P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

I really REALLY tried but I could ne'er get into...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 10711

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystalspeed wrote:
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Carcass besides first 2 albums


First BG & Helloween are top tier euro speed metal for me though. I feel the same about Carcass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Erosion



Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 570

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtic Frost

I really, really tried.......
But I found their music boring as fuck and the vocals are the worst of it:no power, no aggression. Their vocals got sounded too forced.
True, I have respect for them and I know that not everything has to be 1000 miles an hour speed all the time, or mega ultra uber technical and all but still.
I can imagine that they could have been heavy for their time, and I respect every band that tries something else on every album, and yet: I never understood their "magic".
I do respect warrior alot: he always admits the crap with that "Cold lake" was and yet: don't feel nothing for their music and he sounds very genuine.

I take Pentacle, Obituary, Delirium (Hol), even Usurper over CF night and day. But CF? Nah...I take Hellhammer but no CF.....

FUCK OFF!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord Frieza



Joined: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Celtic Frost

I really, really tried.......
But I found their music boring as fuck and the vocals are the worst of it:no power, no aggression. Their vocals got sounded too forced.
True, I have respect for them and I know that not everything has to be 1000 miles an hour speed all the time, or mega ultra uber technical and all but still.
I can imagine that they could have been heavy for their time, and I respect every band that tries something else on every album, and yet: I never understood their "magic".
I do respect warrior alot: he always admits the crap with that "Cold lake" was and yet: don't feel nothing for their music and he sounds very genuine.

I take Pentacle, Obituary, Delirium (Hol), even Usurper over CF night and day. But CF? Nah...I take Hellhammer but no CF.....

FUCK OFF!


I tried CF years and years ago. I always thought they were pretty terrible.
_________________
Demoniarch wrote:
odd angled haircut scarf wearing high brow artsy types
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5439
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Soul Erosion



Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 570

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:




Ahahahahaha!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeutronBombToIsrael



Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh....


Laughing
_________________
nileppez wrote: “Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeutronBombToIsrael



Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh....


Laughing
_________________
nileppez wrote: “Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K.D.S.



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 845

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowbar. I like a great deal of doom / sludge, but I never managed to sit through more than two tracks, bores the shit out of me. Can't stand the tough guy knucklehead attitude as well, for some reason.
_________________
"shit be JAMMIN! #metalgod" - Blake Judd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astaroth



Joined: 05 Oct 2007
Posts: 1413
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:
Crowbar. I like a great deal of doom / sludge, but I never managed to sit through more than two tracks, bores the shit out of me. Can't stand the tough guy knucklehead attitude as well, for some reason.


I much prefer the first Down if I want to listen to that genre.
_________________
deathrash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 307

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Celtic Frost

I really, really tried.......
But I found their music boring as fuck and the vocals are the worst of it:no power, no aggression. Their vocals got sounded too forced.
True, I have respect for them and I know that not everything has to be 1000 miles an hour speed all the time, or mega ultra uber technical and all but still.
I can imagine that they could have been heavy for their time, and I respect every band that tries something else on every album, and yet: I never understood their "magic".
I do respect warrior alot: he always admits the crap with that "Cold lake" was and yet: don't feel nothing for their music and he sounds very genuine.

I take Pentacle, Obituary, Delirium (Hol), even Usurper over CF night and day. But CF? Nah...I take Hellhammer but no CF.....

FUCK OFF!


HH/CF is basically the foundation of all extreme metal.

Listen Monotheist. If you can't find what's good about the old stuff (which is already something extremely weird), maybe that album can do the trick.
_________________
Deveneror - black metal https://deveneror.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Retard



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 1624
Location: Silver City

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
crystalspeed wrote:

Carcass besides first 2 albums


I feel the same about Carcass.


I've felt similar too. But I tried NECROTICISM a few years back when it was put again on vinyl. It's a great album.
After that, they got lame..
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM5rmqaabxk


Last edited by Captain Retard on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Marlboro



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 677

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvira, Klara, Olivia, Agnes, Matilda, Cornelia, Majken, Hilda, Ingrid, Sigrid, Linnea, Leena, Ansa, Milla, Katja, Eeva, Leevi
Tatiana, Ekaterina, Valeria, Anastasia, Irina, Oksana, Yana, Hannah, Mia, Paula, Theresa, Nina, Josephine
...to be continued...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 976
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:
Crowbar. I like a great deal of doom / sludge, but I never managed to sit through more than two tracks, bores the shit out of me. Can't stand the tough guy knucklehead attitude as well, for some reason.


Same. Sometimes they are fine... not good, but fine... but as soon as those chuggy, slammy, Guitar Center riffs come in and things get all nu-metally I am out. It's fucking butt metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones



Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Crowbar missed out on the drugged psycho-retard feel the best sludge bands from the time period had. I dont hate it but it feels lacking vs Grief or Eyehategod or Buzzon*en
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5439
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones wrote:
I feel like Crowbar missed out on the drugged psycho-retard feel the best sludge bands from the time period had. I dont hate it but it feels lacking vs Grief or Eyehategod or Buzzon*en


I actually would rather listen to Crowbar than those bands, all of which I would list in this thread for bands I cannot like. All of this is total door-guy metal though.
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 56 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group