P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Martyrium & Eminenz - the other German black metal sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecstatic_Horror

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Martyrium & Eminenz - the other German black metal s Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:

Martyrium "L.V.X. Occulta" complete album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM7xtd_WMD8

Pure Occult. Negative Plane got a lot of inspiration from this band.
schoolslave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I have too much on my plate right now.

That is unfortunate.
Hopefully either you or someone else will release Occulta on LP.

Last edited by schoolslave on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eminenz on NWN would be ridiculous, people would laugh over here. This band has ZERO respect, believe me.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for what they turned into later on. They were good all the way up to The Heretic. Then they turned into sympho bm crap after that.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

schoolslave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Eminenz on NWN would be ridiculous, people would laugh over here. This band has ZERO respect, believe me.

More interested in Martyrium, Eminenz doesn't interest me too much after listening to more of their tracks.
Dismal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Martyrium & Eminenz - the other German black metal s Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Martyrium "L.V.X. Occulta" complete album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM7xtd_WMD8

Pure Occult. Negative Plane got a lot of inspiration from this band.

Wow, yeah, totally.

Listening and really enjoying this album! Love the chaotic , and somewhat sloppy drumming!
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
Martyrium ??? Are you complete mad dude !!??? This album was something completely different and new at the time. This was the most structured chaos ever. No band made such an album before. Did you really hear this one intensivley and not only as a background while painting your living room or something like that ??? LVX Occulta forever !!! Those total morbid rythms and even more morbid riffs caught me at once and i got totally possessed !!!

Gotta love fanboys.

Seriously, it was nothing really "different" nor "new", as the OP mentioned this style was perfected by early Samael/MD, Martyrium is like a more chaotic/dissonant version of it but there's still nothing outrageously original about it. This is another band that pretty much no one cared about in pre-Internet times, Volker/Merciless Recs was probably sitting on unsold copies of the album seen as he was charging a mere DM 3 (roughly 1.5) per copy at some point.
schoolslave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Perverted Necrofucker wrote:
Martyrium ??? Are you complete mad dude !!??? This album was something completely different and new at the time. This was the most structured chaos ever. No band made such an album before. Did you really hear this one intensivley and not only as a background while painting your living room or something like that ??? LVX Occulta forever !!! Those total morbid rythms and even more morbid riffs caught me at once and i got totally possessed !!!

Gotta love fanboys.

Seriously, it was nothing really "different" nor "new", as the OP mentioned this style was perfected by early Samael/MD, Martyrium is like a more chaotic/dissonant version of it but there's still nothing outrageously original about it. This is another band that pretty much no one cared about in pre-Internet times, Volker/Merciless Recs was probably sitting on unsold copies of the album seen as he was charging a mere DM 3 (roughly 1.5) per copy at some point.

So? People care about it now and that somehow has you all butthurt?
Do you live in a perpetual bubble of nostalgia, where anything that changed from 1000 BC to now causes you to have fits of angst and hysteria prompting you to immediately sign onto the internet and proclaim your righteousness to the world?
I bet nobody did anything of the sort "pre-Internet".
Although I can imagine you sitting on your fat ass in 1995 sending snailmail to everyone who liked bands which the "majority" did not like.

Have a nice day Very Happy
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoolslave wrote:
So? People care about it now and that somehow has you all butthurt?
Do you live in a perpetual bubble of nostalgia, where anything that changed from 1000 BC to now causes you to have fits of angst and hysteria prompting you to immediately sign onto the internet and proclaim your righteousness to the world?

Not at all. But experience tells me that whatever gets hyped by the www isn't objectively too good, be it literature, music or just about any other form of art.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LVX Occulta is a masterpiece!!! Occult is the right word to describe that album's sound and atmosphere. A NWN vinyl version would be fucking cool!
Never cared about Eminenz...
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is some truth in what NK7 wrote concerning those bands. The Martyrium album indeed was one of the albums offered in the bargain-section of mailorders. Pretty laughable when todays kids scream for a vinyl-version of such a "cult-release" (which it never was). I like it too but it has by no means any importance on the german scene or anything. Eminenz stated a lot of times (even very early) that they do not play Black Metal.
Hilarious people, besides. They have nothing in common with german Black Metal, which was (by the way) killer with bands as (the old) Absurd, COTW, Nagelfar, Fulgor, Ungod, Baxaxaxa, Silexater, Opacity, Dawnfall etc. etc.

I do hope there wont be any vinyl - release, why should there be any ?
Get the demos/ CDs ! Does anything has to be exploited and sold in the streams of this fucking vinyl-trend ????

@ warcrust: What do you know about occultism or mean by the term "occult" ? You kids throw around with words you seemingly do not even understand yourself.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've listened to that Martyrium album once years ago and thought it was too incoherent. It seemed to make a lot more sense now that I sampled it a little bit. I still think it needs more punch especially on guitars. Maybe time to replay that one if I happen to find myself on a bad mood. Negative Plane really made this kind of stuff excel on their first album.

Must say I think I got that album for a fair bargain price heh.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsturm888 wrote:
Actually there is some truth in what NK7 wrote concerning those bands. The Martyrium album indeed was one of the albums offered in the bargain-section of mailorders. Pretty laughable when todays kids scream for a vinyl-version of such a "cult-release" (which it never was). I like it too but it has by no means any importance on the german scene or anything. Eminenz stated a lot of times (even very early) that they do not play Black Metal.
Hilarious people, besides. They have nothing in common with german Black Metal, which was (by the way) killer with bands as (the old) Absurd, COTW, Nagelfar, Fulgor, Ungod, Baxaxaxa, Silexater, Opacity, Dawnfall etc. etc.

Get the demos/ CDs ! Does anything has to be exploited and sold in the streams of this fucking vinyl-trend ????

@ warcrust: What do you know about occultism or mean by the term "occult" ? You kids throw around with words you seemingly do not even understand yourself.

Yeah sure buddy! Smile It doesn't matter I own and like that fucking CD more than 15 years, right? Everyone is whining about vinyl represses here but when I say a vinyl version would be cool for LVX Occulta I'm just a fucking kid who don't know anything?
ravage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Negative Plane really made this kind of stuff excel on their first album.

Funny, I haven't been able to listen to the first Negative Plane album after hearing L.V.X. Occulta, NP sounds like an inferior version of it in comparison. Discovered them through an NP interview actually, where the inteviewee namedropped Martyrium.

Not a huge fan of L.V.X. Occulta either (sounds a little too incoherent, as you said) but if I want to listen to something like that, I'd rather listen to that than Negative Plane.
schoolslave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsturm888 wrote:

I don't give two shits about when it was made.
Nobody said it should be pressed on vinyl because it's 90's cult.
It should be pressed because it's good music. That's all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: