P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I really REALLY tried but I could ne'er get into...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystalspeed wrote:
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Carcass besides first 2 albums

First BG & Helloween are top tier euro speed metal for me though. I feel the same about Carcass.
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtic Frost

I really, really tried.......
But I found their music boring as fuck and the vocals are the worst of it:no power, no aggression. Their vocals got sounded too forced.
True, I have respect for them and I know that not everything has to be 1000 miles an hour speed all the time, or mega ultra uber technical and all but still.
I can imagine that they could have been heavy for their time, and I respect every band that tries something else on every album, and yet: I never understood their "magic".
I do respect warrior alot: he always admits the crap with that "Cold lake" was and yet: don't feel nothing for their music and he sounds very genuine.

I take Pentacle, Obituary, Delirium (Hol), even Usurper over CF night and day. But CF? Nah...I take Hellhammer but no CF.....

FUCK OFF!
Lord Frieza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Celtic Frost

But I found their music boring as fuck and the vocals are the worst of it:no power, no aggression. Their vocals got sounded too forced.
True, I have respect for them and I know that not everything has to be 1000 miles an hour speed all the time, or mega ultra uber technical and all but still.
I can imagine that they could have been heavy for their time, and I respect every band that tries something else on every album, and yet: I never understood their "magic".
I do respect warrior alot: he always admits the crap with that "Cold lake" was and yet: don't feel nothing for their music and he sounds very genuine.

I take Pentacle, Obituary, Delirium (Hol), even Usurper over CF night and day. But CF? Nah...I take Hellhammer but no CF.....

FUCK OFF!

I tried CF years and years ago. I always thought they were pretty terrible.
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:

Ahahahahaha!
NeutronBombToIsrael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh....

Laughing
NeutronBombToIsrael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh....

Laughing
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowbar. I like a great deal of doom / sludge, but I never managed to sit through more than two tracks, bores the shit out of me. Can't stand the tough guy knucklehead attitude as well, for some reason.
Astaroth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:
Crowbar. I like a great deal of doom / sludge, but I never managed to sit through more than two tracks, bores the shit out of me. Can't stand the tough guy knucklehead attitude as well, for some reason.

I much prefer the first Down if I want to listen to that genre.
deveneror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Celtic Frost

FUCK OFF!

HH/CF is basically the foundation of all extreme metal.

Listen Monotheist. If you can't find what's good about the old stuff (which is already something extremely weird), maybe that album can do the trick.
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
crystalspeed wrote:

Carcass besides first 2 albums

I feel the same about Carcass.

I've felt similar too. But I tried NECROTICISM a few years back when it was put again on vinyl. It's a great album.
After that, they got lame..

Last edited by Captain Retard on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marlboro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvira, Klara, Olivia, Agnes, Matilda, Cornelia, Majken, Hilda, Ingrid, Sigrid, Linnea, Leena, Ansa, Milla, Katja, Eeva, Leevi
Tatiana, Ekaterina, Valeria, Anastasia, Irina, Oksana, Yana, Hannah, Mia, Paula, Theresa, Nina, Josephine
...to be continued...
brown growth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:

Same. Sometimes they are fine... not good, but fine... but as soon as those chuggy, slammy, Guitar Center riffs come in and things get all nu-metally I am out. It's fucking butt metal.
Bones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Crowbar missed out on the drugged psycho-retard feel the best sludge bands from the time period had. I dont hate it but it feels lacking vs Grief or Eyehategod or Buzzon*en
Ough

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones wrote:
I feel like Crowbar missed out on the drugged psycho-retard feel the best sludge bands from the time period had. I dont hate it but it feels lacking vs Grief or Eyehategod or Buzzon*en

I actually would rather listen to Crowbar than those bands, all of which I would list in this thread for bands I cannot like. All of this is total door-guy metal though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 56 of 61

Jump to: