P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Post-Nemesis Satyricon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your K.I.N.G.!!!
Rebel Extravaganza
52%
 52%  [ 35 ]
Volcano
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
Now, Diabolical
28%
 28%  [ 19 ]
The Age of Nero
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 67

obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of great black metal bands that managed to try something new within the genre without resorting to something retarded like black n' roll. You obviously haven't heard them.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
The very idea of black n' roll is the complete antithesis of black metal and the music itself sounds like it's trying to parody the genre. There are other ways of progressing as a band besides throwing in an arena rock vibe that clearly doesn't mix with the style.

I like it how you guys keep thinking that there's like some sort of deeper philosophical meaning to black metal that should prevent bands from making it big and reaching wider audiences, or just evolve their music as it suits them and their improved skills as musicians better. Sometimes I genuinely admire your highly idealistic post-teen naivety.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did I say anything about the popularity of the band? I was talking about their music and how it sucks now. Believe it or not, people usually form their opinions about a band based on the music.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
When did I say anything about the popularity of the band? I was talking about their music and how it sucks now. Believe it or not, people usually form their opinions about a band based on the music.

It doesn't "suck" at all, it's just different from the way you expect it to be and more demanding/complex to write and sometimes perform. Coming up with a riff the brilliance of King is lots harder (and more satisfying for a musician) than writing Dark Medieval Times part-2.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
The exact opposite for me... I really cannot stand the Black n roll crap they're doing these days.

Always gonna go with Dark Medieval Times and the Shadowthrone as their masterpieces.

Same feeling here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was simply explaining to you why a fan of Satyricon's early albums (and black metal in general) wouldn't like the new stuff they've been putting out. The band changed their sound in a way that alienated their former fans and that's why people don't like it. It's perfectly reasonable for fans of a band to not like the direction they take if said direction doesn't appeal to them. You don't have to keep liking a band when they change their sound to have a "mature" taste. It's called choosing what you like and don't like.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
fartcough wrote:

Grown up? Nah uh, check this out bro... When I want listen to glam rock l don't put on Cold Lake, when I want to listen to Industrial Nu metal, I don't put in Illud.. when I want to listen to Groove Metal, I don't grab the newest Sepultura and when I want to listen to boring shite, I sure as fuck don't spin new Satyricon! Bands need to stick to their fucking story and stop "progressing" into genres they know nothing about.

Agreed, every band around should be AC/DC and record the very same album 37 times in a row. Band members aren't allowed to expand their horizons and should avoid rehearsing more than once a week not to become more skilled musicians. They also should listen to metal, metal and nothing else than metal so as to prevent gay influences from affecting their precious metal integrity. Black metal should be stuck to the moment it was one second after Transilvanian Hunger was released.

this time I'm with NK7. F.e. I know there are many kvlters that despise Enslaved for their progression. Enslaved = men that apparently progress as persons (they're not 16 anymore) and as musicians (again, they're not 16 anymore)!

Declaring musical progression as shit just for the fact that it is progression is stupid and that's what too many do. If you simply don't like it, fine, but don't call them sell out just for trying something else.

that said, I like newer satyricon, I love their first two and like low fi stuff like veles but also Ulver's later albums for many years and I view Transilvanian hunger as the best BM record personally so where's the problem?
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a band changes their sound knowing it will be met with more commercial appeal, that is selling out. I don't think that's really what Enslaved did but Satyricon clearly shifted to a more accessible sound with their black n' roll releases. It's ok to like a band while admitting they sold out, you know. Rolling Eyes
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
It's ok to like a band while admitting they sold out, you know. Rolling Eyes

ah, OK, thx for letting us know. Wink
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UlvhedinGrom wrote:
Total shit right after Nemesis. Fuck this topic.

Basically this ...
They became a totally different band after Nemesis ... A band I no longer cared for ...
Family first but Blasphemy a close second...Good Deals with ApparitionOfferings,theBeast,bMz,BNB888,Doom-Mantia,funeralfog666,Gangraen,GhoulesDesCultes,Goab,Grell,gristle,ICP666,Iscariah,moonan,Penetration Hammer,PeterVenkman,ravn,Sv.,tehomapzu,13,vorfeed
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volcano. I still don't think there is anything out there that sounds like that record, amazing. It was also the first BM album I ever bought so perhaps thats why I feel so 'strong' about it. Very Happy
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody wants the Volcano cd, I'll trade it for just about anything. Seriously. Gimme Megadeth - Killing is My Business or something, I don't give a shit.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue what "black n roll" is. Satyricon is just a black metal band to me.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
I have no clue what "black n roll" is. Satyricon is just a black metal band to me.

I was just about to say that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: