P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SODOM Epitome of Torture
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: SODOM Epitome of Torture Reply with quote

So this has been out for a while already. Impressions? How does it compare to In War (which to me was awesome)?
DSS

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to listen to it 'properly' when my daughter is not home (only got the vinyl version). It is a bit less thrashy and aggressive than "In War..." but more catchy and more Rock 'n' Roll type parts for the lack of other words. Slower paced parts in more songs than on the previous effort. "Into The Skies Of War" and "Tracing The Victim" are my fave songs so far. I will be buying the CD version for sure which means it is worth the money. If you liked "In War..." then you should like this one as well. Very similar but more catchy.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying it as soon as I see it.
mournument

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stigmatized" is the only decent (great) track from that album...the rest is disappointing, soulless and repetitive. Another band pissing (for so many years) in their legacy.
Force them to retire asap.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked what I've heard, but I need to actually buy it and give it a proper listen. They're one of the only old thrash bands that doesn't suck these days. They consistently put out strong, heavy thrash albums.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
They're one of the only old thrash bands that doesn't suck these days. They consistently put out strong, heavy thrash albums.

Well, that is a matter of taste as usual. Heard some of the new songs on weekend when they played live. Didn't have anything to remember about. M-16 is the last good Sodom album in my book.

Proselytism Real was my friday highlight... Fucking great. Their current drummer is however the weak point, he missed a lot of old classic drum fills etc.
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't checked the album out and after hearing some new tracks live last Friday I don't even need to. When In War and Pieces came out I tried listening to it but nah, it sucked.
ironservant666

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epitome of Torture is a great album in my opinion. I didn't like In War and Pieces that much really but the new one is really strong record I think.
glwdrk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a decent record! Not up there with the classics, of course, but still fun to listen to. I got a Tank feeling from it, but that might just be me.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
I need to listen to it 'properly' when my daughter is not home (only got the vinyl version). It is a bit less thrashy and aggressive than "In War..." but more catchy and more Rock 'n' Roll type parts for the lack of other words. Slower paced parts in more songs than on the previous effort. "Into The Skies Of War" and "Tracing The Victim" are my fave songs so far. I will be buying the CD version for sure which means it is worth the money. If you liked "In War..." then you should like this one as well. Very similar but more catchy.

Sounds great, I hold your opinion in high regard. Being a fanboy I'm sure I won't be disappointed, there has never been such a thing as a bad Sodom album (Til Death rocks!).
DSS

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Sounds great, I hold your opinion in high regard. Being a fanboy I'm sure I won't be disappointed, there has never been such a thing as a bad Sodom album (Til Death rocks!).

Found my fave song on youtube (shitty quality I know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4jahejPzg

Those who don't like the album maybe should stop expecting another "Persecution Mania" from the band. Sodom and Overkill still put out solid albums after all these years. Much better than 90% of crap being released these days.

Last edited by DSS on Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Henker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked it more than In war and Pieces.

A solid album, like all Sodom albums.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Found my fave song on youtube (shitty quality I know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4jahejPzg

Those who don't like the album maybe should stop expecting another "Persecution Mania" from the band. Sodom and Overkill still put out solid albums after all these years. Much better than 90% of crap being released these days.

Fully agreed. Heard a couple of songs off youtube in the meantime, there's indeed a good deal of "groove" and I like it. No shit, this band always delivers no matter what.
necrodeceitdoctrinator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm another ugly album after in war and pieces for me
unholypagan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good album but too bad there isn't mid tempo snare thing...whatever you call it... when it's punchy as fuck ... but sodom never dissapoints - heavy stuff. bought vinyl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: