P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paysage D'Hiver - Das Tor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little_raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the tape worth it? I mean, extra special booklet which smells of cider or something? Haven't seen any pictures.
thus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fancy packaging (thankfully).
cl8on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoolslave wrote:
I'm just waiting for bands like PdH to not even bother recording anything and just selling blank tapes/vinyls....I wonder how long it would take before these hoarders figure it out...probably at least 2-3 resales with inflated prices on jewgay.

Right on. Laughing
Smaragd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
I passed on the tape because not only was it overpriced, but the label forced you to buy something else that you probably didn't want or need by making the minimum order 1 euro more than the tape. I decided that I wasn't going to support such a shitty practice. Will hopefully pick up the lp or if it comes to it, the cd. Great album though I gotta say.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with a distro having a minimum value order. It's not like they make everything in their shop one cent cheaper than the minimum. I personally used the opportunity to pick up some of the other Paysage d'Hiver CDs that I didn't have yet, and I ended up with free shipping. I got those CDs cheaper than I was able to find them in the US.
Dalen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite true, I had this on mind for future orders. It would be quite worth it that way, but I couldn't afford spending an extra 80 eur that month
Kerker_aus_zeit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if somebody has a copy for trade or sale, PM me.
Lot of rare stuff for trade. I've missed this...
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leak is all over the place. So just download it, dub it on tape, make your own cover - et voilà!
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
The leak is all over the place. So just download it, dub it on tape, make your own cover - et voilà!

another great way to circumvent the issue is doing dub trades (which surprisingly most seem resistant to the idea of having non originals, or making a copy of some kvltifact which has come to define them. that or just plain too lazy to attempt, im not really sure) I've made this proposition several times with various users and it always surprises me how many "tape heads" there are out there who are clueless or basically unwilling to make dubs and a simple xerox copy

that said, anyone keen on doing duplicate trades, feel free to PM me Wink

Last edited by lordoftherim on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% in favor of trading dubs. I actually have more fun doing that than selling or trading stuff outright. I haven't had a working dual tape deck for over 10 years though. I need to pick up a cheap one around town somewhere.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I am 100% in favor of trading dubs. I actually have more fun doing that than selling or trading stuff outright. I haven't had a working dual tape deck for over 10 years though. I need to pick up a cheap one around town somewhere.

exactly! if you ever get a new dual deck and dubbing capabilities, drop me a line. obvious suggestions on finding a decent deck would be craigs list, or a reliable local shop that deals in used equipment. I got my technics deck from a record shop that did used stereo equipment on the side and it only cost me $25. funny, while cassettes are still "semi" UG, you can find quality brand decks for cheap in the right places, where as now with the vinyl explosion, every POS used turntable seems to be marked at like $75+ (in shops) regardless of brand or quality and folks still eat it up Rolling Eyes
Rósachd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been given a strange response when I asked certain people if they fancied dub trading. Knocks the value right out of their jew gold if someone is willing to trade a copy for something rather than sell it at a similar price. I too am interested in dub trading with anyone who wants to send me their dub list. Sold out releases only. (I don't have this release in question however)
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had numerous requests in my wantlist for various dubs in recent years and not one person has ever sent me a message about it. Sure, I don't ask for dubs often, but it's funny that I've had no takers. Nowadays I wouldn't be interested in dubbing anything other than demos, but it's still a good idea.

When I first got into metal I basically had about 5 real releases and a humongous pile of dubbed stuff. I wish I still had all of it.
Rósachd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "Does anyone have a dub of:" thread might be a good idea.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rósachd wrote:
A "Does anyone have a dub of:" thread might be a good idea.

just make em work a little harder for it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: