P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lantern
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisehunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Lantern Reply with quote

Not that many know this finnish two piece horde yet, unfortunate that is. Few may have some Cacodaemon (the predecessor of Lantern) material on their demo and CD collections. Some of you have read about them on Barb Wire 'zine lately and some even have had the pleasure of listening to their first demo.
Anyway, I've been watching close aside how Cruciatus' songwriting and ideas are evolving from a release to another and his creations reaching levels way beyond standard Death or Black Metal. The roots and influences are heard of course, but there's something very unique in the way the songs turn out in the end. The leads, drumming, killer riffs and lyrics all have their places and the whole atmosphere is just possessing, making (at least me) want to give spin after spin to this stuff. Still there has not been a label to realize the greatness of this band and that's very amusing, and making me to start this thread. I hope someone finds out the potential in this band and is willing to give a proper treatment on their new recordings that would make one of the finest finnish Death/Black Metal releases ever IMHO.
Go and have a listen to this stuff for few times, read the lyrics. There's so much to be found!

Visit the website for bio, lyrics (incl. the forthcoming release ones too!) and myspace for tasters of old, present and forthcoming material.

http://lantern.dy.fi
http://www.myspace.com/cacodaemon666
rauta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing the first demo I was certain that someone would grab the band immediately.
FallenChrist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lantern was interviewed for the first issue of my zine. I'm surprised to see that Virgin Taste... didn't end up making more of a mark. They were supposed to record a demo and appear on some comp last time I checked with them, but I'm not sure if any of that has materialized...
Kaosbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are on Metal on Metal III comp. CD with such bands as Incriminated, Rivologi, Exordium, Bloodhammer + more...
Noisehunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaosbringer wrote:
They are on Metal on Metal III comp. CD with such bands as Incriminated, Rivologi, Exordium, Bloodhammer + more...

Yup, certainly forgot to mention your and Metal Warning's part and support to Lantern/Cacodaemon, sorry mates. Still, not much response here and I'm just kept fucking amused. I wish I had the cash around. Wouldn't hesitate a fucking minute to put this forthcoming stuff out. Where are the folks who see/hear the potential here and share some praise to a work that is truly worth it? World is full of 2nd rate crap copycat -Metal etc. but once there's someone doing it the way that really differs and makes fucking sense, none is to back up. I am certainly dissapointed to, specially to the finnish labels, you all are missing too much right now. First missing a band like W.A.I.L. and now this one, just un"fucking"believable.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs to sound like a second rate Blasphemy, Beherit or Conqueror to do well here. Or failing that they could rip off Entombed instead.

Anyway I'm going to have to agree, this is seriously good stuff. Are they having problems releasing the second tape or funding it?
Noisehunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Anyway I'm going to have to agree, this is seriously good stuff. Are they having problems releasing the second tape or funcing it?

They both are working people, so IMO it's not about the funds really. The new - forthcoming - material is about to be spread as a promotional tape and CD-R, unless some label wouldn't catch them on their rosters. It's a fucking miracle none of the many labels around here in Finland alone is not taking this band.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly release this stuff myself but would need help funding it and besides I can only really afford to do tape releases at this moment in time. Already helped out one Finnish band anyway.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I hear on myspace. Hopefully their material becomes more widely available.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any direct contacts to the band?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats some decent stuff, thanks for the link and heads up.
Noisehunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, the myspace site is held up by Cruciatus and the website has working e-mail address available. Keep it going, I heard there's been quite a few demo orders since putting up this topic.
ReichnRoll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lantern is getting all my support, so was Cacodaemon.

Great music with a truely original approach, well crafted yet not artificial; lyrics quite simple but still adding that 'something' in terms of atmosphere to the sounds and a definitely humble attitude from the band members.

A quick chat with the guy, or reading his answers to an interview, says more about his band and views than anything I could write here, and is also giving a preview on how in-depth and beyond Lantern is.

The first demo was close to excellence, I'm really expecting something outstanding for the second one.
xk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There next release will be done by me sometime over the next couple of months. Currently art and artists are being considered.
SHAND

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to release something by these guys! They deserve it for sure...

blewcheer wrote:
Some of you guys need to quit being such whiny faggots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: