P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PayPal claims = shit system for sellers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I don't think there are any problems for buyers. It's more of an issue for sellers accepting PayPal.

Problem for buyers is that any non eBay item you buy is considered to be what the seller says they sent if package has delivery confirmation. IE: order 5 LPs from India with guy saying all are mint condition; receive 4 of the 5 ordered (missing $60 LP) and they are covered in sand and reek of mildew. Paypal guy told me on phone if transaction is not on eBay as long as seller has delivery confirmation they just look at that SOME item was sent. Could be a used sock and as far as Paypal is concerned you got your records.

Use mandatory delivery confirmation on all orders and you should be 100% protected from claims, as far as their representative explained on the phone.

Only if item is on eBay does it matter what was sent (as there is a record of the item description and possibly photos) but Paypal gives no claims where item condition is disputed; if record described as "mint" shows up "poor" as long as it's same record from auction description paypal sides with seller.

Take credit cards directly and you are 100% vulnerable to chargebacks. All a buyer needs to do is say purchase was "unauthorized" to suck the $ back out of your account and keep the items. Paypal with delivery confirmation it will be much tougher for dishonest buyer to get $ back.
tom245

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just say that orders over X amount must be sent registered at buyers expense?
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always Hated paypal, wudl prefere to pay via bank transfer, but it is kind of problem in case of US
DeathLörd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke,

If a buyer wants their money back for an item; stipulate that they have to send it back to you registered at their own expense before they can be refunded. PayPal goes along with this method too. This shuts down frauds but may also fuck up an honest buyer.

Photos of the damaged goods can also be e-mailed to you by an honest buyer that actually got fucked though; so it's a good policy I think NWN should probably initialize.
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how, when you sell at ebay, you can choose: 'Don't accept unreliable methods of payments'. And when you do, your auction becomes paypal only. Never had any problems myself but I don't sell much. Everyone who wishes to pay with paypal has to pay for registered shipping. Probably not waterproof either but atleast a bit better protection.

Anyway, another question. I've sold some expensive black metal records the last year so paypal claims I received too much money and must provide more information. But when I do, all I can seem to choose is that I'm a merchant. Anybody had that before?
khaos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had this happen a few times and a registered receipt wasnt good enough, so now i use a system which is cheaper here. $2.50aud gets you a card that is mailed to the pacakge and the customer must sign for it before it gets handed over, then the card gets mailed back to me with their signature, their mailing address which matches their paypal, post office date stamp etc. all the proof you need. registered mail costs around $10, this card costs $2.50. im sure the usps has something like this?
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

Anyway, another question. I've sold some expensive black metal records the last year so paypal claims I received too much money and must provide more information. But when I do, all I can seem to choose is that I'm a merchant. Anybody had that before?

the same happened to me. I just provide the necessary infos and still got those e-mails asking for it. When I call their support hotline they told me that everything will be automatically solved when I finally reach the limit of money. So it happened and everything was set back to normal.
So no need to upgrade.
huja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khaos wrote:
ive had this happen a few times and a registered receipt wasnt good enough, so now i use a system which is cheaper here. $2.50aud gets you a card that is mailed to the pacakge and the customer must sign for it before it gets handed over, then the card gets mailed back to me with their signature, their mailing address which matches their paypal, post office date stamp etc. all the proof you need. registered mail costs around $10, this card costs $2.50. im sure the usps has something like this?

i think this is close to it.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/certifiedmailservice.htm

or this

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/returnreceiptservice.htm
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

I had the same, and I just filled in some random bullshit. This however worked against me because my account was blocked and I had to supply all kinds of business-papers that I don't have. Then I called them and explained I accidently filled in the wrong info, that I don't have a business but it's for private use, and they fixed everything back to normal luckily.
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:

According European anti-money-laundry laws, you are not allowed to have more than 1.300€ on your paypal account during a year. If you have more:

A) you have to sent a scan of your ID
B) you receive two nice mails to upgrade your account to a professional seller account

to A) do this !
to B) Fill in some stuff, but don't upgrade your account to a pro-seller account. This may cause one or two emails to paypal, I also had to speak on the phone for 20minutes with them (guess that was 1 Euro/minute) but now I am back to normal user account and can get all amounts of money I want.

=> A) and B) successful: Then you can sell your whole collection for 50k Euro over paypal, and paypal acts then like a bank account - with huge fees of course, hehehe.

However e.g. in Germany all banks want you to leave a copy of the ID when you start, but paypal wants this only when you have >1.300€ per year on your account. Well.....go figure why these anti-laundry laws were made. Wink
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a problem in the past when I used delivery confirmation. Has it changed so that delivery confirmation is not enough? When I had the info 2 years ago I got the money back from the shady buyer. Also delivery confirmation was free when I used the online postage system.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not possible to set up a system where you take credit card info for payments, or is that mega expensive?
Nocturnal Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamethereal wrote:
every time i send something to Singapore its a pain in the fucking ass. I'm almost ready to not accept bids from Singapore anymore.

THIS is exactly why I called Handry Gumanti a rip-off. He won an LP off me through ebay, I posted it like all other auctions and he made a claim which he won, I lost my LP and money.

So anyone from Asia is banned to order ANYTHING from me through paypal, I will only accept cash from them. If their postal service blows, they can suffer their losses not me.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never had a problem in the past when I used delivery confirmation. Has it changed so that delivery confirmation is not enough? When I had the info 2 years ago I got the money back from the shady buyer. Also delivery confirmation was free when I used the online postage system.

Delivery confirmation only works in the US. A lot of these problems are due to shitty postal systems of other countries as Jarro pointed out.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

duff138

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:

Delivery confirmation only works in the US. A lot of these problems are due to shitty postal systems of other countries as Jarro pointed out.

I was just looking at the different options to send a couple records overseas. One of the options, the step just above 1st class international, is priority overseas, for a little over a $1 it said that I could purchase a deliver receipt. I could have it emailed to me or a post card sent to me when the package was delivered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: