P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Iron Maiden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Up the Irons!
Iron Maiden
20%
 20%  [ 37 ]
Killers
15%
 15%  [ 28 ]
The Number of the Beast
8%
 8%  [ 16 ]
Piece of Mind
11%
 11%  [ 21 ]
Powerslave
15%
 15%  [ 28 ]
Somewhere in Time
13%
 13%  [ 24 ]
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
14%
 14%  [ 26 ]
No Prayer for the Dying
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Fear of the Dark
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 183

Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Pretty ridiculous that The Number is scoring three votes. Also I'd like to know the identity of the queer who voted for No Prayer.

0 for Fear of the Dark is also suprising.

One now. But not suprising. There is no other album in their discography with as high filler rate as Fear of the Dark.

"You can't hide the hook!"
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakeneko wrote:
I prefer Dickinson's vocal style but Dianno fits in early Maiden better. I lost interest in them since 7th Son and I hardly listen nowadays. My whole life revolved with them for a couple of years

I also like Dickinson more than Di'anno, but Di'anno on Killers, especially on the s/t is so amazing that I have a hard time to decide.
As someone said, Brave New World is also an amazing album. For me that is a lot younger than most people here, it have a nostalgic value for me as well. And songs lik the title song on that one is truly great.

The classic era (82-8Cool is of course my favorite. And Seventh Son was my first Maiden album and will always be my favorite. Infinite Dreams alone would make that album great.

Somewhere in Time and Powerslave are also essential albums. But to be honest, when I was 11-13 I listened to Maiden every day, every hour. So I can just keep on babbling about how great every album is hehe. Have a hard time voting. But will vote for Killers in memory of Clive.
Perverted Necrofucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventh son !

GOOD TRADERS : Vandreren , black sun, Kelkum, Gravelander , Division Lycanthrop, goat_lord, Kakarot SS5, S.P.
Solarfall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:

But all 80ies Maiden is mandatory.

This.

Voted 7th Son, s/t and Powerslave are close.
fireblackfire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killers!
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never worshipped Maiden, probably listened to the band less than 90% of the people on here.

Somewhere in Time is my favourite. Seventh Son doesn't come that far behind. Haven't even heard the last few albums.

Laughing at the guy that voted for No Prayer. That album is just so shitty... I can't even begin to understand what it must have felt like for someone who was around when it was released and expected a worthy follow-up to SSOASS.
Timon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNotB, which got me into metal.
spectre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I didn't vote for No Prayer it's by no means a terrible album. Some really solid songs on there and the band underwent a line-up change since Seventh Son, so what do you really expect. For as great a band as Maiden are, the level they were performing at in the 80s couldn't persist forever with each new release. Is it a worthy successor to Seventh Son? not really. Shit album? Not at all. Virtual XI on the other hand...

Maybe it's different for someone would heard it when it came out in 90 but I don't mind it.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiden up until seventh son and then from brave new world n wards is all tremendous, they are the best heavy metal band of all time.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Blaze albums are better than No Prayer and maybe better than Fear of the Dark too.

As everyone knows, the Nifelheim brothers are the biggest Maiden fans in existence. On the documentary that was aired on swedish television about them as fanatic Maiden collectors, there is a clip where one of them talks to Jon Nödtveidt (then in prison) on telephone and tells him that Virtual XI is the best album that's ever been made. Smile
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number of the Beast. First album I owned.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
I think the Blaze albums are better than No Prayer and maybe better than Fear of the Dark too.

As everyone knows, the Nifelheim brothers are the biggest Maiden fans in existence. On the documentary that was aired on swedish television about them as fanatic Maiden collectors, there is a clip where one of them talks to Jon Nödtveidt (then in prison) on telephone and tells him that Virtual XI is the best album that's ever been made. Smile

I agree. The X Factor have the best "opener" Maiden have ever done. The Sign of the Cross is one of my absolute favorites with this band.

And Virtual XI have The Clansman, don't forget it!

Fear of the Dark is however a great album, songs like Afraid to Shoot Strangers is great.

No Prayer for the Dying is probably my least favorite album by Maiden. Except the title track I can't remember one good song (by Maiden standards) on it.

Even Dance of Death is great compared to it. (And extremely underrated by people on this board.) Even though it has one of the ugliest album covers ever made.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiden was my favorite band for a long, long time. Really difficult to choose a favorite, but I went with Killers. Could just as easily gone with Iron Maiden or Piece of Mind, and Powerslave isn't far behind.

Somewhere In Time is the weakest of the first seven IMO, but still great.

I like Seventh Son a lot, but unfortunately I really don't like anything they released after that, aside from a song here or there.

For the record, Maiden Japan is my favorite Maiden release.
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't choose a favorite among their 80s.
Recently I've been ''melted'' in the stereo powerslave.Before some months same went with somewhere in time.
One year ago I appreciate number of the best ,which in my teenage years didn't click to me.
Every period I love a different album.
Brave new world and dance of death are MASTERPIECES,I put them equally with the 80s classics.
let's say if i have to pick up only one album :killers!
ritualsodomy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're easily my favorite band ever and I like all of their releases (and I actually think X Factor and Virtual XI are one of their best albums), but Somewhere In Time is the best one for me. Seventh Son is a close second, but Can I Play With Madness takes some points away from an otherwise perfect album. I've always hated that track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: