P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hyped Metal albums of the 90's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downtuned & Morbid

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
When some average Joe calls Possessed a mediocre Slayer clone while praising Six Feet Under there is just too unintentional stupidity to let it go unpunished.

No-one surely would disagree with that statement.

Kids in the 80s or 90s had to earn their metal stripes through blood, sweat and sent-back stamps.

They (we) had more respect for older metalheads with their great knowledge and even greater record collections, tales of going to great gigs, back issues of Metal Forces, etc etc.

Nowadays, there is zero dedication and commitment required. One can download all the music, watch yesterday's gig on youtube, read some shitty website and come on forums (incl this one) where no-one knows who they really are, assume the desired persona and come out with the kind of crap that NK7 referred to.

They arrived at Teitanblood via Slipknot via Limp Bizkit via Will Smith... all in the space of six months.

(could have said W*t*n really, but don't want to get thy thread chopped...)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Downtuned & Morbid

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
When some average Joe calls Possessed a mediocre Slayer clone while praising Six Feet Under there is just too unintentional stupidity to let it go unpunished.

Kids in the 80s or 90s had to earn their metal stripes through blood, sweat and sent-back stamps.

They (we) had more respect for older metalheads with their great knowledge and even greater record collections, tales of going to great gigs, back issues of Metal Forces, etc etc.

Nowadays, there is zero dedication and commitment required. One can download all the music, watch yesterday's gig on youtube, read some shitty website and come on forums (incl this one) where no-one knows who they really are, assume the desired persona and come out with the kind of crap that NK7 referred to.

They arrived at Teitanblood via Slipknot via Limp Bizkit via Will Smith... all in the space of six months.

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downtuned & Morbid wrote:
NK7 wrote:

Best post I've ever read on this board.
ADK

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! When older metalheads talked, we shut up and listened with great interest. This natural respect is also something which is completely gone today thanks to internet and also probably bad parenting, no every little asshole can call you an asshole via message board because of the absent physical factor.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:

Absolutely! When older metalheads talked, we shut up and listened with great interest. This natural respect is also something which is completely gone today thanks to internet and also probably bad parenting, no every little asshole can call you an asshole via message board because of the absent physical factor.

As one of the younger (I think) posters here I would usually agree with this. But...
Thanks to the internet the art of discussion have vanished. And older generations are (almost) as much to blame as the younger ones. Instead of it being interesting discussions about how a certain album was recieved back in the days and other things that could be interesting for younger people all I ever read is: "Kids are gay, internet is gayer and everything today sucks".
Although I kinda agree with that as well it gets boring in the end.
Zone

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

You must be pretty fucking retarded or intentionally hyperbolic to believe anyone other than some idiot redneck or 16 year old Slovenian kid who listens to death n roll would ever make that statement. Either way that is the first and only occurrence mentioning those two bands will ever take place.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
And older generations are (almost) as much to blame as the younger ones. Instead of it being interesting discussions about how a certain album was recieved back in the days and other things that could be interesting for younger people all I ever read is: "Kids are gay, internet is gayer and everything today sucks".

Said it once, I'll say it again: personally I have nothing against young metal fans as long as their attitude is honest. I think I already mentioned Humus as an example of that, guy is fairly young yet proved to know his shit, to my eyes he looks like the kind of dude who sincerely likes metal and gained his knowledge through years of hard dedication (= $$ spent on records, travelling hundreds of miles to see gigs etc). He keeps a low, humble profile and you never see him post bold know-it-all statements -I like that, you know. And mind you, I often find myself disagreeing with him on several bands and records, but I totally respect it since he always explains why and what he dislikes about a given album.

But then of course you have the dipshits who got into metal three years ago via youtube yet behave like they're the be all and end all of metal, now that is a completely different issue which I have zero respect for. I mean you see these cunts bash Manowar and Priest "because they're gay" while praising to no end worthless shit like Satanic Warmaster and acting like they're scene pioneers when they barely know Asphyx. Well, that strikes my nerve and I feel entitled to bash the faggots mercilessly -and if I get banned so be it, at least it was for a good cause.
Zone

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Suck the dick of mediocre old bands and lament at the fact you aren't 46 years old with Cradle of filth LPS lecturing people about true metal.

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
bla blahh blaa

Just what I said about retarded newcomers thinking they're smart.
Zone

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

midgetviolence

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
midgetviolence wrote:
And older generations are (almost) as much to blame as the younger ones. Instead of it being interesting discussions about how a certain album was recieved back in the days and other things that could be interesting for younger people all I ever read is: "Kids are gay, internet is gayer and everything today sucks".

Said it once, I'll say it again: personally I have nothing against young metal fans as long as their attitude is honest. I think I already mentioned Humus as an example of that, guy is fairly young yet proved to know his shit, to my eyes he looks like the kind of dude who sincerely likes metal and gained his knowledge through years of hard dedication (= $$ spent on records, travelling hundreds of miles to see gigs etc). He keeps a low, humble profile and you never see him post bold know-it-all statements -I like that, you know. And mind you, I often find myself disagreeing with him on several bands and records, but I totally respect it since he always explains why and what he dislikes about a given album.

But then of course you have the dipshits who got into metal three years ago via youtube yet behave like they're the be all and end all of metal, now that is a completely different issue which I have zero respect for. I mean you see these cunts bash Manowar and Priest "because they're gay" while praising to no end worthless shit like Satanic Warmaster and acting like they're scene pioneers when they barely know Asphyx. Well, that strikes my nerve and I feel entitled to bash the faggots mercilessly -and if I get banned so be it, at least it was for a good cause.

Yes I agree that the "know it all" attitude of my generation is disgusting. And I really hate 99 % of all metal fans in my own age. I was raised with Slayer and Iron Maiden and there's way too many sons of bitches today who say these bands "really aren't that good". While still being "into" metal. That makes me just as pissed as it makes you older people, since these bands are a part of me even though I was not around when The Number of the Beast or Show no Mercy were released.

"Sold my soul to the Devil" when I was 11 years old and listened to The Antichrist. And though that (of course) seems really silly to me today I'm still amazed how into those records I were already in that age.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to meet the NK7 who first got into metal. Im sure he was very humble, started straight off with Sodom, and sat around and listened to the wisdom of the old timers with nothing but complete respect for their opinions.
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihslahm wrote:
I'll have to say, I have been listening to Slayer since 84 and I can tell you first hand that it is the kids that have been ruining the scene as long as I can remember. Even my older sister will swear it was the kids that ruined the scene when she was 14 and listening to Black Sabbath and AC/DC.

This is my point here. Go back as far as you like and the older fans still were dissapointed with the young whippersnappers.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

Well, why would you expect a younger metalhead to respect an older metalhead who's just going to blurt out how much young metalheads suck?
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihslahm wrote:
I'll have to say, I have been listening to Slayer since 84 and I can tell you first hand that it is the kids that have been ruining the scene as long as I can remember. Even my older sister will swear it was the kids that ruined the scene when she was 14 and listening to Black Sabbath and AC/DC.

I discovered Slayer at the same time. The attitude among my friends was "who cares about Van Halen or Thin Lizzy or even Ozzy. METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!" An older friend of mine actually sat me down one time and wanted to play some Judas Priest, to show me how "my music" had developed. My response was, "fuck that. Let's listen to Nuclear Assault."

And, since I'm confessing the idiocy of my youth, I was pretty unimpressed with Seven Churches when it was released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: