P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Repugnant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treghet wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Repugnant is a decent band, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm sick of is seeing people praise this band till no end, and even going so far as to say it's a top album in the genre (implying its on par with Altars, Mental Funeral, Seven Churches, Last Ones on Earth and so on).

Ridiculous.


Nice backpedaling. You went from agreeing they're washed up generic shit


Really, where?

They aren't VON ( Cool ) so I cannot say they are horrible. Decent at best. (read above)

Point remains the same. This band doesn't deserve even half the worship they receive. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alastor R.



Joined: 15 May 2009
Posts: 630
Location: Courbevoie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
treghet wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Repugnant is a decent band, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm sick of is seeing people praise this band till no end, and even going so far as to say it's a top album in the genre (implying its on par with Altars, Mental Funeral, Seven Churches, Last Ones on Earth and so on).

Ridiculous.


Nice backpedaling. You went from agreeing they're washed up generic shit


Really, where?

They aren't VON ( Cool ) so I cannot say they are horrible. Decent at best. (read above)

Point remains the same. This band doesn't deserve even half the worship they receive. Wink


Yeah. Maybe you deserve to be worshipped because of your crappy posting.
_________________
Die faggot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slaughter



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treghet wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Repugnant is a decent band, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm sick of is seeing people praise this band till no end, and even going so far as to say it's a top album in the genre (implying its on par with Altars, Mental Funeral, Seven Churches, Last Ones on Earth and so on).

Ridiculous.


Nice backpedaling. You went from agreeing they're washed up generic shit to they're a decent band. Laughing

Yeah, clearly a retard.

Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Total posts: 1328
[0.20% of total / 4.11 posts per day]

Maybe these kind of guys are the reason for this forum being such a bad read nowadays? This guy even had to write his shit talk on both Repugnant threads. It would be nice to at least have some reasoning.

And yes, Im a Repugnant fanboy and Epitome Of Darkness is one of my favorite albums. You really have to have no knowledge about Death Metal if you call this album generic.

Btw, Another Vision is the greatest cover by a Death Metal band ever!


Last edited by Slaughter on Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1110
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
See, this is why i'm sick of all this kids around the forum.

How could anyone that has a genuine love for GOOD thrash/death metal say that an album as "epitome of darkness" is washed up generic shit?

Why don't you kids learn to play some instruments and do your own groundbreaking albums? When that happens, iŽll be the first to say: "yeah, this guy is right. He says Repugnant is shit but hell, he made an hell of a record himself."

Damn i'm getting sick of reading this forum because of freaks like this.


Its generic in the sense that there are literally 50,000 shit bands like Bastard Priest, Kaamos, Excoriate, insert X Dismember/Grave clone that gets fellated over by retards in nu-death metal scene. I guess its solid to the extent that if you like a flaccid chainsaw guitar tone, and another worthless Entombed/Dismember clone atop a heap of other awful clone bands then sure they're decent.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. I'll praise Repugnant from now on to get your guys' approval. I don't know what I was thinking, posting something negative in a NWN thread. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alastor R.



Joined: 15 May 2009
Posts: 630
Location: Courbevoie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:
treghet wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Repugnant is a decent band, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm sick of is seeing people praise this band till no end, and even going so far as to say it's a top album in the genre (implying its on par with Altars, Mental Funeral, Seven Churches, Last Ones on Earth and so on).

Ridiculous.


Nice backpedaling. You went from agreeing they're washed up generic shit to they're a decent band. Laughing

Yeah, clearly a retard.

Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Total posts: 1328
[0.20% of total / 4.11 posts per day]

Maybe these kind of guys are the reason for this forum being such a bad read nowadays? This guy even had to write his shit talk on both Repugnant threads. It would be nice to at least have some reasoning.

And yes, Im a Repugnant fanboy and Epitome Of Darkness is one of my favorite albums. You really have to have no knowledge about Death Metal if you call this album generic.


Exactly what i meant with my other post above. Assholes who have more than thousand post in less than a year posting, mainly to say senseless shit. That's the reason why this forum is becoming less and less appealing to read. Stupid polls, stupid faggots complaining about every other band...

And for the record, nobody said Epitome of Darkness is as important and influential as Altars or Seven Churches. But that doesn't mean its "average" and "generic". You have to be deaf or have really no taste in music to not be able to recognize the killer riffs, catchy (in a good way) songwriting, drumming, etc.
_________________
Die faggot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:

You really have to have no knowledge about Death Metal...

..Another Vision is the greatest cover by a Death Metal band ever!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alastor R.



Joined: 15 May 2009
Posts: 630
Location: Courbevoie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
See, this is why i'm sick of all this kids around the forum.

How could anyone that has a genuine love for GOOD thrash/death metal say that an album as "epitome of darkness" is washed up generic shit?

Why don't you kids learn to play some instruments and do your own groundbreaking albums? When that happens, iŽll be the first to say: "yeah, this guy is right. He says Repugnant is shit but hell, he made an hell of a record himself."

Damn i'm getting sick of reading this forum because of freaks like this.


Its generic in the sense that there are literally 50,000 shit bands like Bastard Priest, Kaamos, Excoriate, insert X Dismember/Grave clone that gets fellated over by retards in nu-death metal scene. I guess its solid to the extent that if you like a flaccid chainsaw guitar tone, and another worthless Entombed/Dismember clone atop a heap of other awful clone bands then sure they're decent.


You are another one. You should be shot just for saying that Kaamos and Excoriate were shit bands. But i'm sure your 5+ years of hearing "extreme" metal made you an expert in the subject.
_________________
Die faggot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Slaughter wrote:
treghet wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Repugnant is a decent band, nothing more, nothing less. What I'm sick of is seeing people praise this band till no end, and even going so far as to say it's a top album in the genre (implying its on par with Altars, Mental Funeral, Seven Churches, Last Ones on Earth and so on).

Ridiculous.


Nice backpedaling. You went from agreeing they're washed up generic shit to they're a decent band. Laughing

Yeah, clearly a retard.

Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Total posts: 1328
[0.20% of total / 4.11 posts per day]

Maybe these kind of guys are the reason for this forum being such a bad read nowadays? This guy even had to write his shit talk on both Repugnant threads. It would be nice to at least have some reasoning.

And yes, Im a Repugnant fanboy and Epitome Of Darkness is one of my favorite albums. You really have to have no knowledge about Death Metal if you call this album generic.


Exactly what i meant with my other post above. Assholes who have more than thousand post in less than a year posting, mainly to say senseless shit. That's the reason why this forum is becoming less and less appealing to read. Stupid polls, stupid faggots complaining about every other band...

And for the record, nobody said Epitome of Darkness is as important and influential as Altars or Seven Churches. But that doesn't mean its "average" and "generic". You have to be deaf or have really no taste in music to not be able to recognize the killer riffs, catchy (in a good way) songwriting, drumming, etc.


Putting the whining aside. I did not say that you people claim the album to be "influential" or "important, but some of you do claim it's one of the best albums ever, along with Altars of Madness and the aforementioned. Which I find to be completely fucking ridiculous. Even if it is a solid album.
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21380&highlight=nwn+members+forum

Funny. I disagree with your opinion and I'm a worthless troll, yet here you are whining and preaching about how and why it's a great album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Zone wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
See, this is why i'm sick of all this kids around the forum.

How could anyone that has a genuine love for GOOD thrash/death metal say that an album as "epitome of darkness" is washed up generic shit?

Why don't you kids learn to play some instruments and do your own groundbreaking albums? When that happens, iŽll be the first to say: "yeah, this guy is right. He says Repugnant is shit but hell, he made an hell of a record himself."

Damn i'm getting sick of reading this forum because of freaks like this.


Its generic in the sense that there are literally 50,000 shit bands like Bastard Priest, Kaamos, Excoriate, insert X Dismember/Grave clone that gets fellated over by retards in nu-death metal scene. I guess its solid to the extent that if you like a flaccid chainsaw guitar tone, and another worthless Entombed/Dismember clone atop a heap of other awful clone bands then sure they're decent.


You are another one. You should be shot just for saying that Kaamos and Excoriate were shit bands. But i'm sure your 5+ years of hearing "extreme" metal made you an expert in the subject.


Haha. So anyone who doesn't praise the bands you enjoy is obviously new to the scene and a disgrace to Metal
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slaughter



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
My apologies. I'll praise Repugnant from now on to get your guys' approval. I don't know what I was thinking, posting something negative in a NWN thread. Embarassed

Everyone saw this post coming from miles away. You fail in sarcasm as bad as you failed in your trash talk about Repugnant.

Is it so hard to write some of the main points that you find lacking on Epitome Of Darkness? Instead you write four posts where you just state that it's overrated and generic, which I dont think make any sense.

Give the album more spins, maybe you'll learn to love it. Who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I will
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alastor R.



Joined: 15 May 2009
Posts: 630
Location: Courbevoie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
Zone wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
See, this is why i'm sick of all this kids around the forum.

How could anyone that has a genuine love for GOOD thrash/death metal say that an album as "epitome of darkness" is washed up generic shit?

Why don't you kids learn to play some instruments and do your own groundbreaking albums? When that happens, iŽll be the first to say: "yeah, this guy is right. He says Repugnant is shit but hell, he made an hell of a record himself."

Damn i'm getting sick of reading this forum because of freaks like this.


Its generic in the sense that there are literally 50,000 shit bands like Bastard Priest, Kaamos, Excoriate, insert X Dismember/Grave clone that gets fellated over by retards in nu-death metal scene. I guess its solid to the extent that if you like a flaccid chainsaw guitar tone, and another worthless Entombed/Dismember clone atop a heap of other awful clone bands then sure they're decent.


You are another one. You should be shot just for saying that Kaamos and Excoriate were shit bands. But i'm sure your 5+ years of hearing "extreme" metal made you an expert in the subject.


Haha. So anyone who doesn't praise the bands you enjoy is obviously new to the scene and a disgrace to Metal
Laughing


Not "the bands i enjoy", but if someone is dumb enough to say they like Death Metal and say this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJnDLDPER4 is shit...then yeah, they're a disgrace to the scene and should be severely beaten.
_________________
Die faggot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3608
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Epitome of Darkness" is UNDOUBTEDLY one of the best death metal albums post 2000.

It is not a clone of anything. It is very different from Kaamos and they influenced most Swedish DM bands of the last 5-6 years.

Retards will, PROUDLY, claim otherwise because, again, they are such brilliant anticonformists with so much individuality and independance of thoughts. They clearly have to PROVE how badass and TRVE they are.

The funny part being that they dont realize how utterly cliché they are themselves, being the unavoidable dissenting troll every single internet forum is filled with.
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Petrificado



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 573
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get into Epitome of Darkness several times. Just couldn't get into it, past the first track I just found it boring.

Does this mean I'm not allowed to play anymore? Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group