P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Virginia Beach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackarts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Virginia Beach? Reply with quote

Turns out I'm going to be in Virginia Beach for the weekend.

Anywhere I can get in on some cool vinyl finds? Or find cool metal shit of some sort? I found one place online, Vinyl Daze, and that seems to be my best bet. The only place I know of even remotely close to Virginia Beach is Vinyl Conflict in Richmond (fucking awesome store).

Thanks everyone.
Saevus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Skinnies Records in Norfolk. I haven't been there personally, but I've been told that they stock a lot of good stuff and also have quite a few rare records for sale. http://www.skinniesrecords.com/

If you're willing to drive farther out into Virginia, there's 3 record stores that I know of here in Charlottesville, Melody Supreme, Plan 9 and Side Tracks. Plan 9 has a lot of random rock records in fair to bad condition, and the occasional quasi-gem. Melody Supreme is vinyl only, and while they don't have a large vinyl section, it's usually harder to find stuff, imports and usually in better condition. Side Tracks is sort of in between the two.

Richmond has a couple of other stores, but the only one I've been to is their Plan 9, which is much bigger than the one here. Worth going to if you're already in Richmond.

Lynchburg has Speaker Tree, which mostly stocks indie and rap vinyl but occasionally gets in a few really good rock and metal LPs. Probably not worth the drive unless you're already passing through though.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have to stop by King Fowley's house to find anything worthwhile in Virginia. Laughing
john matrix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wxmOB1_Ig
Saevus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
Sounds like you have to stop by King Fowley's house to find anything worthwhile in Virginia. Laughing

There's a couple of stores in the whole state that you wouldn't have trouble blowing hundreds on metal vinyl, but otherwise yeah, you need to put in a lot of hours and a lot of miles to find a lot of good stuff.

Also, King lives in Pennsylvania.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saevus wrote:
Morbid Obesity wrote:

There's a couple of stores in the whole state that you wouldn't have trouble blowing hundreds on metal vinyl, but otherwise yeah, you need to put in a lot of hours and a lot of miles to find a lot of good stuff.

Also, King lives in Pennsylvania.

Really? I thought he lived in VA. Embarassed
Maybe I'll have to swing by his place. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: