P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

German Postal Service to the USA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQ Booking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: German Postal Service to the USA Reply with quote

So I ordered two records and a tape from Germany approximately six weeks ago and nothing has shown up. This is a bit weird as nothing from Germany ever takes that long to show up to my door—usually three weeks at the very most! I've had a package that was sent to Germany held at their customs' office but that was like two years ago and it hasn't happened since.

I guess my question is has anyone had a similar experience? The distro I ordered is reliable (thought this is my first time ordering from there) so this is pretty weird. The good news is that _____ agreed to refund my money back if the package doesn't arrive this Saturday but, still, I would love to have the LP's...
Holocaust

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: German Postal Service to the USA Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
So I ordered two records and a tape from Germany approximately six weeks ago and nothing has shown up. This is a bit weird as nothing from Germany ever takes that long to show up to my door—usually three weeks at the very most! I've had a package that was sent to Germany held at their customs' office but that was like two years ago and it hasn't happened since.

I guess my question is has anyone had a similar experience? The distro I ordered is reliable (thought this is my first time ordering from there) so this is pretty weird. The good news is that _____ agreed to refund my money back if the package doesn't arrive this Saturday but, still, I would love to have the LP's...

hmm. always get registered shipping for international.

Got an order from germany, took a week and a half.
Descension

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few (three?) parcels go missing inbound from Germany. Very rare in terms of percentage though. One was even sent Registered Mail. Received a letter from German DP asking if I had received the Registered parcel. I marked "No" and sent it back. Never received it, or any follow up for that matter, unfortunately.
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - same thing happened with me - when I ordered the sadistic execution pic disc box set directly from KBTMT - it took forever and we had a tracking number from dhl Germany. I was almost convinced it was a MIA package -but it arrived after 9 weeks....
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassDoomFan wrote:
yes - same thing happened with me - when I ordered the sadistic execution pic disc box set directly from KBTMT - it took forever and we had a tracking number from dhl Germany. I was almost convinced it was a MIA package -but it arrived after 9 weeks....

Similar experience ordering a KTHRSS LP from a private seller on Discogs. Then again, just had a tape come from SV n what was probably 3-4 days.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
jv

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it can take a while for a package to arrive from Germany. I know I've had to wait a while a couple times.
The Exorcist

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can tell for Chile, it took about 6 days for a record to arrive (reg. airmail)
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, German post is sketchy at times. I plan a month for trades coming from Germany and that's usually how long it takes...I've had them take longer before too.
SalvationDistro

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably stuck at the customs and it is happening quite often.
Last parcel they picked on was sitting there for 45 days.

I would suggest you to wait a bit longer and definitely register your future orders.
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a tape to Germany registered and still took about 5 weeks. Sent a CD to The Netherlands first class international and took under 2 weeks. It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had problems ordering from nuclear blast ger, century media ger, ironbonehead prod, or any other german distros that are escaping me at the moment. i'm in the usa and i've always received the packages, unregistered, in 1 week. sad to hear you didn't get your package, that's never a good thing and i certainly would never want it to happen to me.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on various things (like the service, way of sending - letter - parcel etc.). It is just the other way around; when i order or trade stuff from overseas it usually takes about 2 weeks, though sometimes 3 or 4. Lately i traded with a guy from Mexico and his part arrived within 4 days... Many things play a role. Also, when the parcel etc. left Europe, it is not really wise to blame the German or whatever post...
snt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experiences with Europe, parcels only from Germany takes 4-6 weeks Confused From other EU states always arrives in 1-2 weeks.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGruff the Crime Dog still needs to do some sniffing.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany is touch and go. I had a huge 20lbs order show up in 8 days, then the next week I ordered 1 CD and it took over a month. But yeah, if you didn't pay for registered mail with tracking you're playing with fire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: