P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

OUT NOW: Golden Dawn / Apeiron DLP (Demo 1995 Austrian BM)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seed_stock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: OUT NOW: Golden Dawn / Apeiron DLP (Demo 1995 Austrian BM) Reply with quote

PRE ORDER now for late February release date. Copies of the black edition will be distributed by Iron Bonehead for EU customers.

Preview tracks and other related material:
http://traunmuller-archives.bandcamp.com

It is with great honor that Seed Stock presents the 2xLP reissue of the 1995 demo tape from Golden Dawn & Apeiron (Austria). Over one and a half hours of astounding black metal full of mysticism, atmosphere, and oneiric quality.

First 100 copies on red vinyl + interview zine:
http://seedstockrecords.bigcartel.com/product/golden-dawn-apeiron-dlp-red-vinyl-zine-lim-100

400 copies on regular black vinyl
http://seedstockrecords.bigcartel.com/product/golden-dawn-aperion-dlp-black-vinyl-lim-400-ss-15

We cannot stress enough how crucial this recording is within the canon of Austrian black metal, and it is truly time to recognize the importance of these projects and the dynamic world created by Golden Dawn and its architect, Stefan Traunmuller.

There are A LOT of old demos getting reissue treatment these days, and within that spectrum there are many which have the charm and nostalgia of being from another era, but few of these recordings stand on their own as fully-conceived and fleshed out works of art. This release is not only remarkable for its expansive range of styles but for the sheer scope of vision that’s rarely found on the demo tape format. I can personally assure you that this is one of those rarest dark gems that up until now has criminally gone, for the most part, unacknowledged.

Golden Dawn formed as a one man project around 1993 and unleashed their great debut demo “Lullaby” two years later. The initial style of music is a combination of raw nordic Black Metal with a huge reliance on keyboards and ambient passages to provide a deeper and more mystical feeling that empowers the music. Also in 1995, Traunmuller decided to release a split between his main project Golden Dawn and a new project, Apeiron, one that was purely dark ambient based.

The result was the split demo 95 (originally issued on Impure Creations, France). The style of BM here is epic in terms of complexity of composition and epic in terms of the majestic feeling enveloping each song. The collection is truly a masterful execution of medieval ambient passages paired with raw atmospheric black metal.

One thing that really stands out is how varied the style is across these recordings, yet it’s cohesion as an entire story or epic tale is incredibly consistent. Within the boundaries of black metal and dark ambient Traunmuller was wildly inventive and his courage really shines listening to this musical odyssey over 20 years later.

Not only is this a prime example of raw, demo-era BM from Austria (see: Abigor, Summoning, Pazuzu, Trifixion, Amestigon et al) but the Apeiron material is also some of the strongest dark-ambient (or dark-wave) music from within the mid-90s BM scene.

Whereas virtually all of these types of projects are wholly indebted to Mortiis (and the style he defined), Apeiron has more of a unique identity that draws from the cosmic synthesizer music of Jean-Michel Jarre or ancient eastern meditation music. Now with this keyboard driven style enjoying a revival (sometimes referred to as ‘dungeon-synth’), the importance of these recordings is more crucial than ever.

Last edited by seed_stock on Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
ill omen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered this. Wasn't familiar with the band, but the description intrigued me and the tracks posted online are excellent.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's going to stock a few red copies within the EU?

would like to get my hands on the red one, but it guess shipping costs from the US to austria are horrible.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Really enjoying this. Going to pick up a copy from Iron Bonehead.[/quote]

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill omen wrote:
Just ordered this. Wasn't familiar with the band, but the description intrigued me and the tracks posted online are excellent.

Same here. Really strong material.
hellmask

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening on bandcamp now - https://traunmuller-archives.bandcamp.com/album/golden-dawn-apeiron-1995

As others have said, I am also not familiar with Golden Dawn at all, but this sounds excellent. Very unique with a real 'ancient' feel to it. I just ordered the red vinyl.
Oneiric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really FANTASTIC news, I immediately ordered the red version with the 'zine'. I discovered the Golden Dawn demos a couple of years back from Asmodian Coven and they have received consistent listens since then. The material is totally unusual, creative, atmospheric and remarkably ahead of its time. It's like Grausamkeit if he listened to more Mike Oldfield.

I also can't think of a better label to put out this release. Does this mean we may see the Lullaby or Way of the Sorcerer demos on vinyl as well?
ronjosenthal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instant order.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneiric wrote:
It's like Grausamkeit if he listened to more Mike Oldfield.

Now that you mention it, I do hear a lot of Grausamkeit in this. That's definitely not a common comparison I draw with a lot of bands... Good stuff, I might have to snag a copy.

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
Unaerth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see this. I grew up with this stuff (cassette). Here comes the proverbial ... CD version?
Thanks.
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really unexpected (but very welcome) re-release !
Too bad the ltd version with the interview zine is not available outside "Seed Stock" bigcartel because 28$ of shipping for a 22$ DLP is... (not) well.
seed_stock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping of the red vinyl edition to EU customers is $22.50. The error in shipping cost has been resolved.

Update: Iron Bonehead will get 15 copies of the Red Edition (lim. 100). They will not arrive until after all pre-order copies are shipped. However, those copies are reserved to go over to the IBP store.

There are talks of future reissues of Traunmuller material on CD and LP ("Lullaby" and Apeiron material), stay tuned for news regarding that.

Last edited by seed_stock on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
EK Nacht

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope the red doesn't sell out before Friday!
seed_stock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Way of the Sorcerer" (1995) demo has been added to the site from a high quality master.

https://traunmuller-archives.bandcamp.com/album/way-of-the-sorcerer-1995

This recording has more in common with Abigor or more melodic Swedish black metal.
seed_stock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are coming back next week, and will begin shipping as soon as they are picked up.

There are about 15 copies left of the red edition available from the seed stock shop. So now is the time to reserve a copy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: