P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

[?] Griftegård / Wardenclyffe news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.charlach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: [?] Griftegård / Wardenclyffe news Reply with quote

With a new Year of the Goat release being at the ready, and me not caring in the slightest, I still found myself wondering if there's hope for new material from Griftegård eventually instead. Since there's a chronological and personnel link to Wardenclyffe, I'd also like to take the opportunity to ask if one of you guys know whether Burn Records is still planning to release "Ordo Ab Chao" as 7" EP or not.

Thank you very much, and pardon me if the word goes around on Facebook and akin, but I'm not using this kind of social media which is why I may be out of touch.
Guido

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question! Griftegård is definitely one the best Doom Metal band of XXIth century.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same recently! I have been listening to Sacred Solemn Severe for the last few weeks almost every day. Amazing that average bands like Pallbearer get all the attention when there are bands of Griftegards quality around...
s.charlach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, "Solemn : Sacred : Severe" is one of the few contemporary albums that regularly ends up on my record player. It's remarkable how stylistically confident and consistent the whole album is, let alone for a debut album. It ensnares one immediately with its arc of suspense between the massive riffs and bittersweet melodies, the apocalyptic vibe and, of course, Thomas Eriksson's charismatic and expressive vocals. I think they perfectly managed it to forge an own musical identity with the obvious influences shining through here and there. This is a future classic!

Anyway, I talked to Björn / Nachtgnosis about what's going on in Norrköping, and he told me that the writing process for the second full-length actually started two to three years ago already, but Per and Thomas decided to funnel their full attention to Year of the Goat, and while that's even understandable to a certain degree given the success of Year of the Goat it's still a real shame in regards to the artistic effect that Griftegård has without a doubt. Add personal struggles of another band member, and it doesn't look well for a follow-up to "Solemn : Sacred : Severe" for the time being unfortunately.
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking about Nachtgnosis, any new release coming with NIHIL NOCTURNE? This awesome German BM band has been a bit inactive recently...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: