P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What re-issues don't suck and reasoning thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
That Morbid LP set that came out, the only part of it worth listening to is the December Moon release songs, that is one LP only, and wasn't the package three LP's of the same songs in various live and demo versions which all sounded like absolute shit and only jacked up the price of a totally useless and worthless package, except for the December Moon issue LP, the only part worth anything of it. Rolling Eyes

CD version only sufficed.

It seems impossible for any label to just reissue December Moon without finding some way to make it cost $40 or more (at least on vinyl anyway). I've skipped all these reissues and stuck with the Morbid/Mayhem boot and been happy for years.

+1
This and the Reaper Records CD release of December Moon is all I need.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About these SEPTIC FLESH covers, they don't even give a hint of what the album sounds. I imagine a sissy-pseudo-Metal fan wanting the new symphonic prog album and being horrified with this quite harsher music. Laughing
LuisOrozco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Sometimes disliking new covers has nothing to do with collectibility and everything to do with not wanting to look at something hideous like the example below every time you want to listen to/flip past a record.

Even this one cover look not to ugly.....
A real ugly cover is for ESOPTRON album.....just why they do that Sad
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
About these SEPTIC FLESH covers, they don't even give a hint of what the album sounds. I imagine a sissy-pseudo-Metal fan wanting the new symphonic prog album and being horrified with this quite harsher music. Laughing

Actually that cover perfectly depicts what Septic Flesh's later albums sound like. Perhaps that cover does not 'suit' the nature of the earlier albums but it certainly does represent them now Cool
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not wrong. Laughing

I would repeat myself of I remember that already in 1999 there were sissies with lighters at their shows. I left the show disgusted. I didn't went there to see later SCORPIONS...
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
That Morbid LP set that came out, the only part of it worth listening to is the December Moon release songs, that is one LP only, and wasn't the package three LP's of the same songs in various live and demo versions which all sounded like absolute shit and only jacked up the price of a totally useless and worthless package, except for the December Moon issue LP, the only part worth anything of it. Rolling Eyes

CD version only sufficed.

Its been even more common these years to take those obscure bands and put everything possible on them and rebrand the packaging as being some complete archive. a reissue of december moon LP and the boxset for the diehards for example may have been cool.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A complete archive is awesome when the band in question actually has an archive of music to release.

A collection of shitty scraps and quick demo recordings the band taped to practice too is not tracks anyone should truly give a fuck to listen too, it all sounds horrible... there is no way I beleive anyone if they say they would sit and relax back knocking a beer or two down and enjoy the rough recordings offered in the Morbid collection.
I gave it one spin and thought to myself, what the hell is this garbage and are they serious (label)?
Why spend the money producing copies of that. December Moon is all anyone ever wanted. The practice tracks and live tracks from back in those days are not exactly listenable... one could pretend to like them, but then I think you are just acting and trying too hard to be cult. Laughing (personally)
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good time to note that the Morbid/Mayhem boot CD can be had for $5 in the NWN shop right now.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the Morbid tracks on the Mayhem boot compare to actual releases of December Moon, sound-wise? I've had that bootleg forever, but I've never owned an official version of December Moon.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one here, ofc:

Full stream: http://youtu.be/PdNPxGHVohg

Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, I fucked up and listed a re-issue that sucks to a doesn't suck thread. Embarassed

Well, time to try and recompense that folly.

Any reissue made to the exact detail of the original to provide desired copies and demand of thy the collector seeking for such... those do not suck.

NWN's Master's Hammer LP set, is that considered a new release format or a reissue? ...because that and the Mystifier box set do not suck, nor the recent The World some weak god made But don't Live on re-issue which are fucking awesome!

The reason being extremely careful detail and care to attentive releasing... fan based driven release methods*. Twisted Evil

*by this I mean the guy releasing it is not trying to appease fans, but is releasing that which he himself is a fan of. Before the retards can misconstue it and twist the way it reads. But then again Buffo is taking a break.
Captain Retard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reissue of Realm Of Chaos suck because of that new and awful LP cover
Cover sucks totally, luckily it doesn't effect good old Bolt Trower!
Nasum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:
I know back on black is a hit or miss, but the In The Woods - Heart of the Ages 2LP looks good and sounds great. Couldn't ask for more, for a release otherwise impossible to get.

I think this is precisely how this thread will be the most helpful. I've heard different things about Back on Black: that only the albums released during a certain period were subpar; that they are hit and miss, etc.

It would also be interesting to know what, if any, vinyl is reissued from original masters and which are remasters, and whether they suck.

I'm just going to chime in and warn people about the 2005-6 pressings of Gorgoroth LP's. I bought every one of them at the time except AMSG, and they all seemed good at a first glance despite the jackets being a bit flimsy if I remember correctly, but the sound was crisp and nice.

.. Turns out every single song had an additional few second delay between them made out of complete silence.. even the songs clearly meant to go back to back. On every single fucking piece of vinyl. Imagine listening to music on a shitty media/mp3 player that has to load every individual song when it changes, but add the luxurious crackling of the needle on your vinyl records that you bought for $70-80, with the funds of a teenager.

The weed I later bought with the money I sold the records for did not manage to entirely rinse the bad taste from my mouth. I am left perpetually BoB-phobic.
glwdrk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Eyehategod re-releases on Emetic are pretty fucking awesome!
rauta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a lot of collection purging lately and went out on a limb and got the BoB version of De Mysteriis.. Sounds fine and looks a ton better than the deluxe version so I'll just stick with that. Anyone looking for the ADP edition can send offers for it (condition almost like new).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: