P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Judas Priest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your raw deal?
Sad Wings of Destiny
28%
 28%  [ 49 ]
Sin After Sin
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Stained Class
16%
 16%  [ 28 ]
Killing Machine / Hell Bent for Leather
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
British Steel
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Point of Entry
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Screaming for Vengeance
9%
 9%  [ 16 ]
Defenders of the Faith
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Turbo
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Painkiller
18%
 18%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 169

Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
Judas Priest is leaps and bounds better than Iron Maiden.

Are you sure? Judas Priest tried hard to be really mainstream with Killing Machine, British Steel and Point of Entry. And then later tried even more with Turbo. Maiden never went that low.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
The_Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real point in listening to anything after the first 5 albums which are all masterpieces. Can just about tolerate British Steel. Screaming is an abomination with a horrible commercial production. Defenders is ok I suppose... the rest... Fuck off.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Iron Maiden got pretty uninteresting after Seventh Son of a Seventh Son where as Judas Priest was more on and off. That's irrelevant though. I'm only judging Judas Priest's best material vs. Iron Maiden's best material in which case, Judas Priest wins by a landslide.
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
I'm only judging Judas Priest's best material vs. Iron Maiden's best material in which case, Judas Priest wins by a landslide.

100% agreed.

Halford > Bruce & Di'Anno
Downing & Tipton > Smith & Murray
Phillips & Travis > McBrain & Burr

I never really liked Steve's way of writing in Iron Maiden, but I guess he's the better bassist. Whatever. All round I just like Priest better.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stained Class by a hair. 70's Priest is god.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I never really liked Steve's way of writing in Iron Maiden, but I guess he's the better bassist. Whatever. All round I just like Priest better.

You mean you don't like "maiden epics" like Hallowed be thy Name and Sign of the Cross? Hopefully you're unique in that sense. Smile

I prefer Maiden over Priest any day, but don't see why people would compare the two that much. They play pretty different styles, that said I haven't heard all Priest albums so maybe they have "Priest epics" I haven't discovered yet.

Screaming for Vengeance gets my vote.
Bakeneko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a tough choice but I went for Stained Class. My personal favourites are British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance but Stained Class is the killer album to represent the whole genre transition from hard / heavy rock to Heavy Metal. Painkiller was the result, having shitty album like Turbo in between. Such a shame that KK has left the band.
Dalen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not my favorite, but I'll vote Jugulator just for the sake of being contrary, haha. Even in the case Halford wouldn't leave JP, I think this would be their next album either way. It still sounds so fresh to this very day, I'm kinda disappointed they don't play any songs from that one anymore.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to 70s Priest.
cl8on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stained Class and Sin After Sin. Those first five albums are all great though.
hellmask

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my all-time favorite bands. Sad Wings is my favorite album of all-time, by any band in any genre. It is pure perfection from start to finish.

Rocka Rolla, Sin After Sin and Stained Class are all better than anything other than Sabbath.
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
Frozen wrote:

You mean you don't like "maiden epics" like Hallowed be thy Name and Sign of the Cross? Hopefully you're unique in that sense. Smile

I don't like basic chords on top of an intricate bassline. I like a heavy bassline supporting a great riff. That has always been my main gripe with Iron Maiden. They don't have any riffs. Just a shitload of bass and a bunch of super happy sounding leads I rarely care for.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
midgetviolence wrote:
Frozen wrote:

I don't like basic chords on top of an intricate bassline. I like a heavy bassline supporting a great riff. That has always been my main gripe with Iron Maiden. They don't have any riffs. Just a shitload of bass and a bunch of super happy sounding leads I rarely care for.

Aah, I've always been a bass fanatic myself so that's one of the main reasons I've always loved Maiden. They give the bass the space it deserves.
Now that I listen to Priest (Screaming for Vengeance) I can hear that Maiden is very influenced by some guitar leads here hehe.

And Priest is a lot more metal than Maiden in every sense.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
midgetviolence wrote:
Frozen wrote:

Not sure if I agree about the bass thing since Iron Maiden has some killer guitar licks, even if they are written around the bass lines.

Either way, they aren't one of my favorite bands. There isn't much metal (if any) that I like more than Judas Priest.
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I went for Defenders simply because it's so absurdly underrated. The album has so many killer cuts like Freewheel Burning, Jawbreaker and the amazing epic The Sentinel. It is in my humble opinion quite a bit better than Screaming.

Actually,even some older metalheads and bands of this era support that defenders..along with screaming ...are the most metal sounding records ever recorded.
sharp riffs,sound,top high vocals,leather image of those are the essence of our favorite music.The definition of heavy metal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: