P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RUDIMENTARY PENI "Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: RUDIMENTARY PENI "Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric" Reply with quote

I know it's a punk album and therefore strays a bit from this board's foundation, so I'll understand if this topic gets deleted, but I figured enough people here are probably into Rudimentary Peni's sick and twisted vision that it's worth posting. "Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric", previously only available on a long out-of-print CD, has finally been made available on vinyl (and reissued on CD too for those who prefer it). I worship this album, and their whole catalog, so of course I'm stocking some copies at Analog Worship:

http://www.analogworship.com/item.php?id=831

It's pretty pricy, but wholesale was high on this one. Totally worth it just to see the booklet at 12"x12" size though! And for Europeans and others, Southern is selling it of course:

http://shop.southern.com/rudimentary-peni-pope-adrian-37th-psychristiatric-vinyl/

Here's the official blurb:

Southern Records wrote:

12 songs, 43 minutes. The first of all six Rudimentary Peni releases to be reissued. Remastered from original analogue tapes. Vinyl edition on 180gm black vinyl with gatefold sleeve, full-size 16 page art book of Nick Blinko artworks, and a bonus poster. Also available as a CD edition in gatefold wallet with 16 page artbook. Digital download included.

Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric is a concept album by the band Rudimentary Peni, originally released in 1995. It has been rumoured that the album was written while lead singer/guitarist Nick Blinko was being detained in a psychiatric hospital under Section 3 of the UK 1983 Mental Health Act. The subject matter of the album is purported to be based on the delusions Blinko was experiencing at the time, particularly the idea that he was to assume the Papacy, and become "Pope Adrian 37th", the second English pope in history. The first, Nicholas Breakspeare, was coincidentally from Blinko's hometown of Abbotts Langley. Musically, Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric has the band venturing into expanded song structures (their typical song prior to this being one or two minutes long) and relentless, cyclical riffs. The repetitive lyrical phrases and blistering sounds create an oppressive and compelling atmosphere which does much to reinforce the ideas of obsession which shroud both the concept and mythology of this utterly unique album.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get this along with the Moyen art book for total nightmare vision.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
I'll get this along with the Moyen art book for total nightmare vision.

Nick Blinko's art is always incredible... finally seeing larger high-res versions of the images from the CD booklet is a treat for me, the detail is just insane (no pun intended).

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

want/need

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a massive RP fan, but never could get into this album. The art book in the (original) CD booklet was worth the price of the disc, though. Any obvious differences in layout/sound?

Speaking of RP, Cacophony is the one album that I think most deserves a proper reissue. It's pretty clearly the peak of their career, in my opinion, but the CD looks the shittiest out of all of their releases.
huntersinsnow

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatest band!
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudimentary Peni are fantastic.

I had no idea that the old version was out of print or hard to find. I've had my copy for ages.

My favorite stuff by them will always be the early EPs though. Bile Ball was such an awesome song.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
I'm a massive RP fan, but never could get into this album. The art book in the (original) CD booklet was worth the price of the disc, though. Any obvious differences in layout/sound?

Speaking of RP, Cacophony is the one album that I think most deserves a proper reissue. It's pretty clearly the peak of their career, in my opinion, but the CD looks the shittiest out of all of their releases.

southern is gonna do reissues of all old and out of print RP releases. i think they did this one first because it was never on vinyl.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Clavicula_Nox

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news! So I guess the recent copy of Death Church was a bootleg because I'm assuming it's getting a proper release?? I wish I knew before.
xyosefx

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:

"Cacophony" is coming next month on both CD and vinyl, remastered as well I think. I'll probably stock copies of that as well, assuming this sells OK for me.

voidecay

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clavicula_Nox wrote:
Fantastic news! So I guess the recent copy of Death Church was a bootleg because I'm assuming it's getting a proper release?? I wish I knew before.
Yes sir. The recent Death Church LP pressing is a bootleg from some Italian label. Paid $40 for my copy of the original... worth every penny.
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
"Cacophony" is coming next month on both CD and vinyl, remastered as well I think. I'll probably stock copies of that as well, assuming this sells OK for me.

Cool. I think I've got both Cacophony and Pope Adrian on CD, boxed up somewhere, but the thought of them on vinyl is extremely tempting...
xyosefx

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:
xyosefx wrote:

Cool. I think I've got both Cacophony and Pope Adrian on CD, boxed up somewhere, but the thought of them on vinyl is extremely tempting...

The Pope Adrian vinyl looks & sounds excellent, and is easily worth the price just for Nick Blinko's art.

ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have Cacophony on LP. Such an insane record. Could never get into Pope Adrian, although I haven't heard it in probably 15 years so maybe I should give it another shot. That "Pogo Pope" song is still burned into my brain though haha!!!
Clavicula_Nox

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidecay wrote:
Clavicula_Nox wrote:
Yes sir. The recent Death Church LP pressing is a bootleg from some Italian label. Paid $40 for my copy of the original... worth every penny.

Absolutely! That's a steal! I almost paid $60 for this LP awhile back but ended up picking up this bootleg not knowing any better. Fuck it, still sounds exceptional on vinyl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: