P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Canada Post /// Strike (possibly to probably)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Canada Post /// Strike (possibly to probably) Reply with quote

Just a heads up... its looking like Canada post, delivery workers and distribution centers are going on strike at the end of the month (September) ...the usual union wage disputes unresolved... no contract since it expired sometime last year already, so who knows how long that fucks up everything up here for.
windofpain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's been a while since the last one, were due for another
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, I feel like the last one wasn’t even that long ago?

Anyway fuck the suits, solidarity to the workers!
fantomasragnarok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh fuck not again !!! Mad
glwdrk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Sheesh, I feel like the last one wasn’t even that long ago?

Anyway fuck the suits, solidarity to the workers!

Exactly. Fuck nailbiting mouthbreathers waiting for their Goatfago records, more power and more money to the workers.
Fullmoon91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally support the postal workers, though this is still shitty.
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada post is as far as I know the most expensive postal system in the world and is terribly run. I stopped buying stuff from Canada years ago because of the sky high prices.

It's also the only postal system that I ever heard of that charges the sender the same postage price again that it cost to ship an item if it's undelivered and has to be returned.

All this strike will do is hike prices even more, if the workers end up getting more money it certainly won't come out of the current company profits.
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:

It's also the only postal system that I ever heard of that charges the sender the same postage price again that it cost to ship an item if it's undelivered and has to be returned.

USPS does this as well.
GuilioCrippler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support the workers. My mailman is awesome and babies my packages. Plus my brother works for them.

Canada Post being expensive and stupid isn't the fault of the workers but the idiot Pitney Bowes exec Harper put in charge of it to ensure it sucks.
windofpain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuilioCrippler wrote:
I support the workers. My mailman is awesome and babies my packages.

this.

my mailman is great, we're on a first name basis and he takes really good care of anything he delivers me. they work their asses off, work in a miserable outdoor environment 50%+ of the year, and are generally pretty solid.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Such a massive heavily populated employee type unionized organization like this has lots of hard workers compensating equally for just as many useless lazy fucks... but the only way to ever get fired from a job like this is to either steal, be a total racist, or somehow display gross insubordination, being lazy or slow is a special needs or whatever type ailment. City garbage department ran exactly the same. 99% of the workers would maybe load a 10 ton truck with 6 ton and call it a day, that became the acceptable standard so more workers hired... taxes increase to cover it and pay increases for less work done. This sort of fucked cycle just persists year after year. Paid more, do less... you could probably graph chart this with all the statistics these organizations love to collect... but would never reveal.

I imagine the postal union is no different.
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the service being expensive is not the fault of the workers but these actions will just make the service more expensive as other strikes have done in the past.

I am not saying some of them don't work hard but it's a choice nobody is forcing them to work for Canada post if they don't like it get a different job somewhere else. Most of us work in hard jobs and feel we are under paid it's just a fact of life. But we all don't have the option of holding the public hostage in order for our demands to be met.

As for the postman babying the packages that's his job he's suppose to make sure your package arrives in perfect condition it's what your paying for and what he gets paid to do.
fantomasragnarok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30$/ an hour + advantages. What more do they want? Harper was about to totally put them out of work thats why those posts fuckers voted massively for Trudeau. I got no sympathy whatsoever, Sorry. My hate for Trudeau is too strong.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled the wages, not entirely clear... or that high, but I suspect part of the issue is the bloated work force more than anything and under worked really... just all hard at work in invented beaurocracy nonsense than actual postal volume output.

Government... its no wonder they had to contract out highway maintenance haha
No way a country could afford to afford agencies paid at the work/pay ratio these unions deem deserved. Bloated cess pools really. A private company would sink miserably operated and staffed like these government facilities the very first year in debts never climbed out of again.

Ironic. Government hemorages money out, continuous loss... private makes so much profits at the workers expense... is there anywhere that isnt fucked on this planet?
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People not retiring which causes new hires to be brought on part contract/part time, I think these are the more relevant issues than “$30/h wanting more”.

Plus like any government agency the new hires are definitely not getting nearly $30/h, less vacation, less pension, less benefits, less hours. These are legit concerns for anyone, union or otherwise. At least the unions have the ability to do something about it, unlike the private sector who just tell you to bend over and take it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: