't lack quality.

Will be buying.
Under Command

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he started composing for Burzum in 1991.
nileppez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
1. ... you need money

And you've just made thread about Sir N from Ancient Records, who releases much more often than Varg.
What gives you an idea that a person needs 3 years (over thousand days) to perfect ~40 minutes of music? Especially given Varg's lifestyle probably giving him lots of time for writing music.
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic jist is the guy hates metal music, which he always labeled "n.i.g.g.e.r. music", yet he makes music in the same thin vein to the same crowd because he is unemployable in Norway and pretty much anywhere. What else can he do except make music for the fanboys born too late to have been around for his initial run and the apologists who hang on his words because he burned a few buildings and killed a guy for reasons that change every fifth year?

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Sl austan, Mni vestan will feature ≈58 minutes of instrumental electronic music, that can best be described as relaxing, slow-paced, contemplative and very much original. You have not heard anything like this before, although we can compare it to other electronic music, such as Software and perhapsTangerine Dream too, both from the 1980ies and I guess to old electronic Burzum music as well."

Laughing
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
""Sl austan, Mni vestan will feature ≈58 minutes of instrumental electronic music, that can best be described as relaxing, slow-paced, contemplative and very much original. You have not heard anything like this before, although we can compare it to other electronic music, such as Software and perhapsTangerine Dream too, both from the 1980ies and I guess to old electronic Burzum music as well."

Laughing

No Laughing! sounds good to me.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
No Laughing! sounds good to me.

Indeed. At least raised my interest.

"You can't hide the hook!"
ADK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it is instrumental, so we don't need to hear that Islandish murmuring again.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be good but I am always amused by shit like "You have not heard anything like this before".
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
It might be good but I am always amused by shit like "You have not heard anything like this before".

good point, but ya gotta sell it! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"never heard anything like this, comes with free hate and despair"
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ancestralcult.com/2013/02/24/burzum-news-east-of-the-sun-west-of-the-moon/
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
1. ... you need money

And you've just made thread about Sir N from Ancient Records, who releases much more often than Varg.
What gives you an idea that a person needs 3 years (over thousand days) to perfect ~40 minutes of music? Especially given Varg's lifestyle probably giving him lots of time for writing music.

that sir n comment is allright. nevertheless this guy delivers more quality than varg has in the last few years ... just a matter of personal taste.

when varg recorded his early stuff he still was young and hungry and a well of creativity (all recorded within a short period of time as stressed before correctly) with the wish to take his music further step by step. that works fine with the first 4 albums.

now years later he simply is not "hungry" anymore. he's not that creative like in the first years anymore, just repeating himself musically. just like fucking slayer.

btw: sir n will surely "burn out" one day, just like varg, haha. maybe we can say that after the upcoming release of svartrit album nr. 4, 5 and 6?
Hrus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrus wrote:
I hope it will be a 100% ambiant album. He already showed that he could not do metal again, so it can only be better

Quote:
Sl austan, Mni vestan will feature ≈58 minutes of instrumental electronic music, that can best be described as relaxing, slow-paced, contemplative and very much original. You have not heard anything like this before, although we can compare it to other electronic music, such as Software and perhapsTangerine Dream too, both from the 1980ies and I guess to old electronic Burzum music as well.

Eh !
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:

my last 2 cents: some bands/people are able to write 25 good songs in two years, some are not. I have seen too many that simply failed and take themselves soo important that they think every idea recorded might be viewed as good. in fact most bands/people recording every single fart should take one problem into consideration: this fucken metal music market is flooded by way too many releases. so they should do us a favour and release albums every 2-3 years and thus maybe increase quality by selecting ideas and gathering the best ideas to make a proper album. just my personal feelings on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: