P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

appr: Der Sturmer - Europa Erwache demo !
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: appr: Der Sturmer - Europa Erwache demo ! Reply with quote

Back then, fed up with nonsense mediocre black metal, RAC getting lame, Der Sturmer came up with this demo. And what a straight to the point agressive demo full of joy it was. Now more than 10 years later it didn't lose a single % of its goal. It still blows away many recordings nowadays, which contains anger, catchy songs, good lyrics, power... etc.....
I still love this tape.

Do you agree,....(of course kikes and lefties won't) but those who enjoy DS share this topic ! Very Happy

About DS, KWolf was the best and friendly and comic person I've ever met in BM metal history, but due to my time in zog's dungeons we lost contact,...but hey, TK, I'm still proud of you ,that you've got your mind still clear ! .(big tits rule).
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Sturmer is a band I should like, but I can't seem to get into their stuff. I'll tell you this; the Fight Club sample on "A Banner Greater Than Death" is probably the worst choice for a sample I've ever had the displeasure of hearing and should be excised from all future prints of this album. Nothing makes my eyes roll more... fuck just thinking about it pisses me off. So stupid!
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only speaking about the demo, not a banner Smile
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldLadyDriver wrote:
I'm only speaking about the demo, not a banner Smile

That's cool. Actually I think I have that demo tucked away somewhere, I might dig it out later and give it another chance.
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it !! with all those bands playing dissonant riffs,...listen it again...and love the straight to the point simpleness of it.
Caina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this for sale/trade on tape if anyone wants it. Original AFAIK. I have the Bloodsword CD and it's pretty good, never gave a shit about this tape though.

EDIT: MA lists three versions, only one official. Got mine YEARS ago, any way to tell which version it is?

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS isnt about original tapes or whatever, its the music and the message thats counts! duplicate as fuck if you want !
Titanic Furor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that demo somewhere when it came out and yes, it fucking blow my mind. at the time I was listening mainly to traditional black metal, but DS came with that brutal and straight to the point music, awesome. Still I can sing the chorus "Europa Erwache, Europa Erwache!".
Surely one of their best releases togheter with new album.
And I would say: that Fight Club quote is fucking cool to me, fits perfectly on that album, maybe is just the wrong song.
UlvhedinGrom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the "Fight Club" sample is great, one of the best movies of all time! "The Blood Calls For W.A.R." is one of the best NSBM albums ever.
JST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Stürmer is one of those bands that has a good song or two, but the rest is just mindnumbing, boring shit.

Although I must give the Der Stürmer guys some credit, they did record one of my favourite black metal releases ever, Wodulf's "Wargus Esto".
Azmoth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some time I prefed the Europa Erwache demo to what they did after then, like Blood calls for war or a Banner. Still, with time passing by, A banner grew on me. I think the Europa demo is more inked in the classical NSBM era.

can somebody list all the samples used on the DS albums ?
SangNord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tour de Garde has copies in stock of the cult Der Stürmer "Europa Erwache!" MC (Demonion Productions, 1999) including the insert with lyrics. These copies of the classic demo are 100% originals and were obtained from a very reliable source.

Sample: http://youtu.be/pKgQHkJ6MAI

Canada: $11.00 CAD postpaid
U.S.A.: $13.50 CAD postpaid
R.O.W.: $16.00 CAD postpaid

Payment via PayPal with the mention "DS - EE demo" in the comment section at tdghq@yahoo.ca

The current exchange rate is about €1.00 EUR = $1.55 CAD / $1.00 USD = $1.40 CAD.
Needless to say that it's a very good time to order from Canada.
EmptinessCycle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favourite DS release, followed by the split with Capricornus (fuck that guy, though).
RobEvil
banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't the Greeks to swarthy looking for Hitlers army?
Widukind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS was important in the context of the rise of NSBM and it was something new when it first appeared, very brutal and relentless bm with very explicit NS content.

Musically, however, I always thought it was kind of limited. The drummachine on those early materials is so poorly programmed and boring, the riffs aren't very memorable, pretty average stuff overall, imo.

But I still enjoy it, probably more for nostalgic reasons. NSBM was perceived by many as something huge at that time, some real revolutionary force, the whole bm thing being raised to the next level. The youthful impulses of destruction and renewal were reaching their climax, we were certain the next thousand years would be ours...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: