P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HOUR OF 13 on hold?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In Solitude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, his voice fits incredibly well. Still, I am excited about anything that Hour of 13 releases!
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Phil's voice, but it's no big deal if he's out of this band. It's not like he's not in a dozen other bands at the moment.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeonblade wrote:
I like Phil's voice, but it's no big deal if he's out of this band. It's not like he's not in a dozen other bands at the moment.

His lyrics and vocals were a major part of the band. His other bands are good yes, but none will match the occult aspect and vocals he brought to the 13.

Last edited by Carpathian_Florist on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:

Yes, Briton Rites rules.

Probably the best doom band in the world right now as far as I'm concerned.
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:

Yes, Briton Rites rules.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Vestal Claret.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
Hour of 13 without Phil? I don't know how this will sound.

I saw Ho13 live, once, without Phil in NYC, and it was awesome.
Chad - who sang at that show @ the Cake Shop????
Black Kommunion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
Zone wrote:
Better without Swanson's awful hick old man vocals.

His vocals were one of the best things about the band. You must not like traditional doom vocals.

Maybe Phil should just release an acapella Ho13 record since he doesn't need music to make a band... Seriously dude..

Brooklyn Bastard: The show you saw was with Benn Hogg on vocals. Martyrdoom will be the first NYC show with myself on vocals.
Black Kommunion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And quite honestly I'm not here to fuckin prove anything to the Phil fans. Ho13 has always been an entity all of its own, and is about to morph into something way different. I'll continue to do what I have always done for Ho13: the riffs. Some freaked out bloke singing has always been a secondary addition. Without the music there is nothing.
Black Mass Ritual
banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother your getting way bent out of shape over my comment. No one said you had anything to prove to anyone, and no one is saying your riffs were not important to the sound of Hour of 13. I liked the joint ritual between you two, especially on the S/T, which Phil had brought over material for Vestal Claret and used for the album. I like every Hour of 13 album, the riffs, the vocals, the lyrics, everything just fit perfectly. It's a shame things did not work out with you guys because truth of the matter is you made some really great and classic albums. Your right on the aspect that Phil is just a vocalist, but he did play a large role in my eyes to the Hour of 13 sound. His voice, your riffs that is the Hour of 13 I have grown to love and supported since the beginning of the band. I will continue to support your project regardless.
No harm, no foul.
Black Kommunion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Ritual wrote:
Brother your getting way bent out of shape over my comment. No one said you had anything to prove to anyone, and no one is saying your riffs were not important to the sound of Hour of 13. I liked the joint ritual between you two, especially on the S/T, which Phil had brought over material for Vestal Claret and used for the album. I like every Hour of 13 album, the riffs, the vocals, the lyrics, everything just fit perfectly. It's a shame things did not work out with you guys because truth of the matter is you made some really great and classic albums. Your right on the aspect that Phil is just a vocalist, but he did play a large role in my eyes to the Hour of 13 sound. His voice, your riffs that is the Hour of 13 I have grown to love and supported since the beginning of the band. I will continue to support your project regardless.
No harm, no foul.

Yes, no harm no foul. BUT... this guy just demeans every effort I have made to keep Ho13 true to the original idea from its conception to the present. The fact that he consistently slags the fans of Metal music is astonishing, and his irreverence towards me is hilarious albeit uncalled for.

My focus, except for the music, has always been for the fans. Taking it to the people that keep our name alive. Sure this music was created by me for me, but really the fans have to be appeased. This was in no way an interest of his. And that is really sad seeing as he has a very dedicated fanbase.

I appreciate your support man, much gratitude for that. But seeing all of the support this guy gets by people he cares nothing for is extremely discerning.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad, any chance there might be more SET material soon? And it's probably a long shot, but have you ever thought about doing more Torturecide recordings?

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Chad, any chance there might be more SET material soon?

Hope so too. One of my most played demo tapes!
Black Kommunion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Chad, any chance there might be more SET material soon? And it's probably a long shot, but have you ever thought about doing more Torturecide recordings?

The SET "Upheaval of Unholy Darkness" full length is just about to go to press via NWN! The cover layout is being finalized as I speak (or type).

As for Torturecide, since the death of Mark Williams who was the other contributor, this is a dead project. His input was essential, and so it must rest with him.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kommunion wrote:
xyosefx wrote:

The SET "Upheaval of Unholy Darkness" full length is just about to go to press via NWN! The cover layout is being finalized as I speak (or type).

As for Torturecide, since the death of Mark Williams who was the other contributor, this is a dead project. His input was essential, and so it must rest with him.

I was unaware... sorry to hear. The recent tape reissue is a worthy moument.

Excellent news on the Set LP finally coming to fruition.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: