P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SODOM Epitome of Torture
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1326
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: SODOM Epitome of Torture Reply with quote

So this has been out for a while already. Impressions? How does it compare to In War (which to me was awesome)?
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DSS



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1961

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to listen to it 'properly' when my daughter is not home (only got the vinyl version). It is a bit less thrashy and aggressive than "In War..." but more catchy and more Rock 'n' Roll type parts for the lack of other words. Slower paced parts in more songs than on the previous effort. "Into The Skies Of War" and "Tracing The Victim" are my fave songs so far. I will be buying the CD version for sure which means it is worth the money. If you liked "In War..." then you should like this one as well. Very similar but more catchy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathevocation



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 900

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be buying it as soon as I see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mournument



Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stigmatized" is the only decent (great) track from that album...the rest is disappointing, soulless and repetitive. Another band pissing (for so many years) in their legacy.
Force them to retire asap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked what I've heard, but I need to actually buy it and give it a proper listen. They're one of the only old thrash bands that doesn't suck these days. They consistently put out strong, heavy thrash albums.
Back to top
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9479
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
They're one of the only old thrash bands that doesn't suck these days. They consistently put out strong, heavy thrash albums.

Well, that is a matter of taste as usual. Heard some of the new songs on weekend when they played live. Didn't have anything to remember about. M-16 is the last good Sodom album in my book.

Proselytism Real was my friday highlight... Fucking great. Their current drummer is however the weak point, he missed a lot of old classic drum fills etc.
_________________
"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Necrosathanas



Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 931
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't checked the album out and after hearing some new tracks live last Friday I don't even need to. When In War and Pieces came out I tried listening to it but nah, it sucked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ironservant666



Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: Tampere, Finland

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epitome of Torture is a great album in my opinion. I didn't like In War and Pieces that much really but the new one is really strong record I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
glwdrk



Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 547

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a decent record! Not up there with the classics, of course, but still fun to listen to. I got a Tank feeling from it, but that might just be me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1326
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
I need to listen to it 'properly' when my daughter is not home (only got the vinyl version). It is a bit less thrashy and aggressive than "In War..." but more catchy and more Rock 'n' Roll type parts for the lack of other words. Slower paced parts in more songs than on the previous effort. "Into The Skies Of War" and "Tracing The Victim" are my fave songs so far. I will be buying the CD version for sure which means it is worth the money. If you liked "In War..." then you should like this one as well. Very similar but more catchy.

Sounds great, I hold your opinion in high regard. Being a fanboy I'm sure I won't be disappointed, there has never been such a thing as a bad Sodom album (Til Death rocks!).
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DSS



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1961

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Sounds great, I hold your opinion in high regard. Being a fanboy I'm sure I won't be disappointed, there has never been such a thing as a bad Sodom album (Til Death rocks!).


Found my fave song on youtube (shitty quality I know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4jahejPzg

Those who don't like the album maybe should stop expecting another "Persecution Mania" from the band. Sodom and Overkill still put out solid albums after all these years. Much better than 90% of crap being released these days.


Last edited by DSS on Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Henker



Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 125
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked it more than In war and Pieces.

A solid album, like all Sodom albums.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1326
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Sounds great, I hold your opinion in high regard. Being a fanboy I'm sure I won't be disappointed, there has never been such a thing as a bad Sodom album (Til Death rocks!).


Found my fave song on youtube (shitty quality I know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4jahejPzg

Those who don't like the album maybe should stop expecting another "Persecution Mania" from the band. Sodom and Overkill still put out solid albums after all these years. Much better than 90% of crap being released these days.

Fully agreed. Heard a couple of songs off youtube in the meantime, there's indeed a good deal of "groove" and I like it. No shit, this band always delivers no matter what.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
necrodeceitdoctrinator



Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 1260

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm another ugly album after in war and pieces for me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unholypagan



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good album but too bad there isn't mid tempo snare thing...whatever you call it... when it's punchy as fuck ... but sodom never dissapoints - heavy stuff. bought vinyl
_________________
Hail murder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group