P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Where do we find the time to keep up with all this music?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Black Mass Ritual
banned


Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 487

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Where do we find the time to keep up with all this music? Reply with quote

Full time job, busy schedule and so forth and yet still make time to listen to music.

How do others make the time?


Last edited by Black Mass Ritual on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can:

- mp3 player

- narrow your scope

- buy records but not listen to them

- fake it


The world won't end if you're slow to the take on something, or don't give a shit about something that "everyone else" seems to.
Back to top
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1601
Location: ger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL underground has to offer?
Surely not. Impossible even to reach 10%.

spend time finding new music in the evenings and weekends besides fulltime job, girlfriend, sports, drinking beer with friends, reading, painting and eating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Mass Ritual
banned


Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 487

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
You can:

- mp3 player

- narrow your scope

- buy records but not listen to them

- fake it


The world won't end if you're slow to the take on something, or don't give a shit about something that "everyone else" seems to.




I make the time just fine. I was curious how others manage, but in the case of faking it you may be correct. Status quo rules all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Mass Ritual
banned


Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 487

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
ALL underground has to offer?
Surely not. Impossible even to reach 10%.

spend time finding new music in the evenings and weekends besides fulltime job, girlfriend, sports, drinking beer with friends, reading, painting and eating.




Not all. I meant what appeals to me. Duly noted on that correction.
I once knew a guy who starved himself to buy records.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1601
Location: ger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:

I once knew a guy who starved himself to buy records.


yeah, some swedes once told me that about the Nifelheim twins when it came to rare maiden records Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Mass Ritual
banned


Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 487

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Black Mass Ritual wrote:

I once knew a guy who starved himself to buy records.


yeah, some swedes once told me that about the Nifelheim twins when it came to rare maiden records Smile



Indulge?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
caligulasremains



Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 687
Location: Khan O. Sewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit my job last January to listen to records. No I'm not even kidding. I can usually only manage 5 or 6 records a day even with no responsibilities. It's not like mp3s where you can just play stuff while you're doing other things, it's so much easier to listen to mp3s than it is records but I care about the higher fidelity range so I make a big deal about listening to records. I also like to draw stuff when I'm listening to records, anyone else do that?

Last edited by caligulasremains on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1601
Location: ger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
Black Mass Ritual wrote:

I once knew a guy who starved himself to buy records.


yeah, some swedes once told me that about the Nifelheim twins when it came to rare maiden records Smile



Indulge?


I think at wacken 2001 I drank with some guys from linköping and at their tent base the twins appeared with some records in their bags and so these guys joked like "these two guys would even starve in order to finance a rare iron maiden collectors record" or something. thats all. meant literally? don't think so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carpathian_Florist



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1295

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
I quit my job last January to listen to records. No I'm not even kidding. I can usually only manage 5 or 6 records a day even with no responsibilities. It's not like mp3s where you can just play stuff while you're doing other things, it's so much easier to listen to mp3s than it is records but I care about the higher fidelity range so I make a big deal about listening to records. I also like to draw stuff when I'm listening to records, anyone else do that?



Not passing judgement, but why would you quit your job to listen to records?
You must live at home and have not a bill to your name. I think I'm even more curious how you afford records with no income?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Candlemass



Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 1675

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely ever listen to new bands, unless they come highly recommended by close friends whose musical tastes are close to mine.
I do listen to music all day at work and at home too, but I couldn't care less about "keeping up with the underground".
_________________
AphoticCatechism wrote:
And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2971
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am lucky enough to have a job where I can listen to music 4-5 hours a day, and be online as well.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mucupurulent cuntkiller



Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 199
Location: Spain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
You can:

- mp3 player

- narrow your scope

- buy records but not listen to them

- fake it


The world won't end if you're slow to the take on something, or don't give a shit about something that "everyone else" seems to.

you can also post complete albums and gigs on your Facebook wall and don´t listen to them a practice that everybody seem to use Rolling Eyes
_________________
Good transactions with these guys!: addison, Kakarot55S, morbiddeceiver, Morbid Mike, Mz412, Sadovahr, Sadomizer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black Mass Ritual
banned


Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 487

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
I rarely ever listen to new bands, unless they come highly recommended by close friends whose musical tastes are close to mine.
I do listen to music all day at work and at home too, but I couldn't care less about "keeping up with the underground".




Keeping up with the underground was a poor choice of words.
I merely meant discovering great bands every now and again and listening to music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
under a funeral shroom



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Posts: 1590
Location: pgh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sometimes seems impossible to keep up really, even with the stuff I buy. Problem is, being late to the game on a band nowdays often means missing out entirely or being forced to pay outrageous prices for things that went out of print in a week. The moral of the story as Homer Simpson would say, is "Never try".
_________________
morg wrote:

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group