P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What re-issues don't suck and reasoning thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aphidhair

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with Century Media's reissue of Ceremonial Oath's The book of Truth. I'm not sure how it compares with originals, but I think it sounds great, and the booklet and presentation is top notch.

Otherwise, almost everything I've seen High Roller reissue has been great.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:
If I want some Misfits on vinyl is there a certain pressing I should be aiming for? Anyone know if any specific ones are regarded as inferior/superior?

Just turn back now. You need to trust me on this. Don't go down this particular rabbit hole.

Speaking from experience, I assume? Confused

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
Cursed_Reefer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unanimated - In The Forest Of The Dreaming Dead CD re-issue by Regain is the ultimate edition of this album. Great artwork (remember the old ugly covers?) and bonus demo stuff.

Vinyl would be killer too...
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard the new Venom "Black Metal" reissue on Sanctuary records? I need a copy of this and am considering just snagging one of these while they're still available. Sanctuary did a good job on the recent Iron Maiden reissues which is what lead me to consider them...

Also I'm still curious about Misfits vinyl if anyone has any insight on that any more input is appreciated.

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Also I'm still curious about Misfits vinyl if anyone has any insight on that any more input is appreciated.

I have an Italian pressing of Walk Among Us I bought years ago that is great. I can't speak for any other versions.

The "Collections I & II" I have never cared for due to Glenn's endless tweaking and overdubbing. My advice to you is to snag a bootleg copy of the early singles, the absolute highlight of their discography. The sound might not be perfect, but it's authentic. I picked up "Beware: The Complete Singles" and it's perfect for my needs. I don't know how much the pressings differ between Caroline, Plan 9, etc. I know they licensed out a lot so there are a lot of "legit" but questionable sounding versions out there.... and a shit ton of bootlegs.

I have an original purple vinyl copy of Static Age. I know right? Sorry ladies, I'm taken.... Cool
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
Anyone heard the new Venom "Black Metal" reissue on Sanctuary records? I need a copy of this and am considering just snagging one of these while they're still available. Sanctuary did a good job on the recent Iron Maiden reissues which is what lead me to consider them...

I can't complain about my copy. But the only other physical copy I've had was a CD that was stolen when some tweeker broke into my car 20 years ago.
kvltivation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:

I got mine last week, it sounds good in my book. Only 18 bucks at my record store. I've never really looked for copies online but, my shops always charged way too much for theirs. I'd recommend it if you don't feel like dropping 40 bucks on a gatefold double lp 75 rpm goldfoil edition and just want a record to spin. Laughing
hellmask

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
If I want some Misfits on vinyl is there a certain pressing I should be aiming for? Anyone know if any specific ones are regarded as inferior/superior?

Honestly, it's punk/hardcore from the 80s, so for the most part it doesn't matter much. If you're a fan of the band, it all sounds good. Walk Among Us is one of the greatest albums in the history of this planet, and it's going to sound great no matter which pressing you get.

That said, if you can find a copy of 12 Hits From Hell (it was released in very limited quantities before getting pulled. but an excellent bootleg exists...) - get it. I have the bootleg, and it's fucking awesome. It includes the tracks from the 3 Hits from Hell and Halloween 7"s, as well as alternate versions ("demos"?) of Walk Among Us tracks...all with Bobby Steele on guitar. I'm a total Misfits fanboy and worship everything they've released...but this may be their best.
hellmask

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...this may not be the best place to talk about Queensryche, but their remasters might be the best reissues ever IMO. I'm a huge fan of everything they put out up to and including Mindcrime, and the remasters are simply fantastic. The Warning, especially, is stellar.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellmask wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:

Honestly, it's punk/hardcore from the 80s, so for the most part it doesn't matter much. If you're a fan of the band, it all sounds good. Walk Among Us is one of the greatest albums in the history of this planet, and it's going to sound great no matter which pressing you get.

That said, if you can find a copy of 12 Hits From Hell (it was released in very limited quantities before getting pulled. but an excellent bootleg exists...) - get it. I have the bootleg, and it's fucking awesome. It includes the tracks from the 3 Hits from Hell and Halloween 7"s, as well as alternate versions ("demos"?) of Walk Among Us tracks...all with Bobby Steele on guitar. I'm a total Misfits fanboy and worship everything they've released...but this may be their best.

Indeed this is an incredible LP. Someday this deserves to get a legit issue.... Classic recording.
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any opinions or thoughts on the new Hexx reissues from Metal Blade? Their first two albums have been on my "sorta want" list for a long time, but I never wanted to pay internet prices for them. Looking through my collection though, it seems I have no Metal Blade vinyl reissues, so their quality is unknown to me
call_from_stars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master's Hammer - Ritual on Jihosound is better than the original press.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regain repress of Nifelheim "s/t" looks and sounds better than the Necropolis 1st press.
Powerdrive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's y'all's opinion on HR re-releases. I saw a bunch of their releases of albums I need such as Darkness - "Death Squad" at the record store.
mecha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
Dismal Euphony's Soria Moria Slott remaster with the nice bonustrack. I haven't listened to the original anymore after getting that one.

There is a resissue on vinyl issue by Le Necrophore France, I ordered and is waiting for it to arrive, I suppose the sound will be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: