P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Christian death metal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demonomancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Christian death metal Reply with quote

Anyone cares when you are listening to death metal if the lyrics deal with christianity, love or againt abortion topics like Incubus (Beyond the unknow/Serpent Temptation) does???

Personally, I really matter about that and I stop listening to bands like Incubus or Mortification when I notice about that ... I just can't still listen to that kind of bands, i feel a bit wimp if i do...just cannot listen that bands anymore.

Appreciate you opinion.
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Love Anal Cunt - Picnic of Love Cool
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care too much unless the lyrics are really clear and really annoying. If it was like someone clean-singing "Jeeeesus saves! Jeeeeesus TODAY!" I'd have to turn that shit off. (Of course, really bad Satanic lyrics bother me also.) But if it's normal extreme metal vocals, I don't care. I generally don't listen to metal so closely, while reading along with the lyric sheet, that I would know every word of it. So something like "Serpent Temptation" doesn't bother me, because if you're not paying close attention, it might as well be Sepultura or something.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st 2 records from Mortification are too good to be ignored.
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have nothing i won't hear, cause of this or that.
Mostly i prefer a very good Ideological Intention behind the
work, mostly if someone works a theme out with much
intelligence.

Hmm i hear merzbow Cool
Ichor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Death Metal but rather harsh thrash... a band called BELIEVER... some damn good riffs for sure
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian death metal Reply with quote

demonomancer wrote:
Anyone cares when you are listening to death metal if the lyrics deal with christianity, love or againt abortion topics like Incubus (Beyond the unknow/Serpent Temptation) does???.

for me death metal means DEATH metal, and I dont listein to napalm death for exemple. evrything in topic.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Chicken_Dance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care so much. I, perhaps unfortunately, am more likely to judge the band on how they look apposed to what they believe in.

I only know a few Christian DM bands, and only one that stands out in particular: ACOUSTIC TORMENT.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
The 1st 2 records from Mortification are too good to be ignored.

die for your faith!

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell

Last edited by Morbid69 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian death metal? INCUBUS first album comes to mind, and a great one it is! BELIEVER debut album is great deathrash...LIVING SACRIFICE second album is generic but good death metal (vocals and music)...but really I donīt think a christian death metal band does exist...they might SOUND like death metal, so to make it easy we refer to thema as death metal, but their lyrics are on a different path...anyway, I agree music and lyrics must go together, but when the music is good, I can let the lyrics a bit on the side...by the way I always thought of MORTIFICATION as a very generic and boring band...I know they are the reference for "christian" and "extreme metal" but really I could not get what all the fuss was about...I prefer HORDE in a related band thing, although I always have a big laugh while reading the titls like "Don't move the cross"...ooops, I mean "Invert the iverted cross"...hehe, really hilarious!
Oh, and I think DEVASTATION (TX) had some lyrics that makes me think thy were also..."religius" let's say...
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian death metal Reply with quote

demonomancer wrote:
Anyone cares when you are listening to death metal if the lyrics deal with christianity, love or againt abortion topics like Incubus (Beyond the unknow/Serpent Temptation) does???

Personally, I really matter about that and I stop listening to bands like Incubus or Mortification when I notice about that ... I just can't still listen to that kind of bands, i feel a bit wimp if i do...just cannot listen that bands anymore.

Appreciate you opinion.

Your loss, Incubus did some of the best stuff in Death Metal ever and it seems to me really stupid to ignore them just cuz of their belief. Not talking about the fact that they deserve much more respect for their honesty rather than Deicide's frontman, who married in a church. Fuckin' poser...

Regressive Rape MetalPunk: WWW.HEINOUS.BANDCAMP.COM
demonomancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but i cannot ignore the lyrics...

The Incubus Beyond the unknow was one of my favorite death metal albums, but when I later become to understand english and read the lyrics, i just feel pissed off and cannot listen it anymore. If i play that album i just feel im betraying myself and well, i don't listen metal only cause i like the guitar riff, the fast drums or something like...the felling is very important for me

metal is not only music
Chicken_Dance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonomancer wrote:

The Incubus Beyond the unknow was one of my favorite death metal albums, but when I later become to understand english and read the lyrics, i just feel pissed off and cannot listen it anymore. If i play that album i just feel im betraying myself and well, i don't listen metal only cause i like the guitar riff, the fast drums or something like...the felling is very important for me

metal is not only music

Sorry comrade, the problem is with you, not the music! Organized religion is poisonous and passe' -- we all know that. But treating it like such a taboo makes you sound even more pious than those you are disregarding...

Read the old testament, man, it's "darker" than any death metal lyrics!!
Ichor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MESSIAH's "Rotten Perish" had christian lyrics... still a good thrash/death album
Mz412

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonomancer wrote:

metal is not only music

Do you like Hellhammer or Celtic Frost?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: