P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Post-Nemesis Satyricon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your K.I.N.G.!!!
Rebel Extravaganza
52%
 52%  [ 35 ]
Volcano
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Now, Diabolical
28%
 28%  [ 19 ]
The Age of Nero
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 67

VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
None.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
NK7 wrote:
nileppez wrote:
None. Okay, Rebel Extravaganza does nothing for me, but at least I can ignore it playing somewhere in the background. After that, ugh. For me, Satyricon is the single worst case of all the norwegian wimpouts, both musically and all the related stuff wise. I can't help but cringe at how low they've gone when I listen to a turd like K.I.N.G.

Agreed. It's obviously much better to listen to confused UG rehashed necrobullshit recorded on a 4-track like Veles than to a band which struggled to create their own sound in a proper studio with proper musicians who are actually capable of writing proper metal music.

Veles > Satyricon

In the mind of obtuse kvlt kiddos, sure.
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
NK7 wrote:
nileppez wrote:
None. Okay, Rebel Extravaganza does nothing for me, but at least I can ignore it playing somewhere in the background. After that, ugh. For me, Satyricon is the single worst case of all the norwegian wimpouts, both musically and all the related stuff wise. I can't help but cringe at how low they've gone when I listen to a turd like K.I.N.G.

Agreed. It's obviously much better to listen to confused UG rehashed necrobullshit recorded on a 4-track like Veles than to a band which struggled to create their own sound in a proper studio with proper musicians who are actually capable of writing proper metal music.

Veles > Satyricon

In the mind of obtuse kvlt kiddos, sure.

Except that attitude of yours is a mindless 180 degree turn from the "kvlt kiddos", ending up in about as inaccurate music judgement as the people you shit talk. At least in the black metal realm, where if a band has that typical "kvlt" hype, it's automatically bad, and if it's a turd released by once respectable musicians, it's rather likely to be good in your book. Unlike you, I am able to come past the overtly subjective bias, and I can acknowledge that 'gay' Cradle of Filth are good musicians while new Satyricon is shit, or that 'kvlt' Veles is good while DTL is shit. But yes, a person who is capable of fooling himself that he's white while he's brown, is also surely capable of fooling himself to rate shit as gold and gold as shit to not interfere with his metal weltanschauung.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take early Satyricon over boneheaded third rate black metal like Veles.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather listen to the new Korn album then any post Nemesis Divina Satyricon.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd rather listen to Korn than a track like The Pentagram Burns? Come on...

It's funny to see people getting all pissy and whiny about this topic. I was never a big fan of Satyricon to begin with, and I guess that's why the turn they took might feel like less of a betrayal. I remember buying Dark Medieval Times and The Shadowthrone, but they both ended up collecting dust on my shelf while I was listening to bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem and Dissection instead.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:

It's funny to see people getting all pissy and whiny about this topic. I was never a big fan of Satyricon to begin with, and I guess that's why the turn they took might feel like less of a betrayal. I remember buying Dark Medieval Times and The Shadowthrone, but they both ended up collecting dust on my shelf while I was listening to bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem and Dissection instead.

It's all part of the kvlter-than-thou gimmick. As soon as a bm band releases an album that is blastbeat-free and not recorded in the woods it's "worthless shit", a "sell out", they are "wimps", happened for Dissection, Satyricon, Darkthrone et cetera. That being said, I'm a huge fan of the pre-Rebel stuff.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel is a modern classic.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Frozen wrote:

It's all part of the kvlter-than-thou gimmick. As soon as a bm band releases an album that is blastbeat-free and not recorded in the woods it's "worthless shit", a "sell out", they are "wimps", happened for Dissection, Satyricon, Darkthrone et cetera. That being said, I'm a huge fan of the pre-Rebel stuff.

Exactly! As soon as a band stops doing what you liked about them in the first place they suck balls!
bvr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UlvhedinGrom wrote:
Total shit right after Nemesis. Fuck this topic.

This. Black Metal Nickelback.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Frozen wrote:

Exactly! As soon as a band stops doing what you liked about them in the first place they suck balls!

It's obviously silly to expect grown up taste in music and mental progression from black metal listeners.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own any of those records, but I saw them twice live since and I think they are good in what they are doing nowadays.

Still, nothing for me, I am fine with the first two albums.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
fartcough wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Frozen wrote:

It's obviously silly to expect grown up taste in music and mental progression from black metal listeners.

Grown up? Nah uh, check this out bro... When I want listen to glam rock l don't put on Cold Lake, when I want to listen to Industrial Nu metal, I don't put in Illud.. when I want to listen to Groove Metal, I don't grab the newest Sepultura and when I want to listen to boring shite, I sure as fuck don't spin new Satyricon! Bands need to stick to their fucking story and stop "progressing" into genres they know nothing about.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
fartcough wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Frozen wrote:

That's a ridiculous claim. It's pretty arrogant to say that black metal fans who don't like latter day Satyricon lack mental progression when there are pretty clear reasons why they wouldn't. The very idea of black n' roll is the complete antithesis of black metal and the music itself sounds like it's trying to parody the genre. There are other ways of progressing as a band besides throwing in an arena rock vibe that clearly doesn't mix with the style. They sound like a joke band now. Plain and simple.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:

Grown up? Nah uh, check this out bro... When I want listen to glam rock l don't put on Cold Lake, when I want to listen to Industrial Nu metal, I don't put in Illud.. when I want to listen to Groove Metal, I don't grab the newest Sepultura and when I want to listen to boring shite, I sure as fuck don't spin new Satyricon! Bands need to stick to their fucking story and stop "progressing" into genres they know nothing about.

Agreed, every band around should be AC/DC and record the very same album 37 times in a row. Band members aren't allowed to expand their horizons and should avoid rehearsing more than once a week not to become more skilled musicians. They also should listen to metal, metal and nothing else than metal so as to prevent gay influences from affecting their precious metal integrity. Black metal should be stuck to the moment it was one second after Transilvanian Hunger was released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: