P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tormentor - Studio Session in Miskolc - Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AOD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Tormentor - Studio Session in Miskolc - Question Reply with quote

Yesterday I listened to my "The Sick Years" compilation again.
I am always very confused about the Miskolc studio session, included on that release. It has the additional info "Vocal Animal", so I suspect that Attila wasn't in the band at the time of recording or simply used another stage name...who knows ???
As no exact date of the recording is written on the compilation notes, I am 99,9% sure that I got some info some years ago that these sessions were done in 1990.
Next thing: The live stuff. On the compilation, some early live performances are included, but there is another recording circulating (Budapest 1986), including "Life Is Life". I have no idea how much live shows are available in tape trading circles, but I never heard another one except the recordings I mentioned here.
Maybe anybody has some more useful information ??? Thank you very much !!!
SEMENandBLOOD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Vocal Animal" thing might be confusing, but when looking to "The Sick Years" line-up, it features only Attila on vocals.

On the 2 recent Tormentor LP's there are much photos, interview, infos... too lazy to check them now, but as far I remember, they never mention another vocalist besides Attila (the same on other releases and on Metal Archives).
About gigs they mention much ones in Hungary, so probably much more than the few lives gathered on "The Sick Years" and "Live in Budapest 1986" (their 1st gig?). But until now it seems they haven't surfaced yet, maybe a lot of gigs were never recorded... One should ask directly to the band on their facebook page.

Here a Tormentor video (live 1986) already posted on this forum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmdqFygVNsk

And I just found this one, Live in Budapest (1999):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlRGvgWvls
With same line-up than on "Reccipe Ferrum" (+ a guy at keyboard). This album features some photos from this show (or a show from same period). Not so great live actually in my opinion, but interesting to see this.
AOD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for lots of information.
I read the complete history, included on the two official released LPs, but there is simply no story about the Miskolc studio session available...
It was in 1989, not in 1990. I got a copy of the Hungarian tape compilation "Black And Speed Metal" and it is dated 1989.
I am 99.9$ sure that the vocals for both tracks were not done by Attila, cause the singer's voice and his pronunciation is very different, compared to other recordings of both tracks (demo and live stuff).
Besides this, the versions on "The Sick Years" are slightly different mixes, compared to "Black And Speed Mertal" compilation tape...
I wrote a mail to Zsolt Machat and I hope he will find some minutes to tell the story in a short way...we will see.
Maybe we have some Hungarian metal manics here ??? Would be really nice to get some information about these recordings.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just searched and find some infos about Studio session -Miskolc topics, here are the details, from an Attila Csihar interview, dated in 2004 + my personal memories!

On that session vocal animal means Attila Szigeti, the guitarist as the studio was booked earlier and Attila Csihar had family things to do therefore the band recorded the songs without him, it was around 1987/88!
In the era of communism and living behind the iron curtain was really hard to find good studios in Hungary and I'm sure the band really wanted to make the recordings and as Szigeti sung on it. To be honest it's not a new thing as I can remember to a gig somewhen around 1989 on a big festival (called Black/Thrash Festival or something like that!) in Budapest where Tormentor also played and Szigeti started to sing because Attila Csihar was nowhere! Later got the info as he had problems and was really drunk! By the way Szigeti did a really cool vocal-performance! And if my memory working well, they played Countess Bathory from Venom!
AOD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great !!! Thank you very much !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: