P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HAPPY WITH PAYPAL DISPUTES.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordnausea

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: HAPPY WITH PAYPAL DISPUTES. Reply with quote

I think that the posibility to open a PAYPAL DISPUTE is one something that makes worth to use PAYPAL.

It works very good with the lazy and inefective labels.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/07mgl
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now debating on whether to sell Moonsorrow materials to you ...

Trigger happy disputers = label's worst nightmare.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Petrificado

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread will undoubtedly cause a huge shitstorm, but here's my two cents:

In theory it is definitely good to be able to file claims against ripoffs. The problem is that paypal needs to have a longer window for filing, say 2-3 months instead of just 45 days. Packages from totally reliable sellers can take much longer than 45 days to arrive and that makes nervous, impatient people file the claims more quickly and with less thought. I think I've filed 1 or 2 claims in the 12+ years I've had a paypal account simply because there was no reason to believe I was getting ripped off in that short timeframe. So for me the function isn't that useful.

So I guess I like the ability to file claims but it would be nice if the system wasn't set up to encourage frivolous assholes to bug the shit out of sellers.
Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One buyer filed a PayPal claim within 30 seconds of processing his order.

That guy is now banned from our store.

Blood Music
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for my Damnation EPs to arrive, can't file a paypal dispute anymore Crying or Very sad
lordnausea

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:

Does your label spend more than 45 days since you have received the payment to dispatch an order?

Im sure that the answer is no, so sell me those MOONSORROW lps!!

Razz

under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:

Ok, I have to know what the reason for that was???

I have filed exactly one paypal claim and that was when a cellphone provider somehow took about twice as much money as they should have then claimed when i called that they received no money at all. I received a refund the next morning. There was another instance where I should have, but the 45 days had expired. Some ebay dickhead in Canada that ripped me off of a noise tape comp.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

In theory it is definitely good to be able to file claims against ripoffs. The problem is that paypal needs to have a longer window for filing, say 2-3 months instead of just 45 days. Packages from totally reliable sellers can take much longer than 45 days to arrive and that makes nervous, impatient people file the claims more quickly and with less thought. I think I've filed 1 or 2 claims in the 12+ years I've had a paypal account simply because there was no reason to believe I was getting ripped off in that short timeframe. So for me the function isn't that useful.

So I guess I like the ability to file claims but it would be nice if the system wasn't set up to encourage frivolous assholes to bug the shit out of sellers.

I think if the label can show that they have sent the stuff (with a bill, registered postage) PAYPAL will give the reason to the label, because they made the work correctly.

Humus

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some records from the guy behind a wellknown underground label from the past, who was selling on ebay. I asked for his bank account number and he said to give him a few days because no-one had ever asked for it.

Have people become so paranoid that they think any payment not done with paypal will be a rip-off? Or are they so lazy that they don't want to make a bank transfer, even if it takes about one minute more of their time in these days of internet banking?

With all the fees you end up paying you could buy yourself some nice records. But it seems everybody is keen on maximizing profits for some multinational corporation who -the few times I needed them- never was able to send me anything but standardised replies.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

I think if the label can show that they have sent the stuff (with a bill, registered postage) PAYPAL will give the reason to the label, because they made the work correctly.

I bet most sellers on this board will have multiple stories that go in the opposite direction (paypal siding with obvious ripoff buyers).
Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
Blood Music wrote:

Does your label spend more than 45 days since you have received the payment to dispatch an order?

Razz

In some cases, yes. But we always respond within 1-2 days if there is a concern. Vinyl production has skyrocketed so much that the current wait time from submitting a production order until receiving the materials is around 2.5 months in some instances.

Usually this only happens with larger projects (Strapping Young Lad, etc.) as with most single and double LPs, we are usually ready to ship within about 30 days from pre-order date.

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Blood Music wrote:

Ok, I have to know what the reason for that was???

I have filed exactly one paypal claim and that was when a cellphone provider somehow took about twice as much money as they should have then claimed when i called that they received no money at all. I received a refund the next morning. There was another instance where I should have, but the 45 days had expired. Some ebay dickhead in Canada that ripped me off of a noise tape comp.

This appears to have been done by a very notorious eBay record reseller. He ordered at the exact same moment that someone else ordered the last copy and because it was only a split second apart, his came later. He got a "backordered" message from our webstore automatically and filed a claim without saying anything.

I e-mailed him and explained that it was the store doing it automatically, and we always withhold a couple copies in case of emergencies like this (store over-ordering, manufacturing, or severe shipping problems) and that he would get his record. He refused to lift it until I would tell him in nearly exact words "You will receive your order exactly as you placed it." No measure of telling that to him in different words would control him. There were ten or twenty e-mails to him back and forth where he also used a lot of jargon to say stuff like "I work hard at my job and don't make a lot of money and don't have time for this!"

He then received the record and sold it on eBay for 5x the price.

We subsequently banned him.

Blood Music
lordnausea

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:
lordnausea wrote:
Blood Music wrote:

Razz

In some cases, yes. But we always respond within 1-2 days if there is a concern. Vinyl production has skyrocketed so much that the current wait time from submitting a production order until receiving the materials is around 2.5 months in some instances.

Usually this only happens with larger projects (Strapping Young Lad, etc.) as with most single and double LPs, we are usually ready to ship within about 30 days from pre-order date.

I donīt mean about preorders!!! With a pre-ordered item you must be uderstanding and wait because unexpected things happens!!!

But If you ask for a "IN STOCK" item it is not normal to spend more than a month to send it....

Blood Music

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK -- if it's in stock, then 2 weeks without sending and a solid explanation is already pretty bad.

3 weeks is painfully bad.

But, to send to overseas, it can easily take several weeks with economy shipping and sometimes tracking is just ineffective or doesn't even work when a package leaves a home country.

Every system is just fucked, but we have only had 1 package go missing so far, which is pretty crazy good.

Blood Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: